Softhddevice + ffmpeg > 3.2 (vdpau)

• I seem to be able to reproduce the problem of channel switching myself, I will watch.

with -DUSE_MPEG_COMPLETE this problem is solved!

VDR1: ACT-620, Asus P8B75-M LX, Intel Core i3-3240, 4 GB DDR3 RAM 1600 MHz, passive Geforce GT1030 von MSI, Sandisk 2TB SSD, 2xWinTV DualHD, Atric-IR-Einschalter. SW: Xubuntu 20.04 auf 64GB Sandisk SSD.

VDR2: Odroid N2+ mit CoreELEC und Ubuntu in chroot, WinTV DualHD

VDR3: Tanix TX3 mit CoreELEC und Ubuntu in chroot, WinTV DualHD

• Hi,

i'm testing my plugin which creates an OSD using pixmaps.

The code is as follows

Code
    osd = cOsdProvider::NewOsd(left, top);
    tArea Area = { 0, 0, width, height, 32 };
    osd->SetAreas(&Area, 1);

cRect rect(0, 0, width, height);
    pixmap = dynamic_cast<cPixmapMemory *>(osd->CreatePixmap(0, rect, rect));

But i get completely different result depending on the variable OPENGLOSD in your plugin. If OPENGLOSD = 1, the value of pixmap is NULL and my plugin crashes. But with OPENGLOSD = 0 everything works as desired.

The code part "osd->CreatePixmap(0, rect, rect)" results in

which seems reasonable.

But then the dynamic_cast results in

which is the cause for the following segfault.

Is this a problem in my plugin or is the cause the returned value from create_pixmap?

After enabling the debug output i get the following entries in syslog (grep for softhddev)

CONFIG += -DDEBUG

CONFIG += -DOSD_DEBUG # enable debug output+functions

with OPENGLOSD = 1

with OPENGLOSD = 0

Edit:

Got it. I have to rewrite the pixmap handling to be more portable accross different versions of softhd* plugins.

• I'm currently testing the latest version with setup nvidia + cuvid driver. everything works like a charm, several problems with pip, etc. i had with softhdcuvid are gone. The only problem i have for now is a jerky playback of 720p channels (above all Phoenix HD and ARTE HD). All others work fine, even UHD channels are ok. I attached a short example clip.

• ooookay great, i will test later and give feedback

Fix confirmed, 720p channels are smooth now :thumbup:Now i will update our Family-VDR with your fork, thanks very much!!

Lars

Asus H170 PRO GAMING, Intel Core i7-6700T, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 2GB, Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB SSD + 3TB WD Red, Mystique SaTiX-S2 Dual, Archlinux -> VDR4Arch

"Freunde sind Menschen, die dich mögen obwohl sie dich kennen"

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von cooljay032 () aus folgendem Grund: Fix is ok, playback of 720p channels is smooth now Thank you very much, i love this shdd work and will update family-vdr now. Lars

• Nvidia added hevc 10/12 bit to VDPAU

Added HEVC 10/12 bit "decode only" support to the NVIDIA VDPAU driver. Note that VDPAU's presentation pipeline and OpenGL-VDPAU interop does not support 10- and 12-bit video surfaces yet. See the "VDPAU Support" appendix in the README for supported HEVC decoder profiles.

FFMPEG added hevc 10/12 bit to VDPAU

I am waiting for testing the nvidia 450.57 driver in Ubuntu.

• Not related to ubuntu, but to nvidia/ffmpeg

- NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-450.57 - works smoothly

- cuda-11.0 works fine

- FFmpeg-git compiles fine with both

- old softhddevice from rofafor compiles,links,works fine with them

- https://github.com/ua0lnj/vdr-plugin-softhddevice -> compiles && links && segfaults after : 2secs VDR Menu w/o picture, then - boom

• vdr-plugin-softhddevice-cuvid funktioniert hier ebenfalls problemlos mit nvidia-450.

• @wirbel

For ffmpeg from git you need libvdpau-1.4.

With libvdpau-1.3 I have segfault too.

And, old softhddevice from rofafor compiles with new ffmpeg??!

@wmautner

cuvid works fine, but it needs more memory, 2 GB of RAM is a bit for it, but vdpau works fine with 2 GB of RAM.

• libvdpau is 1.4 -> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/vdpau/libvdpau

Yes, compiles w. ffmpeg-git and works fine. Dont know, if i changed something in past.. sometimes i do;

however this one works fine. So ffmpeg and others are all working fine, including VLC.

• diff libvdpau-1.3 -> 1.4 shows, that segfault isn't related to libvdpau at all.

• Four weeks after updating my main VDR with your shdd fork there is currently one problem that disturbs daily usage.

VDR aborts maybe two or three times a day with CUDA_ERROR_OUT_OF_MEMORY errors (debug log: softhddev-CUDA_ERROR_OUT_OF_MEMORY.txt).

My current config:

ffmpeg: 4.3.1

nvidia: 450.57

VDR: 2.4.3

softhddevice: 1.0.0 (cuvid driver)

Lars

Asus H170 PRO GAMING, Intel Core i7-6700T, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 2GB, Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB SSD + 3TB WD Red, Mystique SaTiX-S2 Dual, Archlinux -> VDR4Arch

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von cooljay032 ()

• Die ffmpeg Version ist asbach uralt, ich nutze 4.3

vdr-User-# 755 to_h264 chk_r vdr-transcode github

• Die ffmpeg Version ist asbach uralt, ich nutze 4.3

Copy&Paste Fehler :S 4.3.1 isses

• CUVID requires more RAM than VDPAU.

And it looks like there is a memory leak in Nvidia's driver.

If you have more than 4GB of RAM, you may not notice this issue. If 2 GB, then with frequent channel switching, you will run out of memory. This is wherever CUVID is - softhddevice, softhdcuvid, mpv.

You can just start playing 4k video in mpv with -hwdec cuda, and you will see a constant decrease in free memory.

There is no such problem with VDPAU and VAAPI.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!