Aktuelle Treiber für Octopus(ddbridge), CineS2(ngene/ddbridge), DuoFlex-S2, DuoFlex-CT, CineCT sowie TT S2-6400 (Teil 2)

• Hallo Lars

Kernel is 3.13.0-35-generic.
    Kernel sourcen hab ich installiert, aber nichts weiter getan. Ich meine mich erinnern zu können dass ich die irgendwie in in /usr/src nach linux verlinken muss? bin mir aber nicht sicher und habe im moment keinen Zugriff auf mein System oder irgendein anderes Linux womit ich die Pfade verifizieren könnte.

Habe gerade eine mail von digital-devices bekommen. angeblich ist die ddbridge mittlerweile im stable Branch von v4l angekommen. Werde dieses mal versuchen

• Hi,

Falls jemand Probleme mit MSI haben sollte, möge er ddbridge mit msi=0 laden.
    (Und natürlich Motherboard-Typ und Chipsatz melden.)

Ohne msi=0 bekomme ich viel Fehler Meldungen wie diese:

Zitat

Oct 3 10:47:00 miepie kernel: [ 92.603135] ddbridge 0000:05:00.0: DDBridge IRS 00000000
    Oct 3 10:47:00 miepie kernel: [ 92.603189] drxk: i2c read error at addr 0x2a
    Oct 3 10:47:00 miepie kernel: [ 92.603234] drxk: Error -5 on scu_command
    Oct 3 10:47:00 miepie kernel: [ 92.603276] drxk: GetQAMLockStatus status = fffffffb
    Oct 3 10:47:00 miepie kernel: [ 92.603325] drxk: Error -5 on GetLockStatus

Oft arbeitet den nur noch ein von meine vier Tuner. Mit msi=0 lauft alles gut und stabil.

System information:

Base Board Information
    Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    Product Name: Z87X-UD5H-CF
    (Intel Z87 Express Chipset)

PCI chipset met ddbridge:
    Vendor: Intel Corporation
    Device: 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #4

dank!

Winfried

• Welchen kernel hast du im Einsatz?
    Bei mir gibt es mit 3.14.12 keine Probleme mit MSIs. Habe aber ein Gigabyte Board mit H77 Chipset.

Gruss
    tec

• Excuse my English. My German is not very good and this is the only place I found with very recent activity around the ddbridge module for linux...
    I tried to compile media_build_experimental against vanilla 3.17.0 this morning and it failed.
    I renamed media_build_experimental to media_build_experimental-3.17 because I didn't want to break my working tree.

• Excuse my English. My German is not very good and this is the only place I found with very recent activity around the ddbridge module for linux...
    I tried to compile media_build_experimental against vanilla 3.17.0 this morning and it failed.
    I renamed media_build_experimental to media_build_experimental-3.17 because I didn't want to break my working tree.

ATM, the media_build_experimental repository does not compile with kernel 3.16 and later.
    I will fix it, when I find the time to do so (end of october?). Sorry.

CU
    Oliver

• No problem, the system perfoms quite well against the default ubuntu 14.04 kernel now. I was just looking into completely home built solution. Is there any chance the cine c2/t2 v7 (0006) will ever be supported in the mainline kernel?

• With this patch/workaround it is running here on 3.16.3, maybe with 3.17, too.

- Client1: Thermaltake DH 102 mit 7" TouchTFT * Debian Stretch/vdr-2.4.0/graphtft/MainMenuHooks-Patch * Zotac H55-ITX WiFi * Core i3 540 * 4GB RAM ** Zotac GT630 * 1 TB System HDD * 4 GB RAM * Harmony 900 * satip-Plugin

- Client2: Alfawise H96 Pro Plus * KODI
    - Server: Intel Pentium G3220 * DH87RL * 16GB RAM * 4x4TB 3.5" WD RED + 1x500GB 2.5" * satip-Plugin
    - SAT>IP: Inverto iLNB

• Vielleicht gehts damit ... ?

• I installed the latest version using dkms but then my webcam stops working. When I plug it in it looks like it still references to different driver versions:

Code
    [    3.043224] videodev: Unknown symbol media_entity_put (err 0)
    [    3.043241] videodev: Unknown symbol media_entity_remove_links (err 0)
    [    3.043256] videodev: Unknown symbol media_device_register_entity (err 0)
    [    3.043287] videodev: Unknown symbol media_entity_get (err 0)
    [    3.043293] videodev: Unknown symbol media_device_unregister_entity (err 0)

Anyone knows how to fix this?

• Anyone knows how to fix this?

Webcam drivers are not build by the dkms. Some of them made problems in the past and nobody of us needs them.

To fix it rebuild the sources of the dkms package with the needed drivers in the .config activated and add these drivers to the dkms.conf.
    If you got it working, you can send patches.

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• Webcam drivers are not build by the dkms. Some of them made problems in the past and nobody of us needs them.

To fix it rebuild the sources of the dkms package with the needed drivers in the .config activated and add these drivers to the dkms.conf.
    If you got it working, you can send patches.

Gerald

thx. Will take a look but sounds complex, probably have to do without cam then. Regarding patches, the one below does not yet seem to be included but is readily available for quite some time now and would save some manual patching ;-).

Please include the mutex patch

• I have seen this patch before and it is ugly. If this patch really is necessary, then there is something wrong in another place and has to be fixed there. Anyway, I don't accept patches to the driver itself, only to the package. This kind of patches have to be implemented by the driver developers.

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• I have seen this patch before and it is ugly. If this patch really is necessary, then there is something wrong in another place and has to be fixed there. Anyway, I don't accept patches to the driver itself, only to the package. This kind of patches have to be implemented by the driver developers.

I am no programmer so if you say it is ugly it probably is ;-). If someone has a better way to do it that's even better of course. I think that it is required to be able to create a virtual/loopback device that otherwise get blocked because of the lock. Since the patch is already there since the 2.X kernel if someone can create a solution that is not ugly and can be integrated that be awesome.

thx

• mrvanes

Your problem is related to this commit: https://git.kernel.org/cgit/li…9c32b5ae3313a3801cb66adf9
    Try replacing all occurrences of 0666 with 0664 in ddbridge-core.c:

Code
    sed -i 's/0666/0664/' drivers/media/pci/ddbridge/ddbridge-core.c

EDIT: This way it compiles just fine for me, no idea if it actually works though.

• Hi UFO.

Könnte dieses Problem ein Treiber Bug sein?

Gruß Patrick

Gruß Patrick

[size=8]* Meine NeverEndingProjects ;) *

vectra --- glasslike ---

• Bitteschön ;)

Gruß
    MegaX

Hi,
    habe gerade diesen Patch hier für den neuen Linux Kernel 3,16 gesehen. Habe eine S2-6400 und bin beim compilie auch auf den Fehler gestoßen.
    Bin ein wenig unerfahren in Patch einspielen. Die Datei habe ich gefunden, nur wie lautet der Befehl zum einpielen des Patches.
    Vielen Dank für Nachsicht ;)
    lg Martin

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!