New forum skin and software is HORRIBLE!

• Well, in my personal opinion, Tapatalk became worse and worse over the versions, now it just sucks ...

vdr-portal.de with the WBB is fast with all of my browsers.

I can't speak on Tapatalk because I don't use mobile devices for forums, but I can say this forum is very slow compared to the previous one when using my desktop workstation. Even if this forum is optimized for mobile now, it shouldn't be slow on desktops so I don't know what's up with that. No other forums I use have a problem and even the "old" vdr-portal didn't. It's only this new one.

• I can't see any slow down actually on my desktops compared to the former version. Tried 3 different browsers, Chrome, IE, Firefox and well Safari on iOS ... always using https ...

Regards

fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

• Screen space is adopted from browsers capabilities, give vdr-portal.de a try with a browser on a mobile device ...

you can also edit the style pretty easily, I did the same because we were also annoyed due the gigantic space wasting (it looks cool but so much scrolling)

rolling back to 4.x sizes is pretty "easily" (+ time) doable

• you can also edit the style pretty easily, I did the same because we were also annoyed due the gigantic space wasting (it looks cool but so much scrolling)

I can't find the page in your screenshot. Is this only something the forum admin can do?

• you can also edit the style pretty easily, I did the same because we were also annoyed due the gigantic space wasting (it looks cool but so much scrolling)

@Administators: please do that!

MLD 5.5 mit VDR 2.6.4 & Kodi 19.4 - Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 - AMD A8-7600 - 4 Gb RAM - Ausgabe via MSI N220GT-MD1GZ mit softhddevice & vdpau - 19.2E & 28.2E Empfang via Linux4Media L4M-Twin S2 ver 6.5 - Terratec Aureon 5.1 Fun TTP8 - Crucial m4 CT064M4SSD2 - Seagate Exos 7E8 in Scythe Quiet Drive SQD-1000 - Medion X10 RF Remote Control 20016398

• Well, I'm also using Desktop and I don't feel being out in the cold ...

• Maybe not out in the cold, but that 'new cool style' going around everywhere is a plague. Seen the new Skype for Linux? Same issue: Soooo Coool - but just pain in the ass to use unless you go fullscreen to get at least a small overview....

The old one for sure was much more economic to use.

VDR2: ASRock J4105-ITX, DVBSky S952, openSUSE Tumbleweed, VDR 2.4.7

softhddevice/vaapidevice, DFAtmo, xmltv2vdr, tvscraper, tvguideng, VDRAdmin-AM (alles git, aber alt)

• Doesn't WBB offer a style thats similar to the old design in terms of screen space usage?

The UI experience is horrible due to the huge space wasting design ("Share" and "Online users" eats up one third of my 1920x1200px screen).

It feels like playing with Duplo bricks!

• Well, I'm also using Desktop and I don't feel being out in the cold ...

That's great for you but it doesn't represent everyone. There are other people who are posting and agree with me on this too. It sounds like you think since there's no problem for you, nobody else should have a problem. I really hope that's not the case. If so it only proves my point further.

If adding a different theme/style helps make everyone happy, why wouldn't you want to do that?

• Doesn't WBB offer a style thats similar to the old design in terms of screen space usage?

Nope because the new is "perfect" :sleeping: - its great for Tablet view but at a typical FullHD screen it is fubar.

Just as size comparison of what you see at an FullHD screen, basically the same theme (different colours) with just some spacing adjustments.

• That's great for you but it doesn't represent everyone.

But you?

• But you?

No, neither. 'All of us' is everyone, and as such the current layout does not please everyone (nor does it annoy everyone).

The logical consequence should be to agree that there should be (easy) options for everyone to be happy - which is not the case right now :(

VDR2: ASRock J4105-ITX, DVBSky S952, openSUSE Tumbleweed, VDR 2.4.7

softhddevice/vaapidevice, DFAtmo, xmltv2vdr, tvscraper, tvguideng, VDRAdmin-AM (alles git, aber alt)

• Well, obviously it's a minority that does complain, the big majority doesn't ... things are changing, espacially software design.

It's like going to a big party event, with a lot of people having fun, but just a few are complaining about the host and the location ...

Regards

fnu

• But you?

Are you suggesting you speak for everyone here but me, and that everyone else here loves this new forum as much as you do? That's absurd.

Well, obviously it's a minority that does complain, the big majority doesn't ... things are changing, espacially software design.

It's like going to a big party event, with a lot of people having fun, but just a few are complaining about the host and the location ...

What "big majority" are you talking about? The thousands & thousands of inactive users? Are you assuming people who haven't commented either way automatically love it? Are you counting people who haven't posted in years (or ever!)? This forum has over 22,000+ registered users. Only a tiny sliver of that number is actually active. The only thing obvious is that the userlist is way past-due for a purge/clean-up.

This thread has only four people in favor (you, mkruseonline, Frodo, lostinpc), and more than three times as many who agree with me (myself, Piet, 3PO, Funzt, AndreasR81, MegaVOlt, CVH, Villeneuve, Der_Put, trunk-animal, TheEnvoy, helau, Whirl). But obviously it doesn't matter how many people don't like this layout because you've now made it clear you don't care what anyone thinks that doesn't agree with you, and aren't willing to do anything so both sides are happy.

I thought this forum had more integrity and respect for its' users... Apparently I was wrong.

• No, neither. 'All of us' is everyone, and as such the current layout does not please everyone (nor does it annoy everyone).

The logical consequence should be to agree that there should be (easy) options for everyone to be happy - which is not the case right now :(

I totaly agree. I would welcome an option to change the theme per user. I'd really like an option with a more condesed view. It's to much scolling right now compared to the old forum.. at least it feels that way.

Now There's A lesson To Learn,
    Respect's not Given,
    It's Earned.
    --
    System : Gehäuse: techsoloTC-380 // HW: Atom 330 @ ASUS AT3IONT-I Deluxe, 4GB RAM, 2TB Samsung F4 EcoGreen HD204UI, TT6400 // SW: MLD 5.4 stable // Octopus NET S2 Max // Client: NVidia ShieldTV // LNB: DurSAT UK124

• I totally agree; i'm also one of the 'minority' group of users.

The current style of the forum wastes space, gives no overview over current issues/threads/trends, but it looks soooooo nice.

Instead of content, large spaces are wasted with with empty space, pictures, statistics, avatar pictures.

One good example is the menu item 'Artikel', click on it to get - guess what - nothing.

However, i could fix it for me using custom css style hacks to make the forum usable again...

• I think, only genka has the possibility to add another style to this site. So instead of arguing, what about finding an alternativ style plugin and suggest it? It would be better, someone, who doesn't like the current style, is looking for a new one. It wouldn't help, if genka installs some other and no one likes it either.

Let's work together to make this place useable for everyone again.

Lars

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!