Beiträge von dimsa

All the patches are implemented on the master and experimental branches. I did not have possibility to test them at the moment so please report any problems.

Zoolook thanks for the patches. As far as I know the eepg does not clear all epg data, but it can update some events with the same ID and version. Your problem should be investigated a bit further

Hi all,

The EEPG plugin is now on projects.vdr-developer.org:

http://projects.vdr-developer.org/projects/plg-eepg

The latest revision is based on eepg=0.0.5 and has includded eepg-0.0.3-charsetfix-viasat.diff, eepg-0.0.3_small_fix.diff, eepg-0.0.3-viasatonly.diff and few additional changes. So far in my test it works fine, except for CSat where some of the titles seem not to be added. I will try to look into it this days.

As for an archive file, I will wait to finish CSat so that 0.0.6 can be released, so for now please use the git repository.

Hi all,

In my local version of eepg, after the patch that I have provided on this board, I have already removed the

Code
    #include "../../../libsi/si.c"

completely and I use the si.h and it works fine, I will try to extract a patch tomorrow, and I will also try to make it against vdr-plugin-eepg-0.0.5

Well the code for freesat is partially taken from VDR see eit.c , and in VDR there is some additional part for rating and other information than can be extracted from the stream, and it is supported so I was trying to us it also.

However I test this on BBC NEWS on 28.2E which is only channel than I know on freesat thanks to Wilb, but I don't receive any data on this channel. Eather freesat does not work fro me or i should check another channel.

Zitat

Originally posted by newsy
    here's my new patch for viasat.

Thanks for the patch, I will test it, I hope it fixes freesat, since I can not test viasat.

I have also made a small update do extract additional info from the stream, based on VDR code, however I need to test it before I post it.

As for the && this is when I do a manual patch without test ;)

I have already removed si.c and I see no problems so far. However I don't know which channels use freesat so I can not test this point. Please point me some if you know.

As for viasat it seems I'm out of luck since as lyngsat says the beam is not pointed in my direction, so I can not test it.

From my point of view viasat should be same as freesat. so it sholuld work only with this patch:

- if (Pid == 3842) {
    + if (Pid == 3842 && Pid == 0x39) {
    on line 3918 of original eepg.c

sorry for the hand made patch, but if you can test it and share the results. If this does not work I think I know what else needs to be done, shame I can not test it myself.

I agree, I have seen it also, I'm waiting for your patch. I have also seen that si.c does not have to be used the header is enough. I think the main idea behind the si.c is already commented. So far on OTV it works fine without it. I will test some more and provide patch to replace this include

Could you point some channels for viasat?

Zitat

I tried to use decodeText2 but because it's a member function of cEIT2 it would be necessary to create an instance of cEIT2 to be able to get access from outside. Perhaps decodeText2 shouldn't be a member function at all

As I understand it is a member function so it can use getCharacterTable which actually implements VDR_CHARSET_OVERRIDE, so I guess a bit more change is needed, but it has to be done to reduce code duplication. I will try to refactor a bit as soon as I have some more free time.

Zitat

with these changes I get all special characters on Digital+

BTW couldn't we include Viasat EPG into eepg plugin?

Here's a VDR patch, seems it's exactly like dvb epg but on different pids.
    http://linuxdvb.org.ru/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=1005

I will try your patch, however decodeTextMHW is not necessary, since there already exists decodeText2 inside eepg, it is just not used on the right places. This method also requires VDR_CHARSET_OVERRIDE but it is already used in VDR and by you.

It's a good idea to include Viasat, so let's try

Ichijoe

The EPG is encrypted in a certain way however this is already handled by the original eepg-0.0.3 and the channel EPG Background Audio is FTA so you can use the eepg.
    My point about not working was that it might not compile on older versions of VDR.
    Anyway you can increase log verbosity on line 43 of eepg.c and check the log what is going on when tuned to this channel.

newsy
    I have not looked into the characterset problem so far. It will be in my TODO list.

It might not be compatible only due the Rating that was added. I'm not sure in which version of vdr was the Rating introduced. If someone can tell me a version for which the patch does not work, I will provide an updated version to work for all.

Zitat

Originally posted by Ichijoe

Since your receiving Ch4HD I'm gonna take a stab that you have your SmartCard in use no?
    JFYI 960 961 and 963 are the CAIDs for BSkyB (NDS Crypt), which would go along way to explaining why this hasn't worked for me.
    Like I said the sky EPGs are in fact encrypted aswell. :(

It should work for you also, you just have to tune to the channel
    EPG 28e - Sky UK;BSkyB:11778:vC23M2O0S0:S28.2E:27500:0:0:0:960,961,963:1:0:0:0

as posted above

I have noticed the last line during my tests also, and this needs to be investigated at least from speed performance point of view, however all the summaries and and titles present are there.

Also the verbosity can be decreased if you don't want to be bothered with this information.

I'm not sure if someone has some old logs so that this line can be checked when the plugin worked previously.

Thank you very much for the information. I have already used this version of rotor that you mentioned when I tested in my previous post, however I was using the old patch for VDR rotor.
    The functionality that you mentioned was actually in the patch provided with rotor-0.1.4mh-v1.2.
    After applying the correct patch, finally my card works as it should. Thanks again.