here is a mini-linux for Xbox dedicated as a streamdev client.
Based in xebian, you launch it as a normal .xbe application.
It use vdr-1.3.22 , streamdev-client 0.3.4 , Xine plugin , Directfb with df_xine.
You need an xbox remote control to use it. Or at least, you can use svdrp with a second vdradmin session on your server isntalled to control the xbox.
Migration to Xine plugin + df_xine ( xine for DirectFB ) : Skins support, better video fluidity.
First version, DirectFB + hacked Softdevice ( audio glitches, bad skin support, and not smooth)
* An Xbox
* With modchips it's better
* A dashboard like Evox, XBMC, or anything else that support launching apps.
* an Xbox remote control kit (like i laready said, pads are not working.... it's in project, but not in the priorities)
so, for the install :
* Download XVDR and unrar it.
* Don't forget to set Xbox clock for the EPG!!
* Transfer the debian folder with FTP in the E driver ( and not F ) to obtain "E:\debian"
* Edit your Evox.ini file or other dashboard config file to add the menu entry to e:\debian\default.xbe
* Edit the linuxboot.cfg file to modify the "xbox_ip=192.168.0.6" parameter with your xbox ip. ( for ssh/ftp access and VDR server access)
* Launch Linux/VDR
* Connect with ftp to your xbox ip, user: root / password : xebian and put your own channels.conf in /VdrBox/VDRConf, and your logos in skins directories.
* Set in the streamdev configuration menu ( ( Configuration/ Plugins / Streamdev ) your VDR server ip. You will probably have to restart vdr on the xobx to make the changes working.
For version 1:
DON'T USE streamdev multipid/filter and softdevice deinterlace mode.... Or it won't be usable at all.
For version 2:
Multipid is supported.
Remote control map:
Display --> Power
Reverse --> Volume -
Play --> Mute
Forward --> Volume +
(useless as Xbox audio chipset don't have hardware mixer)
Skip - --> Red
Stop --> Green
Pause --> Yellow
Skip + --> Blue
Title --> Nothing or User1, i don't remember
Info --> Idem
Haut,Bas,Gauche,Droite --> Haut,Bas,Gauche,Droite (c'est bien fait quand meme!!)
Up,Down,Left,Right --> Up, Down, Left, Right what a coincidence...
Select --> Ok
Menu --> Menu (
Back --> Back
0 ~ 9 --> 0 ~ 9