Beiträge von Wilb

Surely this may cause an issue if you are using a GotoX rotor and you're in a weak signal area?

As an example, you may have your dish fine tuned to pull in the best signal at 0.8W yet if you update your channels.conf and disecq.conf to tune the channel at 1.0W to work around the "OBSOLETE" mark then your dish will move 0.2E before tuning the channel...

Might it make sense to allow multiple orbital positions to be mapped to the same actual position?

Hi guys,

I've fixed up the 1.7.22 GOTOX patch so that it applies against the new stable version of VDR that you're pushing out. I know that this functionality is now being implemented into core VDR but in the meantime a few of us still rely on the GOTOX functionality that isn't provided by the RotorNG plugin. so please find it attached. It builds cleanly (although I haven't had chance to confirm its driving my rotor yet as I'm migrating to a new box, but it should work OK).

Wilb

Anyone else noticed that the Dynamite plugin breaks the Rotor one? RotorNG isn't yet suitable for me as I use GotoX, although I did try it with some stored positions and it just seemed to segfault whenever I tried to make it move. I'm just excluding the Dynamite plugin in order.conf to work around it as it doesn't serve any purpose for me at the moment anyway.

Sorted:

sudo /usr/share/yavdr/events/change-display/00_switch-display
    sudo /usr/share/yavdr/events/change-display/10_restart-vdr-frontend

So

sudo -s
    echo "/usr/share/yavdr/events/change-display/00_switch-display" > /usr/local/bin/switch-head
    echo "/usr/share/yavdr/events/change-display/10_restart-vdr-frontend" >> /usr/local/bin/switch-head
    chmod +x /usr/local/bin/switch-head
    switch-head

In case anyone is wondering or has similar problems, it appears YaVDR 0.2 just uses the standard NVidia drivers shipped with Lucid. I've rolled back to those and all is now fine.

I have a TV which is a little bit picky about the modes you use with it (Hannspree JT02 37"), and have had mixed success with the various iterations of the NVidia driver over the past few years.

I was previously using YaVDR 0.2 successfully with my TV without too much configuation, but since upgrading to 0.3 and the newer NVidia driver I can no longer drive it in a mode which works correctly. I've spent quite some time fiddling with different X options to no avail. I'm wondering if the old driver that was used with 0.2 is still available - if I can downgrade and pin it then I will be happy enough at that.

Yes - it is still only showing a position number, no description of the satellite like in previous versions so not quite as functional - but it works so that is the main thing!

Maybe you don't actually need a diseqc.conf at all for a single rotor - or if it insists on having something configured then try modifying mine anyway. S28.2E is the one which is connected to port 2 so just ignore that.

I'm not sure of the behaviour of that patch - maybe the idea is to disable all OTA EPG to allow for XMLTV listings to be injected instead? I used to use XMLTV2VDR on a system many years ago and I seem to recall occasionally having problems with duplicated events when OTA EPG differed slightly from the XMLTV data.

Yep - my rotor.conf is as follows:

Code
    S5.0E = 2
    S7.0E = 3
    S9.0E = 4
    S10.0E = 5
    S13.0E = 6
    S16.0E = 7
    S19.2E = 8
    S23.5E = 9
    S1.0W = 1

My diseqc.conf (which is for a 4-way diseqc switch with my rotor on the first port)

I'm not sure how you should adapt that if you are just directly connected to your rotor.

Just to update others, I've rolled back to the standard rotor plugin from the YaVDR repositories and after storing positions in my rotor & subsequently configuring my rotor.conf & diseqc.conf properly my VDR is now functioning correctly using GotoPosition.

Indeed:

Zitat

Oct 9 09:07:29 vdr: [3170] EEPG: MediaHighWay 1 Extended EPG detected on pid d3.
    Oct 9 09:07:29 vdr: [3170] EEPG: NagraGuide Extended EPG detected on pid c8.
    Oct 9 09:07:29 vdr: [3170] Filter Pid:c8,Tid:b0 added.

Zitat

EPG;CANALDIGITAAL:12515:hC56M2O0S0:S19.2E:22000:0:0:0:0:7199:53:1105:0

According to the EEPG wiki, Canal Digitaal (NL) uses Nagraguide (but also MHW1). I believe they broadcast at 19.2E and 23.5E. The wiki suggests S19.2E:12515H carries both types of EPG data.

Hi guys.

Just applied the latest patches - everything seems to be working OK.

I believe all Freesat channels broadcast EPG data, but these ones definitely do:

Zitat

BBC 1 Yorks;BSkyB:10788:VC56M2O0S0:S28.2E:22000:5300=2:5301=eng@3:5302:0:10304:2:2046:0
    BBC 2 England;BSkyB:10773:HC56M2O0S0:S28.2E:22000:5100=2:5101=eng@3,5102=NAR@3:5103:0:6302:2:2045:0
    BBC NEWS;BSkyB:11953:HC23M2O0S0:S28.2E:27500:5000=2:5001=eng@3:5003:0:6704:2:2013:0

When tuning to these, I get:

Zitat

Oct 9 08:51:08 vdr: [3170] EEPG: FreeView Extended EPG detected on pid f02.
    Oct 9 08:51:08 vdr: [3170] Loading table 1 Filename </var/lib/vdr/plugins/eepg/freesat.t1>
    Oct 9 08:51:08 vdr: [3170] Loading table 2 Filename </var/lib/vdr/plugins/eepg/freesat.t2>

Even with the logging of eepg set to debug, you don't get lots of event data sent to syslog - it just works away in the background.

The Viasat patch also looks to be working:

Zitat

Oct 9 08:54:08 vdr: [3170] EEPG: FreeView Extended EPG detected on pid 39.
    Oct 9 08:54:08 vdr: [3170] Loading table 1 Filename </var/lib/vdr/plugins/eepg/freesat.t1>
    Oct 9 08:54:08 vdr: [3170] Loading table 2 Filename </var/lib/vdr/plugins/eepg/freesat.t2>

According to the EEPG wiki, Canal Digitaal (NL) uses Nagraguide (but also MHW1). I believe they broadcast at 19.2E and 23.5E, although I'm not sure which transponders carry this EPG data.

Yep no more luck for me either. I might spend some time programming positions into my motor so I can use GotoPosition, in the meantime the GotoX patch with the caveat mentioned above will have to do for me.

I've pretty much got my head around whats going off now - I see lots of /usr/bin/start-* scripts which are all templated in /usr/share/yavdr/templates/usr/bin - I think I can build things to be how I want from this.

Cheers.

Wilb