Aktuelle Treiber für Octopus(ddbridge), CineS2(ngene/ddbridge), DuoFlex-S2, DuoFlex-CT, CineCT sowie TT S2-6400 (Teil 2)

• What does this mean at the end of installation:

make -C firmware install
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/suheyl/dvb/media_build_experimental/v4l/firmware'
    Installing firmwares at /lib/firmware: vicam/firmware.fw dabusb/firmware.fw cp: cannot stat `dabusb/firmware.fw': No such file or directory
    dabusb/bitstream.bin cp: cannot stat `dabusb/bitstream.bin': No such file or directory

See attachment of installation

• What does this mean at the end of installation:

make -C firmware install
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/suheyl/dvb/media_build_experimental/v4l/firmware'
    Installing firmwares at /lib/firmware: vicam/firmware.fw dabusb/firmware.fw cp: cannot stat `dabusb/firmware.fw': No such file or directory
    dabusb/bitstream.bin cp: cannot stat `dabusb/bitstream.bin': No such file or directory

These firmware files are missing. You can safely ignore this, unless you want to use a 'dabusb' adapter.

The Cine CT does not require any firmware files.

CU
    Oliver

• Thank you Oliver!

I hoped that it would solve it... My colleagues from the UNIX-team are looking into in now. Hope they can fix it.
    Else it must be an compatibility issue in Linux with my hardware... Thank you for your efforts!

Or should I give you my IP so you can try it? :D

• Doofe Frage: Wie beschränke ich die Cine S2 auf nur einen Tuner? Ich hab nur ein Kabel an der Karte und ich vermute das ich deshalb nur einige Programme bekomme (Frontend timed out)....
    Ich hab ne ddbridge.conf mit "options ddbridge adapter_nr=0", schein aber keine Wirkung zu zeigen. Ich hab unter /dev/dvb immer noch 2 Adapter....
    Muss ich den 2ten Tuner überhaupt abdrehen wenn nur ein Kabel dran hängt?

Gruß

Daniel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Vdr: Sempron 140, M3N78-VM, 2GB DDR, 180GB SDD, Silverstone ML01-B-MXR, yaVDR 0.6.1, CineS2 V6.5, Samsung LE42B530

• Du kannst vdr per Option "-D" mitteilen, welche Devices er benutzen soll:
    -D NUM, --device=NUM
    use only the given DVB device (NUM = 0, 1, 2...) there may be several -D options (default: all DVB devices will be used)

• Ich mein halt das ich mal irgendwo mal gelesen hätte das die Cine S2 ein Problem damit hat wenn nicht beide Tuner angeschlossen sind....

Gruß

Daniel
    Vdr: Sempron 140, M3N78-VM, 2GB DDR, 180GB SDD, Silverstone ML01-B-MXR, yaVDR 0.6.1, CineS2 V6.5, Samsung LE42B530

• Ich mein halt das ich mal irgendwo mal gelesen hätte das die Cine S2 ein Problem damit hat wenn nicht beide Tuner angeschlossen sind....

Wo hast du das gelesen? Der VDR hat Probleme wenn nicht alle Tuner angeschlossen sind. Der Karte ist das egal.

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• Ok, dann hab ich mich da getäuscht.
    Ich hab jetzt mal -D 0 in /etc/vdr/vdr.default gesetzt....bringt leider nix.
    Das Erste HD und ARTE HD gehen, der Rest ist tot. Immer nur "frontend 1/0 timed out while tuning to channel 2, tp 111836"...

Dachte mit der Cine hätte ich jetzt meine Ruhe....

Gruß

Daniel

• Ich hab jetzt mal -D 0 in /etc/vdr/vdr.default gesetzt....bringt leider nix.

Wenn du das dynamite-Plugin aktiv hast, musst du dich halt an dessen README halten. -D0 greift nur ohne das Plugin.

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

• Dachte mit der Cine hätte ich jetzt meine Ruhe....

