Beiträge von tyldis

Another thing, the dvb subtitles are badly scaled for me. They are small and very narrow. They are readable, just a strain on the eye.
    Any thoughts?
    And again, thanks for the effort. Wish I was more proficient in coding other things than Perl so I could help provide patches, but I'm not afraid to poke around given some pointers. Reading code from scratch is not my strongest side.

with '-a hw:0,0' it is certainly a lot better, but i eventually got this:

Your video hardware is fine, if it would be too slow, there would be messages about this.
    The video is synced to the audio, to check this is the cause use -a xx as plugin commandline option.
    Without valid sound device, there will be no video/audio sync.
    There is only some initial slow down, to have some buffered video.

I use alsa, and found the following:

• -a hw:0,0 - works fine
    • -a default - gives problem

I tried the default in ALSA with and without dmix, no difference.
    I need to release the ALSA device from VDR when frontend is not in use, though so I need to find a different workaround for that.
    (I reverted back to the original settings for video.c before testing)

If you record the station, has it the same problem?

Yes, exactly the same it seems.

Is the station on astra 19.2E?
    Have others the same problem? If not can you upload or pm me some 3min sample?

This is DVB-C so I will have to provide you a sample if you still want it after the ALSA-changes.

I am now running the following patch, but then occasionally see "speeding up video" in the log. But it works pretty good.

(I changed the debug slightly to more easilly see what was happening where)

Log:

Seems to be in some loop here and jumps over 80ms, the plugin dropping is 40ms and speed up only 20ms.
    Your jumps are 80ms.
    You change the audio/video limits, by editing the source of video.c.
    Changing the "45 * 90" (twice in the file) to "65 * 90" should reduce this drop / dup cycle.

I increased the limits as you suggested and here is the log (still issues):

I then increased them to 85*90, and then the problem is happening less, but still there.

And check your display if you really have 50hz and the station is 50hz.

The X-server is 50Hz (TV confirms), but VDR FEMON reports the SD channels to be 25Hz.
    Is this the problem? Suggestions as to how to resolve it? I assume there is something fundamentally wrong here since I had to double the limits.
    xineliboutput is fine on SD, but is giving me artifacts on HD. softhddevice works much better for me.

I struggle with only one thing: SD playback.
    HD is fine.

SD streams:
    MPEG-2, 720x576@25Hz

HD streams:
    H.264, 1280x720@50Hz
    H.264, 1920x1280

X-server is 1280x720@100Hz, and I use VDR 1.2.21, and softhddevice (0.5.0-GIT7b570c5).

HW: nVidia Corporation GT215 [GeForce GT 240] (rev a2)

Edit: I have tried with and without:
    CONFIG += -DUSE_AUDIO_DRIFT_CORRECTION # build new audio drift code
    CONFIG += -DUSE_AC3_DRIFT_CORRECTION # build new ac-3 drift code

I am having trouble with image corruption/glitches where at random intervals vdr-sxfe merges in an old frame into the picture. Usually the image shifts back to the image that was present about 5 seconds earlier. Sound usually is not affected, but subtitles are sometimes affected (disappear for a few seconds).

I am unable to find any errors in the logs that relate (none from VDR and none from vdr-sxfe).

VDR Version: 1.7.17-4yavdr1~lucid

Hardware:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz
    Video: GeForce GT 240
    Tuners: 3xMantis

I have tried playing around with xinelib settings to reduce load on the card, but no luck. I am trying to figure out if going QuadCore would help or more powerful graphics.
    VDR and VDR-SXFE is on the same physical HTPC, load average: 0,01, 0,05, 0,05 with little or no swap usage.

While investigating why I often get "ERROR: /dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0: Device or resource busy" when trying to record I found that the problem was using XBMC through externalplayer.
    Digging a bit further I found this:
    http://www.freak-search.com/de…tance_of_file_descriptors

and subsequently found that externalplayer uses execle instead of the SystemExec call.

The following rough patch fixes this issue. Posted here due to my account with the bugtracker is still pending admin approval.

For no apparent reason I am now getting the channel list whenever I hit the remote key for the EPG. Any insights?

My remote.conf:

LIRC.Info Guide
    LIRC.Schedule More

I have verified with IRW that the correct keypresses are registered by LIRC. However, when I press the 'Guide'-button I get the Channels-listing not the EPG. Pressing the 'More' button on the remote gives me the menu...
    It used to work for Guide, not sure what changed today...