Posts by cooljay032

    System currently has 16GB RAM, graphics card 2GB (GTX1050). So i guess you ment GPU memory right?

    then with frequent channel switching, you will run out of memory

    I could reproduce it with a small "power-zapping script", after 80-100 channel switches with softhddevice VDR aborts. But with softhdcuvid it was not reproduceable, VDR survives even the 600 switches of the script.


    btw. mpv shows the above behaviour playing UHD videos.


    I tested plugin with VDPAU but sadly i have problems with laggy playback and desktop (post1319846), thats why i switched to CUVID where i do not have no such problems.

    I'm currently testing the latest version with setup nvidia + cuvid driver. everything works like a charm, several problems with pip, etc. i had with softhdcuvid are gone. The only problem i have for now is a jerky playback of 720p channels (above all Phoenix HD and ARTE HD). All others work fine, even UHD channels are ok. I attached a short example clip.

    Just realized that opengl osd is now supported :)

    So i tested new version but sadly playback is very jerky even in sd channels, same as sc44 already reported here


    log.txt


    Hmmm the whole desktop is laggy during playback...


    Code
    1. PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM ZEIT+ BEFEHL
    2. 43940 vdr 1 0 3560332 266392 97624 S 18,9 1,6 2:28.29 vdr
    3. 1217 root 1 0 238308 93364 64728 S 12,9 0,6 5:17.19 Xorg

    Aaarg, nach dem letzten Arch "distupgrade" meine heute morgen lässt sich das Plugin nicht mehr kompilieren =O Hat jemand n Top in welche Richtung ich forschen muss?


    Lars


    Ich bin nämlich auch gerade dabei, dynamite auf das nächste vdr-Release vorzubereiten

    Nabend,


    ist da mittlerweile was verfügbar. Wollte von 2.4 auf 2.4.1 upgraden aber der "vdr-2.4.0.26-dynamite-beta1.diff" Patch passt nicht mehr.


    LarsS

    Ja hatte auch mit der Version 1.7 Probleme und dann wieder zurückgedreht. Es gibt mittlerweile ja ne neue (1.18) die iss aber noch nicht ins Arch Repo gewandert. Dann könnte ich das nochmal testen...


    P.S.: Jepp nutze Skindesigner

    So bin endlich mal dazu gekommen nen Backtrace zu erstellen, Absturz wie gesagt mit dem neuen X Version 1.20.4.

    Code
    1. Apr 01 20:15:52 vdr vdr[14427]: X Error of failed request: GLXBadContextTag
    2. Apr 01 20:15:52 vdr vdr[14427]: Major opcode of failed request: 150 (GLX)
    3. Apr 01 20:15:52 vdr vdr[14427]: Minor opcode of failed request: 5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
    4. Apr 01 20:15:52 vdr vdr[14427]: Serial number of failed request: 99
    5. Apr 01 20:15:52 vdr vdr[14427]: Current serial number in output stream: 99

    Mich wunderts ja dass sonst keiner sone Probleme hat, hoffe ich bin da kein tragisches Einzelschicksal... :/