Klar, klasse Karte. Einfach alle Kabel anschließen.

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• Stimmt, dynamite gibts ja auch noch....werd ich mich mal damit auseinandersetzen....

Gruß

Daniel

• @ UFO:
    ist eine Integration der Treiber in linuxtv bzw. den Kernel eigentlich noch in Arbeit, bzw. wo liegen die Probleme?

Oliver,

What is the status of the ddbridge driver at this moment? I know Ralph Metzler is working on the driver (dd employee) but he does not wish to merge his driver with mainline.I think he's upto verison 0.8 or 0.9 now, the kernel version is stuck at 0.5. I saw your repostiory: http://linuxtv.org/hg/~endriss/ngene-octopus-test with the latest commit 4 months ago.

I can help I suppose by taking your repostitory, extract the patches since your fork and backport them to mainline, unless you prefer to do it yourself of course ;)

• What is the status of the ddbridge driver at this moment? I know Ralph Metzler is working on the driver (dd employee) but he does not wish to merge his driver with mainline.I think he's upto verison 0.8 or 0.9 now, the kernel version is stuck at 0.5. I saw your repostiory: http://linuxtv.org/hg/~endriss/ngene-octopus-test with the latest commit 4 months ago.

I can help I suppose by taking your repostitory, extract the patches since your fork and backport them to mainline, unless you prefer to do it yourself of course ;)

As I stated several times before, I will not submit drivers to linuxtv anymore. I am deeply disappointed. The maintainers tossed all good principles of linux dvb driver development. They break userspace by changing ABIs/APIs at will. I am tired fighting that.

I maintain the drivers, which I care about, in media_build_experimental. Currently I am working on ddbridge 0.9.8 integration, but this needs some more time - and we have nice weather here atm. ;D

Anyway, the code is GPL. If you want to submit a driver, you can do so. But do not expect that I will maintain the submitted driver in any way!

CU
    Oliver

• I can understand, alright, I'll keep tracking your progress and check this forum for when you are done with 0.9.8. If you don't mind, I will take your code/patches and integrate them into linux-media as best as I can.

Oliver

P.S. Lucky you, here in NL the wether is not so nice. Though next week it should be better.

• I can understand, alright, I'll keep tracking your progress and check this forum for when you are done with 0.9.8. If you don't mind, I will take your code/patches and integrate them into linux-media as best as I can.

I worked some months ago on the CI issue. Due to a physical problem, I had to stop this for undefined time.
    I got the driver 0.9.x from Ralph and checked the differences in the part which I was interested in. I found a lot of changes and at the end most of it was formatting. Ralph answered, that he didn't took Olivers driver (who had already made the Linux code style changes in version 0.8 ) to start with the modifications for 0.9.x, but instead he used his original 0.8 version.
    So he ignore Olivers work and Oliver or I or someone else need to do the work again!

As long as Ralph, who got the technical description from DD for the chips and the FPGA on the cards, does not use the work from others to continue his updates, this is a waste of time!
    I don't know, if Ralph is willing to change his development to the code base of Oliver and I don't know how long Oliver is willing to do any time the same changes ... .
    And if you could merge Olivers version to the Kernel tree, then Oliver would need get it back and then Ralph and ... .
    It is a mess, frustrating and ... .

I am not sure, if the situation is still the same. Maybe Oliver and Ralph does now share the code.
    If they share the code, then there would be still changes between the Oliver/Ralph version and the mainline, because Oliver and Ralph are not willing to deal with the current head maintainer Mauro. I read some posts about this issue from Ralph and from Oliver (again just some posts, ago). And I can understand the reasons. They are technical and maybe personal, too.

The real pity is, that Oliver and Ralph are experienced developers and that the cards from DD are excellent good cards. This is real quality, made in Germany. They are very good HW engineers, but if the mainstream SW doesn't use them with a recent driver, there could start rumours the cards are not supported by Linux, which is definite not true.

