[ANNOUNCE] Extended EPG Plugin 0.0.2

• Zitat

Originally posted by newsy
    with these changes I get all special characters on Digital+

BTW couldn't we include Viasat EPG into eepg plugin?

Here's a VDR patch, seems it's exactly like dvb epg but on different pids.
    http://linuxdvb.org.ru/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=1005

I will try your patch, however decodeTextMHW is not necessary, since there already exists decodeText2 inside eepg, it is just not used on the right places. This method also requires VDR_CHARSET_OVERRIDE but it is already used in VDR and by you.

It's a good idea to include Viasat, so let's try

• I tried to use decodeText2 but because it's a member function of cEIT2 it would be necessary to create an instance of cEIT2 to be able to get access from outside. Perhaps decodeText2 shouldn't be a member function at all

• Zitat

Originally posted by newsy
    I tried to use decodeText2 but because it's a member function of cEIT2 it would be necessary to create an instance of cEIT2 to be able to get access from outside. Perhaps decodeText2 shouldn't be a member function at all

As I understand it is a member function so it can use getCharacterTable which actually implements VDR_CHARSET_OVERRIDE, so I guess a bit more change is needed, but it has to be done to reduce code duplication. I will try to refactor a bit as soon as I have some more free time.

• Zitat

Original von dimsa
    As I understand it is a member function so it can use getCharacterTable which actually implements VDR_CHARSET_OVERRIDE, so I guess a bit more change is needed, but it has to be done to reduce code duplication. I will try to refactor a bit as soon as I have some more free time.

no, neither getCharaterTable nor convertCharacterTable are member functions, they are only in SI namespace so use from anywere is possible with SI:: preset.

I already modified my code now I will provide the patch later.

• I agree, I have seen it also, I'm waiting for your patch. I have also seen that si.c does not have to be used the header is enough. I think the main idea behind the si.c is already commented. So far on OTV it works fine without it. I will test some more and provide patch to replace this include

Could you point some channels for viasat?

• Good work newsy - will build again with your new patch tonight.

Could you give me an example of a channel I should be able to see extended EPG data for after EEPG has picked up the listings? A line from a channels.conf would probably be the easiest. I'm still only seeing now / next information for the D+ channels I'm testing with after using your patches and re-enabling MHW2 support, but the plugin definitely logs that its picking up the data.

• thx is nearly all to dimsa, I only fixed the special characters ;)

you should get extended epg on these channels

TVE 1;TVE 1:10979:vC56M2O0S0:S19.2E:22000:170=2:120=esl@4,121=eng@4:0:1810,100:30656:1:1034:0
    LA 2;La2:10979:vC56M2O0S0:S19.2E:22000:167=2:108=esl@4,109=eng@4:0:1810,100:30658:1:1034:0

after tuning + waiting some seconds on this channel
    PORTADA;ESCAP:10847:vC56M2O0S0:S19.2E:22000:171=2:124=esl@4:0:0:30108:1:1058:0

• The joys of remote access - and luckily the fact that I left my dish pointing to 19.2E last night as my rotor plugin is broken (see other thread!)

Anyway, switched to PORTADA and it picked up EPG data & indeed I can now see 7 days worth of EPG information on "LA 2". I'm unlikely to ever watch that channel, but thats beside the point - its getting it working which is the fun bit! :)

I think I may have some broken D+ channels in my channels.conf - I has previously been looking at channels like C+ DEPORT HD and CANAL+ HD to test - those are still only showing now & next data. I believe they are all part of the D+ package, but maybe I'm confusing things.

Just done some more investigating - I have two copies of the same channel next to each other:

C+ COMEDIA;CPC2:11317:vC56M2O0S0:S19.2E:22000:163=2:92=esl@4,93=eng@4:41:1810,100:29805:1:1008:0
    C+ COMEDIA;CPC2:11317:vC56M2O0S0:S19.2E:22000:163=2:92=esl@4,93=eng@4:41:1810,100:29811:1:1008:0

The first has full EPG info, the second only has now / next. Only difference I can see is the 29805 / 29811 in the fourth column from the end.

