[play] GIT up to date

• Than you must stay with the mplayer plugin. One design goal is no need of this ** ** *** shell scripts.
    When mplayer has problems with special streams, than fill bug reports to mplayer.
    When mplayer is too stupid to know, that the deinterlacer is not needed, than fill a bug report there and don't work around the bugs.

It's not a matter of mplayer being stupid or not. There are plenty of times where the mpeg headers are incorrect and that is certainly not the fault of the user or mplayer. Of course you can take a cheap way out by saying go complain to every content provider where this is an issue, but how realistic is that? People have tried before and gotten nowhere. We don't live in a perfect world and ignoring that fact is really bad. You need to remember that all the mplayer command line options exist so that the user can set what is needed and/or what he prefers. It's impossible for a player to get it right 100% of the time and somehow know what the user wants in every scenario. I get what you want to accomplish but to achieve it you better not rely on mplayer.

Zitat

You have the option -/ and "man ln -s" or use automounters.
    And some day I will support play lists.

Code
    ln -s video /var/vdr/play/video
    ln -s audio /var/vdr/play/audio
    ln -s images /var/vdr/play/images
    --plugin="play ... -/ /var/vdr/play/ ..."

This is more flexible and needs no configurations.

Yes it needs configuration. It requires the user create a whole symlink tree, which is more work than creating a sources list.

Zitat

I thinking about using different browser roots (video/music/pictures/...).

This is actually a good idea and (mostly) eliminates the need for a sources list or a symlink tree.

In the end it's important to remember that for anything to be a serious alternative, it should be better & more functional that its' competition -- not crippled or less capable. That being said, I would like to see vdr-play improve and stick around for a while!

• Nimmt doch aktuellere Distributionen:

Johns

hast eh recht!

mille grazie! ;)

• Moin,
    habe Deinen Patch eingebaut, jedoch finde ich anschließend keine Log-Einträge vom Mplayer im Syslog.

Das hier rufe ich in einem anderen Script auf um zu sehen ob der mplayer überhaupt mit DVD klarkomt.
    Das funktioniert:

Code
    /usr/bin/mplayer -fs -osdlevel 1 -vo vdpau -vc ffh264vdpau,ffmpeg12vdpau,ffvc1vdpau,ffwmv3vdpau,ffodivxvdpau, -ao alsa:device=hw=$AUDIO -cache 8192 -slave -volume 100 -mixer S/PDIF -alang de -ontop yes -lircconf /VDR/lircrc -v -noconfig all -idx -fs -dvd-device /dev/dvd

Habe unterchiedliche DVDs probiert (gekaufte/gebrannte) das hat nix gebracht.
    Noch eine Idee?

• Permissions? Läuft VDR als User VDR und hat dieser User zugriff auf die DVD?

Code
    groups vdr
    audio cdrom video vdr

Johns

Sag mir, wo die Developer sind. Wo sind sie geblieben? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . SoftHdDevice - A software and GPU emulated HD output device plugin.
    Sag mir, wo die Developer sind. Was ist geschehn?

Client0: Crown CW02 MSI_C847MS-E33 Zotac_GT640_passiv Cine-S2 iMon-MCE / streamdev softhddevice
    Client1: Lian_Li_PC-Q09FB ASRock_H67M-ITX/HT I3-2100 ASUS_ENGT520_passiv / streamdev softhddevice
    Test: Lian_Li_PC-Q09R Asus C60M1-I / streamdev
    Server0: Dockstar TT-S2-3600-USB / streamdev
    Server2: Lian_Li_PC-Q07R Intel_DH61DL G620 WD20EARX 90W PicoPSU Cine-S2+DuoFlex-S2+DuoFlex-CT / streamdev / 22 Watt Verbrauch

• I think an option should be added to using an mplayer launch script instead of only being launching mplayer directly.

Hi,

Maybe, you could do this:

- in runvdr.sh:

Code
    PATH=/special/path/for/fake/mplayer:$PATH
    vdr -Pplay ...

- in /special/path/for/fake/mplayer/mplayer:

Code
    REAL_MPLAYER=/usr/bin/mplayer
    OPTS="whatever you want"
    exec $REAL_MPLAYER $OPTS

Peter

• No need todo it such complex.

Just use -Pplay ... -m /path/to/my_mplayer_script ...

Johns

Sag mir, wo die Developer sind. Wo sind sie geblieben? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . SoftHdDevice - A software and GPU emulated HD output device plugin.

