softhddevice - Software VDPAU/VA-API/CPU Decoder und Ausgabe Plugin

• ffmpeg will libpng, also kommt es daher, aber es wird nicht verwendet. Wenn alleine das Linken schon ein Problem darstellt. Solltest du vdr und alle Plugins dann mit -fno-omit-frame-pointer bauen.

Alles ist gut. Lass uns da kein Problem draus machen. Erstens hat es nie gestört, weil es erst beim delete plugin passierte, und zweitens wird sich das mit der nächsten libpng- (ffmpeg-, irgendwaslib-) Version in Portage eh wieder ändern - ich wollte es nur erwähnt haben, was ich gemacht habe; vieleicht hilft es irgendwem. Es ging nicht an Deine Adresse in dem Sinne, dass ich das Makefile im git geändert haben wollte.

Also mich nervt hier, daß er sich dies immer merkt. Aber ich merke mir garnichts, ich spiele einfach ab, was mir der VDR schickt.
    Bei den Öffentlichrechtlichen merkt er sich ob ich Dolby oder normales Stereo hatte.

Ah. ok. Das ist spannend. Habs gerade bei ZDF HD getestet - stimmt. Vieleicht habe ich mich auch falsch erinnert, und xine hat sich das auch nur auf den Öffentlich Rechtlichen gemerkt.

Gruß, Ingo

• Seems to be in some loop here and jumps over 80ms, the plugin dropping is 40ms and speed up only 20ms.
    Your jumps are 80ms.
    You change the audio/video limits, by editing the source of video.c.
    Changing the "45 * 90" (twice in the file) to "65 * 90" should reduce this drop / dup cycle.

And check your display if you really have 50hz and the station is 50hz.

Johns

Sag mir, wo die Developer sind. Wo sind sie geblieben? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . SoftHdDevice - A software and GPU emulated HD output device plugin.
    Sag mir, wo die Developer sind. Was ist geschehn?

Client0: Crown CW02 MSI_C847MS-E33 Zotac_GT640_passiv Cine-S2 iMon-MCE / streamdev softhddevice
    Client1: Lian_Li_PC-Q09FB ASRock_H67M-ITX/HT I3-2100 ASUS_ENGT520_passiv / streamdev softhddevice
    Test: Lian_Li_PC-Q09R Asus C60M1-I / streamdev
    Server0: Dockstar TT-S2-3600-USB / streamdev
    Server2: Lian_Li_PC-Q07R Intel_DH61DL G620 WD20EARX 90W PicoPSU Cine-S2+DuoFlex-S2+DuoFlex-CT / streamdev / 22 Watt Verbrauch

• Seems to be in some loop here and jumps over 80ms, the plugin dropping is 40ms and speed up only 20ms.
    Your jumps are 80ms.
    You change the audio/video limits, by editing the source of video.c.
    Changing the "45 * 90" (twice in the file) to "65 * 90" should reduce this drop / dup cycle.

I increased the limits as you suggested and here is the log (still issues):

I then increased them to 85*90, and then the problem is happening less, but still there.

And check your display if you really have 50hz and the station is 50hz.

The X-server is 50Hz (TV confirms), but VDR FEMON reports the SD channels to be 25Hz.
    Is this the problem? Suggestions as to how to resolve it? I assume there is something fundamentally wrong here since I had to double the limits.
    xineliboutput is fine on SD, but is giving me artifacts on HD. softhddevice works much better for me.

• I am now running the following patch, but then occasionally see "speeding up video" in the log. But it works pretty good.

(I changed the debug slightly to more easilly see what was happening where)

Log:

• I then increased them to 85*90, and then the problem is happening less, but still there.

The X-server is 50Hz (TV confirms), but VDR FEMON reports the SD channels to be 25Hz.
    Is this the problem? Suggestions as to how to resolve it? I assume there is something fundamentally wrong here since I had to double the limits.
    xineliboutput is fine on SD, but is giving me artifacts on HD. softhddevice works much better for me.

The 25Hz is ok, Interlaced channels are 25Hz, the missing frames are generated by the plugin.

There is something wrong, with the bigger limits, you loose the lip-sync.

Some speedup or slowdown after a channel switch are normal, but after 1min this should stop.

Your video hardware is fine, if it would be too slow, there would be messages about this.
    The video is synced to the audio, to check this is the cause use -a xx as plugin commandline option.
    Without valid sound device, there will be no video/audio sync.
    There is only some initial slow down, to have some buffered video.

If you record the station, has it the same problem?

Is the station on astra 19.2E?
    Have others the same problem? If not can you upload or pm me some 3min sample?

Johns

Sag mir, wo die Developer sind. Wo sind sie geblieben? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . SoftHdDevice - A software and GPU emulated HD output device plugin.

Client0: Crown CW02 MSI_C847MS-E33 Zotac_GT640_passiv Cine-S2 iMon-MCE / streamdev softhddevice
    Client1: Lian_Li_PC-Q09FB ASRock_H67M-ITX/HT I3-2100 ASUS_ENGT520_passiv / streamdev softhddevice
    Server2: Lian_Li_PC-Q07R Intel_DH61DL G620 WD20EARX 90W PicoPSU Cine-S2+DuoFlex-S2+DuoFlex-CT / streamdev / 22 Watt Verbrauch

• Your video hardware is fine, if it would be too slow, there would be messages about this.
    The video is synced to the audio, to check this is the cause use -a xx as plugin commandline option.
    Without valid sound device, there will be no video/audio sync.
    There is only some initial slow down, to have some buffered video.

