[vdr-plugin-satip] this and that

• rofafor :
    In order to see if vtuner/satip-client has the same problems could you shortly explain what problems the Inverto-based receivers have and what "quirks" you use to come around these problems?

Thanks,
    Darkstar.

Hardware: Seagate Dockstar@1500MHz, GSS Box DSI 400 SAT>IP Server, VDR 2.1.6 mit Streamdev-Server
    Videoausgabe: RaspberryPi mit MLD-4.0.1-RPi an LG 42LM660

• In order to see if vtuner/satip-client has the same problems could you shortly explain what problems the Inverto-based receivers have and what "quirks" you use to come around these problems?

Nothing related to vTuner I guess. My plugin is using libcurl for RTSP communication and therefore it detects communication errors when Inverto devices strips the leading zeros out of session ids: the leading zeroes are returned only in SETUP responses but cannot be used in any further commands.

• Hi,

if the satip Plugin is activated, i can find issuses like this in the Log:

Code
    1. Jan 25 07:49:34 [vdr] [6360] ERROR: can't set filter (pid=65535, tid=02, mask=FF): Das Argument ist ungültig
    2. Jan 25 07:49:34 [kernel] DVB (dvb_dmxdev_filter_start): could not set feed
    3. Jan 25 07:49:34 [kernel] dvb_demux_feed_del: feed not in list (type=1 state=0 pid=ffff)

Can someone explain me, what this Messages mean?

• I couldn't find that error here. Maybe server specific?

- Client1: Thermaltake DH 102 mit 7" TouchTFT * Debian Stretch/vdr-2.4.0/graphtft/MainMenuHooks-Patch * Zotac H55-ITX WiFi * Core i3 540 * 4GB RAM ** Zotac GT630 * 1 TB System HDD * 4 GB RAM * Harmony 900 * satip-Plugin

- Client2: Alfawise H96 Pro Plus * KODI
    - Server: Intel Pentium G3220 * DH87RL * 16GB RAM * 4x4TB 3.5" WD RED + 1x500GB 2.5" * satip-Plugin
    - SAT>IP: Inverto iLNB

The post was edited 2 times, last by TheChief ().

• Nicht mit satip. Den o.g. Fehler habe ich gefunden und behoben. ;)

I am also intrested in how to fix it. Currently i "swatch" the logs and unattach, unload the device/driver and reload/attach it. Waorks but not the best way

DVB Server Triax TSS400 SAT>IP Server
    VDR Server Synlogy Diskstation DS214play, debian chroot headless streaming Sever, VDR 2.1.7 mit vtuner/satip und vdr-plugin-satip
    VDR Client AMD X2 250, 4GB DDR3, G210 Passiv, 64GB SSD, Antec Fusion Micro iMON, Samsung LE 40 A659, Teufel E300, Logitech Harmony, yaVDR0.5 streamdev-client, (satip & USB DVBSKY S960 fallback)
    VDR Client Raspberry PI B+, raspian wheezy, VDR 2.1.6 mit RpiHDDevice, streamdev-client
    V/A Clients Windows PC's, Tablet, Smartphones via Streamdev or SatIP (UPNP)

The post was edited 1 time, last by bolzerrr ().

• Zitat von »3PO«
    Nicht mit satip. Den o.g. Fehler habe ich gefunden und behoben.

3PO : Could you please explain how to fix the problem without satip?

HD DVB-C System / Ubuntu 14.04 x64 / Kernel 3.13.0-48 x64; VDR 2.2.x; VDRadmin 3.6.10 / ACPI Wakeup

SoftHD-Device GIT / Vdpau / Nvidia 337.25

ASUS AT5IONT-I; Atom D525; 4GB; Nvidia GT218; 1x DD Cine C/T v6; 1x DD DuoFlex C/T v2; (20~40 Watt)

• :modon
    9000H , 3PO, TheChief, bolzerrr, Scorp

With respect to to the author of vdr-plugin-satip this thread has to keep in english language. Please correct your posts accordingly.

Regards
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

The post was edited 1 time, last by fnu ().

• First of all, please excuse me for going somewhat off-topic here, but I really got lost now and I'm sure you will be able to help me.

I have VDR backend fully working with a single DVB-S2 and single DVB-T2 tuner. I need only one channel at once from each devices.
    I'm not sure if SATIP plugin is the one I'm looking for. I would like to create ip streams out of my DVB-T device's reception. Is it possible with this plugin or I need to look elsewhere (if yes, then where)? I would like to access the ip stream of the dvb-t device on my local LAN and Internet when I'm not at home.
    There are 4 muxes on DVB-t, I would need them all, but only one mux at a time, so no need to have 4 tuners I guess.

Thanks!

