Beiträge von dvbdvb

I have seen this patch before and it is ugly. If this patch really is necessary, then there is something wrong in another place and has to be fixed there. Anyway, I don't accept patches to the driver itself, only to the package. This kind of patches have to be implemented by the driver developers.

I am no programmer so if you say it is ugly it probably is ;-). If someone has a better way to do it that's even better of course. I think that it is required to be able to create a virtual/loopback device that otherwise get blocked because of the lock. Since the patch is already there since the 2.X kernel if someone can create a solution that is not ugly and can be integrated that be awesome.

thx

Webcam drivers are not build by the dkms. Some of them made problems in the past and nobody of us needs them.

To fix it rebuild the sources of the dkms package with the needed drivers in the .config activated and add these drivers to the dkms.conf.
    If you got it working, you can send patches.

Gerald

thx. Will take a look but sounds complex, probably have to do without cam then. Regarding patches, the one below does not yet seem to be included but is readily available for quite some time now and would save some manual patching ;-).

Please include the mutex patch

I installed the latest version using dkms but then my webcam stops working. When I plug it in it looks like it still references to different driver versions:

Code
    [    3.043224] videodev: Unknown symbol media_entity_put (err 0)
    [    3.043241] videodev: Unknown symbol media_entity_remove_links (err 0)
    [    3.043256] videodev: Unknown symbol media_device_register_entity (err 0)
    [    3.043287] videodev: Unknown symbol media_entity_get (err 0)
    [    3.043293] videodev: Unknown symbol media_device_unregister_entity (err 0)

Anyone knows how to fix this?

From my point of view this is not missleading, because the hardware is possible to work in EN50494 layouts, which is btw. just a sibling of DiSEqC 1.0.

You don't think this is misleading?
    Drivers: Linux kernel 2.6.xx current ® Open Source
    Signed Drivers for Windows Vista ® 32-bit / 64-bit
    Signed drivers for Windows 7 ® 32-bit / 64-bit - Windows 7 Media Center compatible
    Signed drivers for Windows 8 ® 32-bit / 64-bit - Windows 8 Media Center compatible
    Drivers for Microsoft ® Windows ® XP with Service Pack 2

One Cable Solution at EN50494 (UniCable®) - support driver side.
    The TV Software must have no UniCable® Support.

Well. to me it was. I upgraded my whole setup for hundreds of euro's which is now pretty much useless. The _least_ they can do is mention there that on linux the software does require support.

that is the windows driver. You need to configure your vdr by adapting the diseq.conf and scr.onf.

In that case it's pretty misleading of Digital Devices to put it on their site that way.

Can it be integrated into the linux driver also and would it be much work? (I doubt that the version of VDR on the latest version of the OS I am using does have support and neither does MythTV or mumudvb).

Maybe, but it is not allowed to discuss this here.

I didn't want to reply on the main forum but since you have pm set to only friends and my friend request failed... The reason I wanted to reply in person was that its not clear to me atm what is allowed and what not. I thought that a patch of 2 lines which enables a loopback interface is of no harm at all and does not violate any laws? I can imagine that some of the software that uses it does but if you going to take that into account there is not a single line of code left to write anymore ;-). Actually I think that including it in the main version it will make sure that less people start asking those kind of questions in the forums because there will be no issues in the drivers anymore but only in the software doing illegal stuff. To me it seems a waste of resources to deny 2 lines of code and force people to download and compile the stuff. It is easily done but takes up unnecessarily bandwidth on the repository server and wastes electricity... I thought Germany was so green ;-).

I cannot seem to find the forum rules. Could you point me towards them?

thx a lot.
    dvbdvb

It is not allowed to discuss this here.

Gerald

Gerald,

I don't understand. You quote the part of my message that is the least intrusive. This patch is just to enable a loopback device. Here in the Netherlands I need it to be able to watch the Pubic channels. There is no harm in that I suppose? Otherwise where is the correct location to ask?

thx

dvbdvb

Typically, this due to incompatible/old/other modules still being in in your /lib/modules directories. Make sure you don't have duplicate modules in this directory. For example when I do a "make install" some modules are put into /lib/modules//kernel/drivers/linux/drivers, and I manually have to move such modules to /lib/modules//kernel/drivers.

I moved the modules as you suggested. As you can see above the cxd2099.ko was one of them:
    ./kernel/drivers/linux/drivers/staging/media/cxd2099/cxd2099.ko
    So now I get the stack trace by default and it is unfortunately not yet solved :(

did you unload all previous versions of all dvb modules before loading the new ones?
    Does this also happen after rebooting the machine?

I started doing it manually because a reboot did not work. Do I need to remove more modules beside the cxd2099? On a reboot I get the symbol warning:

removing the cxd299 and adding the other one:

Code
    dcerouter_1034733:~# rmmod cxd2099
    dcerouter_1034733:/lib/modules/3.8.4-030804-generic# insmod ./kernel/drivers/linux/drivers/staging/media/cxd2099/cxd2099.ko
    dcerouter_1034733:/lib/modules/3.8.4-030804-generic# insmod ./kernel/drivers/media/pci/ddbridge/ddbridge.ko
    Killed
    dcerouter_1034733:/lib/modules/3.8.4-030804-generic#

then the dmesg output:

I am trying to run on Kubuntu 10.04 with the latest 3.8.4 mainline kernel.

After compiling according to the first post and moving the media dir the install gave me in /lib/modules/3.8.4-030804-generic

the following files:

Code
    ./kernel/drivers/staging/media/cxd2099/cxd2099.ko
     ./kernel/drivers/linux/drivers/staging/media/cxd2099/cxd2099.ko
     ./kernel/drivers/media/pci/ddbridge/ddbridge.ko

When I try the first one:

Code
    insmod ./kernel/drivers/staging/media/cxd2099/cxd2099.ko
    insmod ./kernel/drivers/media/pci/ddbridge/ddbridge.ko
    ddbridge: disagrees about version of symbol cxd2099_attach

the second one

any suggestions are welcome