I use alsa, and found the following:

• -a hw:0,0 - works fine
    • -a default - gives problem

I tried the default in ALSA with and without dmix, no difference.
    I need to release the ALSA device from VDR when frontend is not in use, though so I need to find a different workaround for that.
    (I reverted back to the original settings for video.c before testing)

If you record the station, has it the same problem?

Yes, exactly the same it seems.

Is the station on astra 19.2E?
    Have others the same problem? If not can you upload or pm me some 3min sample?

This is DVB-C so I will have to provide you a sample if you still want it after the ALSA-changes.

• with '-a hw:0,0' it is certainly a lot better, but i eventually got this:

• I will try to change the video dropping, perhaps it will work better.

Johns

• Another thing, the dvb subtitles are badly scaled for me. They are small and very narrow. They are readable, just a strain on the eye.
    Any thoughts?
    And again, thanks for the effort. Wish I was more proficient in coding other things than Perl so I could help provide patches, but I'm not afraid to poke around given some pointers. Reading code from scratch is not my strongest side.

• Another thing, the dvb subtitles are badly scaled for me. They are small and very narrow. They are readable, just a strain on the eye.
    Any thoughts?
    And again, thanks for the effort. Wish I was more proficient in coding other things than Perl so I could help provide patches, but I'm not afraid to poke around given some pointers. Reading code from scratch is not my strongest side.

The plugin didn't draw the subtitles, it displays the bitmaps.
    Are you using dvb-subtitles or ttxtsubs?

Johns

• Hi johns,
    Ich habe nun länger getestet - Audio habe ich nun nicht mehr via HDMI, es läuft nun über die 5.1 Soundkarte, einfach besserer Sound :]
    Das Plugins läuft insgesamt schon gut, auch keine Soundprobleme.

Was immer noch bleibt sind die "vdpau: decoder render too slow" im Log.
    Dies ist ein Log mit diesem Eintrag, mit einem sichtbarem Ruckler im TV auf HD+ (die meisten "vdpau: decoder render too slow" sieht man nicht im TV)

So gebaut:

Eine GT430 sollte ausreichen ;D

VDR 1 (SD) : ASRock A330 GC, 1 GB RAM, TT- FF Karte rev. 2.3, 7'' TFT, Lirc X10 - Selbstbau Gehäuse - Suse 11.3 (64) vdr-1.7.10 diverse Plugins
    VDR 2 (HD) : MSI G41M-P25, 2 GB RAM, E6700 2x3.20GHz, Gainward GT220, 2TB HD, Lirc X10, TT S2-3600 USB, TT S2-1600, - Suse 11.3 (64) NvidiaTreiber 260.19 vdr-1.7.18 - xineliboutplugin 1.0.90 cvs, xine-lib 1.1.90 , s2-liplianin DVB Treiber

• Merkwürdig, dass bei 171 bzw. 172 ms nicht abgepuffert werden.
    Vdpau hat 22 bis 30 Puffer, das Plugin sogar mehr. Müßte doch eigentlich reichen.

• Merkwürdig, dass bei 171 bzw. 172 ms nicht abgepuffert werden.
    Vdpau hat 22 bis 30 Puffer, das Plugin sogar mehr. Müßte doch eigentlich reichen.

Intern puffert VDPAU nur ein paar Frames, den Rest muß die Anwendung machen.
    Und dies ist schon beim Dekoder, beim Dekoder habe ich nur 1 - 3 Frames gepuffert.
    Da kein Video Fehler gemeldet wurde, kann noch die Videopakete durch das CAM beschädigt sein.

Ansonsten gabs noch den Trick, das Energiemanagement der NVidiakarten auf Perfomance stellen.

Johns

• @Rucklerfraktion ;D

Könntet Ihr mal bitte diese nVidia 275.09.07-Version ausprobieren? Würde mich mal interessieren ob es dann besser ist.

Grüße

NFS+DVB_Server: Ubuntu 12.04 Server LTS // Intel dn2800mt mit 1xWD Red (2TB), 1xWD Green (2TB), 5xSundtek SkyTV DVB-S/S2
    VDR: Gen2VDRV4 (VDR-2.1.6) // Asus C8HM70-I/HDMI , 64GB Sandisk SSD (System), 4GB Ram (Dualchannel), Zotac GT630, 4TB über NFS (Video0+Mediadaten), 5xSundtek SkyTV DVB-S/S2 über Lan, PS3 FB // softhddevice_GIT, NV-Treiber_340.58, FFMPEG_1.2.6, Kernel_3.16.5, Alsa_1.0.28 // KODI_15.0_ALPHA
    CLIENT: (Debian) Banana Pi (VDR-2.1.7) // streamdevclient // softhddevice // PS3 FB
    TEST: Grundig GSS 400 mit Vtunerc // Satip-Plugin // TVheadend

Je mehr man gelernt hat, desto mehr weiß man, wie wenig man weiß.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!