BR,
    Jasmin

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jasminj ()

• I feel it is extremely important to have the driver mainlined. I understand that some maintainers can be extremly hard to deal with, but having 3 drivers is horrible. We have the 'Ralph' version, that nobody uses? But is the most accurate in hardware support since Ralph as far as I understand it works with/for DD.

Then we have the 'Oliver' version (not me) that tries to bring the Ralph version closer to mainline, but not entirly. And then we have the mainline version, that's pretty out dated, but probably used the most who are unaware of the other two drivers.

Hardware wise they look very decent and should work extremely well.

So once 0.9.8 is done being ported to oliver's tree, I'll take the code and port it over to mainline, which looks like quite the task, but we'll see. Frustrating for everybody, but I guess mostly the users :(

Oliver

• I don't want to seem mean, but I hope for very bad weather :D ... your work will for sure be apreciated by those
    knowing about the different development lines, and would be without knowing by all the others, too.

BR, Karlson.

• I don't want to seem mean, but I hope for very bad weather :D ... your work will for sure be apreciated by those
    knowing about the different development lines, and would be without knowing by all the others, too.

BR, Karlson.

Hah, but you need very bad weather in Germany first so that Oliver can finish porting 0.9.8 ;)

And then you need much bad weather here, I'll have to read up on a lot to get up to speed ;) But we will see ;)

• Endlich Besitzer einer
    vdr:~# lspci -v -s 03:00.0
    03:00.0 Multimedia controller: Digital Devices GmbH Octopus DVB Adapter
    Subsystem: Digital Devices GmbH Cine S2 V6.5 DVB adapter
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 19
    Memory at f7ef0000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
    Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 3
    Capabilities: [70] MSI: Enable- Count=1/2 Maskable- 64bit+
    Capabilities: [90] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
    Capabilities: [100] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0000 Rev=0 Len=00c <?>
    Kernel driver in use: DDBridge

Aktuellen kernel:
    uname -a
    Linux vdr 3.10.0 #2 SMP Fri Jul 12 23:36:26 CEST 2013 x86_64 GNU/Linux

syslog:

Code
    [    5.814977] Digital Devices PCIE bridge driver, Copyright (C) 2010-11 Digital Devices GmbH
    [    5.815086] DDBridge driver detected: Digital Devices PCIe bridge
    [    5.815149] HW 0001000d FW 00010004
    [    5.817005] [drm] radeon kernel modesetting enabled.

Hmm ok. Gelesen alles alt,dicker Krach, kein Support, also mal rumprobieren.
    Installationsanleitung von UFO erste Seite. Bis make gekommen dann:

Jetz steht er da und sieht nur Bäume ;)

/EDIT
    Einfach in make menuconfig die anderen Treiber deaktivieren und nur meinen Treiber auswählen.
    Dann klappts auch mit dem compilieren ;) Sehen wir mal weiter...

Leider nicht weiter gekommen. Nach Treiber laden kommt nur folgendes in syslog:

Code
    [   16.241749] Digital Devices PCIE bridge driver, Copyright (C) 2010-11 Digital Devices GmbH
    [   16.241869] DDBridge driver detected: Digital Devices PCIe bridge
    [   16.241878] HW 0001000d FW 00010004

Tja.. Firmwareupdate von der Herstellerseite wird ja wohl nicht benötigt oder?

Man sollte auch die original module vom kernel aus dem Weg räumen.
    Umbenennen des Verziechnisses hilft da nich.
    Also komplett verschoben und nochmal ein depmod -a drüber.
    modprobe ddbridge bringt dann auch

Schaun mir mal weiter ;)

/EDIT

Gruss,

Jörg

debian 6.0.7 64-bit, kernel 3.10.0, 2xBudget-CI,Cine S2 V6.5,vdr (2.0.2/2.0.0), vdr-sxfe,remote-plugin + EPSON EH-TW4400 HD Beamer :)

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von jackfritt ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!