Client0: Crown CW02 MSI_C847MS-E33 Zotac_GT640_passiv Cine-S2 iMon-MCE / streamdev softhddevice
    Client1: Lian_Li_PC-Q09FB ASRock_H67M-ITX/HT I3-2100 ASUS_ENGT520_passiv / streamdev softhddevice
    Server2: Lian_Li_PC-Q07R Intel_DH61DL G620 WD20EARX 90W PicoPSU Cine-S2+DuoFlex-S2+DuoFlex-CT / streamdev / 22 Watt Verbrauch

• As I wrote the last post, i didn't remember this use.

But I didn't plan to include any shell scripts.
    I generate all mplayer parameters in the plugin,
    so it could be tricky to parse the commnd line in the script.

Johns

• If the filename is always the last parameter, it should be ok.

This does seem to work. I modified my mplayer.sh to just ignore everything but the last argument. The file should remain as last since that's what mplayer expects.

I tested this plugin again. It worked in that the file played. I couldn't bring up the OSD however, which is probably due to me using VDPAU and support for OSD over VDPAU isn't implimented (yet).

Next, the only remote control button that worked was stop. Fast forward, rewind, skip +, skip -, and pause did not work. I don't know why unless support for this is missing also since they all work fine in the mplayer plugin.

Lastly, when I stopped playback (via pressing stop on the remote), video worked but audio was gone. I couldn't figure out a way to recover it. There's no option to reset audio, tuning different channels didn't bring it back. Playing another file didn't bring it back.

• OSD should work, you have two possibilities. Using the mplayer OSD or the VDR OSD.
    The option -o enables thje VDR OSD, but the replay info is only minimal yet.
    Loudness and VDR menus should work.

For remote keys, you have two possibilities, slave mode or mplayer interprets the key self.
    You can enable with -s the slave mode. but not all keys are implemented yet.
    DVD Menu should work and jumping around in the file.

There are differences if you are using a LIRC or any other input device. LIRC is handles by
    VDR. The input device is handled by my Plugin and converted from X11 events into VDR
    remote events.

When I stop the player, I kill the player, in your case i kill the shell script, the shell script
    should kill the mplayer otherwise it is running in the background until you kill it.

Johns

• OSD should work, you have two possibilities. Using the mplayer OSD or the VDR OSD.
    The option -o enables thje VDR OSD, but the replay info is only minimal yet.
    Loudness and VDR menus should work.

The OSD does not work with or without -o. Again, I'm using VDPAU and I don't know if support for that has been added to your plugin or is needed.

Zitat

For remote keys, you have two possibilities, slave mode or mplayer interprets the key self.
    You can enable with -s the slave mode. but not all keys are implemented yet.
    DVD Menu should work and jumping around in the file.

I got the remote working using -s with the plugin and setting -slave in my script. I did have to do some patching to playcpp, player.c, and player.h to get the functionality I wanted (such as being able to skip tracks when playing a playlist).

Zitat

When I stop the player, I kill the player, in your case i kill the shell script, the shell script
    should kill the mplayer otherwise it is running in the background until you kill it.

I tried trapping signals but that didn't work so. My script never got any signals so I'm not sure how you're killing the process. I added PlayerSendQuit to the kStop keypress in play.cpp and that killed mplayer2 and my script got SIGTERM then.

And, you should add a key to go immediately back to the root dir instead of having to navigate backwards. Or just add the root dir to the top of every dir list.

• The OSD does not work with or without -o. Again, I'm using VDPAU and I don't know if support for that has been added to your plugin or is needed.

The OSD in VDR should always works, when you are using the wrong color-key or mplayer isn't using VDPAU, the video window should disappear
    and only a window with the VDR OSD should appear. (But the replay information aren't implemented yet)

Zitat

I tried trapping signals but that didn't work so. My script never got any signals so I'm not sure how you're killing the process. I added PlayerSendQuit to the kStop keypress in play.cpp and that killed mplayer2 and my script got SIGTERM then.

The SendQuit is ok, but only works with slave player.
    I must look if the correct function is called, but "cMyPlayer::~cMyPlayer" kills the mplayer and waits for its end.

When you have patches send them, I will look if they don't break anything and include them.