Server: Atom 330, 2GB RAM, 2x2TB HD, 160GB 2.5" system drive, DVBSky S960 USB DVB-S2, picoPSU 120W, Ubuntu Server Trusty, VDR 2.2.0 + Live, streamdev, epgfixer, epgsearch, restfulapi, vnsi-server
    HTPC1: ASRock 330 ION, 2GB RAM, 32GB 1,8" SSD, Chieftec IX-03B + picoPSU 90W, Kaze Slim 100mm cooler, OE 5.95.4 DualAudio Build + VDR vnsi-client
    Clients: notebook, netbook, desktop, Pi2, WP
    Harmony 515 Remote, Panasonic 42" Plasma, Sony STR-DE 585 5.1 DTS, 78 Triax + Inverto Black LNB + Powertech S380

• What you want is a SAT>IP server?

Take a look at minisatip:
    https://github.com/catalinii/minisatip

Yes, this was not clear to me, that satip plugin is for RECEIVING ip streams or it can create IP stream out of dvb source.

Basically yes, I need a server, and minisatip look something like that, thank you!
    However, it seams that I will be better with streamdev server, then I will have reencode possibility too for over the WAN with EXT. Just to get a good externremux.sh config.

One more question: if you have a dvb-s tuner, why would you need IP streams in your local lan, what is the benefit of it over direct DVB-S device?

Server: Atom 330, 2GB RAM, 2x2TB HD, 160GB 2.5" system drive, DVBSky S960 USB DVB-S2, picoPSU 120W, Ubuntu Server Trusty, VDR 2.2.0 + Live, streamdev, epgfixer, epgsearch, restfulapi, vnsi-server
    HTPC1: ASRock 330 ION, 2GB RAM, 32GB 1,8" SSD, Chieftec IX-03B + picoPSU 90W, Kaze Slim 100mm cooler, OE 5.95.4 DualAudio Build + VDR vnsi-client
    Clients: notebook, netbook, desktop, Pi2, WP
    Harmony 515 Remote, Panasonic 42" Plasma, Sony STR-DE 585 5.1 DTS, 78 Triax + Inverto Black LNB + Powertech S380

• gurabli
    If you have dvb-s tuner you need no satip but you can use this with more clients in your network. (iPad, VDR, etc.) and you need no satellite connection for this clients.

Gruß
    Frodo

• Hello,

my log is getting quite crowded:

I can watch channels without problems. The only problem is the log. What could be the reason for this "verbosity"?

Greetings,
    Hendrik

• Does anyone have some sample configs for sources.conf in the following scenarios:

1. single tuner device, multiple satellite positions
    2. multiple tuner devices, multiple satellite positions

The README says "SAT>IP satellite positions (aka. signal sources) shall be defined via sources.conf. If the source description begins with a number, it's used as SAT>IP signal source selection parameter." But does this also imply some dedicated binding of a specific tuner device to a signal source?

I have an OctopusNet with 4 DVB-S2 tuners, connected to a multiswitch which has access to Astra 1 and Eutelsat Hotbird. I have one vdr server running on a NAS which is supposed to handle all recordings/timers and two "front end" vdr's attached to TVs. Since I cannot exclude the situation where all devices are being used at the same time I assign the number of tuners to be used by vdr (two tuners for the server, one tuner each for the clients).

On the front ends I currently use the following sources.conf which seems to work fine (despite having only one tuner):

Code
    1. S19.2E 2 Astra 1H/1KR/1L/1M/2C
    2. S13.0E 1 Eutelsat Hot Bird 13B/13C/13D

When using the same config on the server (with two tuners), I cannot do parallel recordings on the same satellite position anymore, it looks like the tuners are bound to their specific source.

• Hallo

My situation and questions are somehow similar. A big difference is that with my configuration the satip does not work at all.

satip Readme:

"SAT>IP satellite positions (aka. signal sources) shall be defined via sources.conf."

I (low IQ & high age) concluded:

Source ==> source characteristics

assigned frontend(s)

signal sources ==> diseqc-switch position (e.g. Position B, Option B)

My example:

- VDR with mixed configuration

- DVB-C (3)

- satip-plugin + DVBS-4 octopus

Binding sources to the ipsat-DVB-S2 tuners I configured diseqc.conf:

Switching the corresponding diseqc's I configured sources.conf:

Code
    1. S9.0E 2 Eurobird 9
    2. S19.2E 1 Astra F/G/H/KR/L
    3. S13.0E 2 Hotbird 6/7A/8
    4. S28.2E 4 Astra 2D/A/B

I fear (literally translating) I am on the wrong steamer...

Some help would be highly aprecieated.

SpaghettiCoder

Code
  • Those entries define the source type of the signal, not the frontend.

That syntax means something like "

If somebody wants to tune to S19.2E, the satip plugin should send a 'src=1' to the SAT>IP server.

If somebody wants to tune to S9.0E, the satip plugin should send a 'src=2' to the SAT>IP server."

That number is eqiv. to a diseqc switch or similar. It doesnt relate to the question 'how much tuners are able to tune S19.2E'.