[ANNOUNCE] Extended EPG Plugin 0.0.2

• sorry, hepi, hatte deine pn aus dem anderen Forum nicht gelesen, war wohl Gedankenübertragung ;)
    brgds
    andi

Zitat

Original von hepi
    I will work on an updated eepg plugin package for yavdr within the next days. The package will be available within the yavdr stable-vdr PPA once it has been tested.

• Does any patch in this thread (or combination of patches) fix the 64bit compile problem that has been reported in a few places?

Code
    eepg.c:2688:35: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    eepg.c:2777:16: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(’ token
    eepg.c:4229:31: error: expected ‘}’ at end of input

I saw that there is a 64bit binary in the yavdr launchpad, so it has to work somehow (I already tried the source version from there but get the same compile error)

• Zitat

Originally posted by hepi
    I will work on an updated eepg plugin package for yavdr within the next days. The package will be available within the yavdr stable-vdr PPA once it has been tested.

:whatever

• Hi,

stumbled upon this thread and noticed that hepi's message is rather old. I remembered I found the patch needed to compile on 64bit on the VDR mailing list, and I also have a patch for proper header inclusion (not everyone compiles vdr plugins in the vdr source tree, that's an ill concept, and get rid of ugly including a C file, that one was possible after I asked KLS exporting necessary functions in the header around version 1.7.13). With these patches, I'm successfully fetching the epg for BBC channels.

Enjoy,
    Lucian

• The plugin works. I use it on a daily basis (but only for freesat channels). But it is not ideal that

a) the author is inactive and the licence/copyright question is not solved
    b) the source code is not hosted on a SVN/Git/etc.
    c) the existing patches for the plugins source code are not hosted on a SVN/Git/etc.

If we could get the author to put the souce code under GPL, then we would know that we could do a fork and continue to clean the plugin up.

Our efforts to optimize the plugin in the last months are quite chaotic and this keeps my motivation low to help out.

Cheers,
    hepi

• Thanks for the reply Hepi,

As you say, the Freesat channels work great but the Sky UK channels are unfortunately only Now and Next.

It really would be a wonderful plugin if it worked for all channels but I can understand your issues if the source code is hard to get hold of.

• Actually, I just remembered this: If I remember it correctly, you have to manually tune to

Code
    EPG Background Audio.;BSkyB:11778:VC23M2O0S0:S28.2E:27500:0:648=eng@4:0:0:4152:2:2004:0

Afterwards, you get a decent epg for SKY UK via eepg plugin.

Cheers,
    hepi

P.S.: I have contacted dingo, the author of the plugin and he told me that he will look into putting the eepg code under a suitable licence when he finds the time for it.

• Hi all,

Glad to see a lot of people are enjoying the eepg-plugin, and development/patching has not stopped. I will gladly provide the latest version of the source code and release it under some GPL variant so it can be put in svn/git (I have small preference for svn for historic reasons); if I recall correctly, my latest version is 0.0.5, I would prefer you guys just proceed with version 0.0.6 and not create a new fork. Let's keep things as simple as possible.

Also, especially for the Freesat part of the code, I would recommend contacting Klaus to make one class (forgot which one) of VDR public, this would eliminate a large number of lines of code that now are copied from some old VDR version.

Best to all of you! Dingo.

• Hi,

Just wanted to say thank you very much (again) for keeping this plugin in shape.
    I really appreciate all effort being done.

Greetings,
    Steven

VDRserver : Asrock n3700 + 8 GB ram + HDD Toshiba 3 TB (video) + 2 x 500 Gb (home) + Sandisk SSD 64 GB (OS) + Digital Devices Octopus Cine S2 + DD DVB T/T2-Operating System : Ubuntu Server (headless) 14.04 64 bit mit stable yavdr ppa

VDRclient : Wetek Hub mit Libreelec (8.2 community build von kszaq)

• Ok guys, here is my latest eepg version, put in the public domain under GPL (like the previous versions).

Please try to avoid forking this development and continue it in unity, as the linux community is worthy. So please upload this version to svn/git repository, and start patching/developing from there, and if a new version is to be brought out, please name it eepg-0.0.6.tgz etc.... , to avoid any confusion.

If I would like to make any changes, I will confine to the same repository also...

Best regards, Dingo.

• Hi dingo,

Thank you very much for the new version! I have another question regarding eepg which is independet from the SVN/Git topic:

When I try to build the plugin on Debian/Ubuntu as a package (vdr-plugin-eepg) independently from VDR sources using the dpkg-buildpackage command, I didn't find any other way as copying the complete libsi folder of the latest VDR version into the plugin's folder and changing the following include line:

Code
    #include "../../../libsi/si.c"

This very ugly approach was already discussed earlier in this thread. The attached patch against eepg-0.0.5 should give you an example how I do this.

I'm not an expert on VDR plugins and plugin architecture, so if there is any other alternative to this I would be thankful to learn about it.

EDIT: Maybe it would be necessary to split the eepg sourcecode into two parts: A VDR core patch + the plugin code?

Cheers,
    hepi

• Here is the patch that tries to fix the following:

- Fix for vdr-1.7.x
    - Fix for OTV formats
    - Fix MHW2 format
    - Fix crash when Themes are less than the size needed for the MHW2. This has also to be completely modified since the current implementation is not best.
    - Added parental rating for SKY since it is provided and handled by vdr-1.7.15

This patch is very useful for Sky IT too. It doesn't fit well with the last eepg 0.0.5 version. Could you think to adapt such patch to the new release? It seems that the development of eepg is going to start again (new git repository) and your patch could be integrated.

• Hi all,

In my local version of eepg, after the patch that I have provided on this board, I have already removed the

Code
    #include "../../../libsi/si.c"

completely and I use the si.h and it works fine, I will try to extract a patch tomorrow, and I will also try to make it against vdr-plugin-eepg-0.0.5

• I have updated to the version "0.0.5-1yavdr1~lucid" that is available on the Maverick repo by Alexandr Surkov (here ) and the EPG Background Audio channel method of building the EPG doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Is there anything I can check in the logs? (/var/logs/syslog) to check if it is fetching the EPG correctly?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!