I just checked "C+ DEPORT HD" again to see if the same had happened with that, indeed there are two copies of the channel listed in my channels.conf:

C+ DEPORT HD;DIGITAL+:10729:VC23M5O35S1:S19.2E:22000:163=27:0;98=esl@106,99=eng@106:0:1810:30803:1:1050:0
    C+ DEPORT HD;DIGITAL+:10847:VC56M2O0S0:S19.2E:22000:175=2:0:0:0:30180:1:1058:0

The first has now / next only attached to it, the second has full EPG data. I have no idea if they are both identical copies of the same channel or not - according to Lyngsat that channel doesn't broadcast on 10847v, and in fact that is the same frequency that the EPG data itself is broadcast on.

• Zitat

Original von dimsa
    I agree, I have seen it also, I'm waiting for your patch. I have also seen that si.c does not have to be used the header is enough. I think the main idea behind the si.c is already commented. So far on OTV it works fine without it. I will test some more and provide patch to replace this include

isn't it needed for freesat epg?

Zitat

Could you point some channels for viasat?

viasat is on Sirius 5°East http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/viasat.html

EPG_data:11862:vC34M2O0S0:S5.0E:27500:0:0:0:0:911:86:21:0

EDIT seems like we have to add an cEIT3 that is exactly like cEIT from VDR's eit.c (but with viasat patch included) to parse VIASAT EPG.

• I have already removed si.c and I see no problems so far. However I don't know which channels use freesat so I can not test this point. Please point me some if you know.

As for viasat it seems I'm out of luck since as lyngsat says the beam is not pointed in my direction, so I can not test it.

From my point of view viasat should be same as freesat. so it sholuld work only with this patch:

- if (Pid == 3842) {
    + if (Pid == 3842 && Pid == 0x39) {
    on line 3918 of original eepg.c

sorry for the hand made patch, but if you can test it and share the results. If this does not work I think I know what else needs to be done, shame I can not test it myself.

• The BBC channels at 28.2 have the Freesat EPG.

Ill be able to try the Viasat patch tomorrow if no one else has by then. I receive 5e much better than the footprints suggest here in the UK.

• Wilb: great you got it working. I think these 3d channels on 10847 are only still pictures to promote there HD channels on non HD boxes.

I got it finally working, of course it must be || and not && ;)
    But it's a little bit more work is necessary.

if you don't add this, only get pids == 0x5x are added

Code
    case FREEVIEW:                //Freeview, CONT mode //TODO streamline this for other modes
        ReadFileDictionary ();
        AddFilter (pid, 0x4e, 0xfe);        //event info, actual(0x4e)/other(0x4f) TS, present/following
        AddFilter (pid, 0x50, 0xf0);        //event info, actual TS, schedule(0x50)/schedule for future days(0x5X)
        AddFilter (pid, 0x60, 0xf0);        //event info, other  TS, schedule(0x60)/schedule for future days(0x6X)
     +   AddFilter (0x39, 0x50, 0xf0);       //event info, actual TS, schedule(0x50)/schedule for future days(0x5X)
     +   AddFilter (0x39, 0x60, 0xf0);       //event info, other  TS, schedule(0x60)/schedule for future days(0x6X)

then there's my problem how to active FREEVIEW format in Process() function.
    Unfortunately for (S::Loop::Iterator it; (d = stream.streamDescriptors.getNext (it));) {
    is never executes. There seem to be no streamDescriptors available :(

But if I set prvFRV=true and usrFRV=1

My idea was to have a variable firstrun and in this for loop it sets prvFRV=false and usrFRV=false again.
    Do you have a better idea?

BTW which providers do actually use NAGRAGUIDE ???

• Mal eine blöde Frage, wird das Plugin zusammen mit dem EPGSearch Plugin laufen?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!