Softhddevice + ffmpeg > 3.2 (vdpau)

• I seem to be able to reproduce the problem of channel switching myself, I will watch.

with -DUSE_MPEG_COMPLETE this problem is solved!

VDR 1: Silverstone LC20, Cougar A300/R, Asrock J4105B-ITX, WinTV DualHD, WD10EACS; Atric-IR-Einschalter. SW: Xubuntu 20.04 per SSD. Für den Produktiveinsatz leider nicht zu gebrauchen.
    VDR 2: ACT-620, Asrock B75 Pro3-M, Celeron G540, passive GT1030, Cine CT V6, KNC-One DVB-C, Atric-IR-Einschalter. SW: Xubuntu 20.04 per SSD. Mein zuverlässiges Arbeitspferd.

• Hi,

i'm testing my plugin which creates an OSD using pixmaps.

The code is as follows

Code
    1. osd = cOsdProvider::NewOsd(left, top);
    2. tArea Area = { 0, 0, width, height, 32 };
    3. osd->SetAreas(&Area, 1);
    4. cRect rect(0, 0, width, height);
    5. pixmap = dynamic_cast<cPixmapMemory *>(osd->CreatePixmap(0, rect, rect));

But i get completely different result depending on the variable OPENGLOSD in your plugin. If OPENGLOSD = 1, the value of pixmap is NULL and my plugin crashes. But with OPENGLOSD = 0 everything works as desired.

The code part "osd->CreatePixmap(0, rect, rect)" results in

which seems reasonable.

But then the dynamic_cast results in

which is the cause for the following segfault.

Is this a problem in my plugin or is the cause the returned value from create_pixmap?

After enabling the debug output i get the following entries in syslog (grep for softhddev)

CONFIG += -DDEBUG

CONFIG += -DOSD_DEBUG # enable debug output+functions

with OPENGLOSD = 1

with OPENGLOSD = 0

Edit:

Got it. I have to rewrite the pixmap handling to be more portable accross different versions of softhd* plugins.

• I'm currently testing the latest version with setup nvidia + cuvid driver. everything works like a charm, several problems with pip, etc. i had with softhdcuvid are gone. The only problem i have for now is a jerky playback of 720p channels (above all Phoenix HD and ARTE HD). All others work fine, even UHD channels are ok. I attached a short example clip.

Files

Asus M3N78-EM, AMD Athlon II X2 240e, 4GB DDR21066GeilGreen, Crucial M4 SSD+3TB WD Red, Mystique SaTiX-S2 Dual, Archlinux -> VDR4Arch

"Freunde sind Menschen, die dich mögen obwohl sie dich kennen"

The post was edited 1 time, last by cooljay032 ().

• ooookay great, i will test later and give feedback

Fix confirmed, 720p channels are smooth now :thumbup:Now i will update our Family-VDR with your fork, thanks very much!!

Lars

Asus M3N78-EM, AMD Athlon II X2 240e, 4GB DDR21066GeilGreen, Crucial M4 SSD+3TB WD Red, Mystique SaTiX-S2 Dual, Archlinux -> VDR4Arch

"Freunde sind Menschen, die dich mögen obwohl sie dich kennen"

The post was edited 1 time, last by cooljay032: Fix is ok, playback of 720p channels is smooth now Thank you very much, i love this shdd work and will update family-vdr now. Lars ().