Johns

• Hi,
    Ich habs dann auch endlich gebaut bekommen und getestet. Ich hatte isos mit unterstrichen und Bindestrich im Namen. Die mag play nicht... Nach Umbenennung läuft eigentlich alles. In DVD Menüs fehlt hier ab und an mal ein menü-cursor aber das ding rennt schon super! Danke dafür...:thumbup:

Gesendet von meinem BioniQ 700 mit Tapatalk 2

• Bei dem Cursor in den DVD Menus bin ich am kämpfen.
    Sollten eigentlich gehen. Das "-sid 0" ist ja drin.

Für die "-" im Namen sollte dieser Patch helfen:

Johns

• Mal 'ne andere Frage: funktioniert das Play-Plugin auch mit dem Seduatmo-Plugin? Weil das mplayer-Plugin tut das nicht :( .

Grüße,
    j.

HW VDR: Thermaltake DH102 | Gigabyte GA-M720-US3 | AMD 270u | 8GB RAM | 120GB SSD System + 3TB HDD Daten | L4M Cine CT V6 + Flex S2 | Zotac GT630 | Futaba MDM166A | Atric IR-Einschalter Rev. 5 | NEC P553 | SEDU + 96 PIX | Pioneer SC-LX85 | Jamo S606
    SW VDR: Debian Wheezy | Kernel 3.2.0-4-amd64 | Mate 1.6 | VDR 2.2.0 | nVidia 331.79 | LIRC 0.9.0 | media_build_experimental | Plugins: permashift 1.0.3, softhddevice 0.6.1rc1-git, menuorg 0.5.1, skinnopacity 0.1.3, tvscraper 0.2.0-git, seduatmo 0.0.2-git, mplayer 0.10.2-hg, fritzbox 1.5.3, vdradmin-am 3.6.9, femon 1.7.19, targavfd 0.3.0, span 0.0.7, dvd 0.3.6-cvs, graphtftng 0.4.10-git, extrecmenu 1.2.4-git, epgsearch 1.0.1-git, block 0.1.2-git, cpumon 0.0.6a, ac3mode 0.1, HD-- 1.0.0-hg, u. v. a. ...

• Zitat

Mal 'ne andere Frage: funktioniert das Play-Plugin auch mit dem Seduatmo-Plugin? Weil das mplayer-Plugin tut das nicht :( .

Nein. das funktioniert nur wenn die Ausgabe über softhddevice läuft.

VDR 1 (SD) : ASRock A330 GC, 1 GB RAM, TT- FF Karte rev. 2.3, 7'' TFT, Lirc X10 - Selbstbau Gehäuse - Suse 11.3 (64) vdr-1.7.10 diverse Plugins
    VDR 2 (HD) : MSI G41M-P25, 2 GB RAM, E6700 2x3.20GHz, Gainward GT220, 2TB HD, Lirc X10, TT S2-3600 USB, TT S2-1600, - Suse 11.3 (64) NvidiaTreiber 260.19 vdr-1.7.18 - xineliboutplugin 1.0.90 cvs, xine-lib 1.1.90 , s2-liplianin DVB Treiber

• Wäre es denn möglich einen Player in SoftHDDevice zu Integrieren, so wie bei vdr-sxfe?

HW VDR: Thermaltake DH102 | Gigabyte GA-M720-US3 | AMD 270u | 8GB RAM | 120GB SSD System + 3TB HDD Daten | L4M Cine CT V6 + Flex S2 | Zotac GT630 | Futaba MDM166A | Atric IR-Einschalter Rev. 5 | NEC P553 | SEDU + 96 PIX | Pioneer SC-LX85 | Jamo S606
    SW VDR: Debian Wheezy | Kernel 3.2.0-4-amd64 | Mate 1.6 | VDR 2.2.0 | nVidia 331.79 | LIRC 0.9.0 | media_build_experimental | Plugins: permashift 1.0.3, softhddevice 0.6.1rc1-git, menuorg 0.5.1, skinnopacity 0.1.3, tvscraper 0.2.0-git, seduatmo 0.0.2-git, mplayer 0.10.2-hg, fritzbox 1.5.3, vdradmin-am 3.6.9, femon 1.7.19, targavfd 0.3.0, span 0.0.7, dvd 0.3.6-cvs, graphtftng 0.4.10-git, extrecmenu 1.2.4-git, epgsearch 1.0.1-git, block 0.1.2-git, cpumon 0.0.6a, ac3mode 0.1, HD-- 1.0.0-hg, u. v. a. ...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!