[Announce] Softhddevice 2.0.0.

• Sorry for late reply. Just tested now the 2.0.2. Works perfectly! Thanks lnj.

• I'm using version 1.11.1 long time with a nvidia card and vdpau, no problems so far. Now i updated to 2.0.2 and i got massive messages for doubled frames if i replay a record (e.g. Das Erste / HD). If i open the softhdevice menu the count for doubled frames increases fast. As this is my only system (production) i reverted back to 1.11.1. Any know/introduced problems here?

VDR: Silverstone SG05 Lite, ASRock MB H510M-HDV R2.0, I3 10100, 8GB RAM, Ubuntu 22.04, vdr 2.6.4, 120GB SSD, 8TB SSD, Digital Devices Max S8X, Nvidia GT730, IR-WAKEUP USB

• I have tested a bit more. It seems to happen on any HD content. If i start replaying the log seems to be fine. Starting from the first jump done in the record (e.g. fast-foward or jump forward a minute) the log gets filled with these messages:

Code
    Oct 13 19:35:28 vdr vdr: video: speed up video, droping frame
    Oct 13 19:35:28 vdr vdr: video: decoder buffer empty, duping frame (20400/287) 182 v-buf closing 0
    Oct 13 19:35:28 vdr vdr: video:  5:34:36.927  -25 3188   0/\ms 182+1+4 v-buf
    Oct 13 19:35:28 vdr vdr: video/vdpau: diff -2293 -25 lim 32 fill 2
    Oct 13 19:35:28 vdr vdr: video: speed up video, droping frame

Also the duped frame counter in the softhhdevice menu increases fast. Log is attached. I have also uploaded a short video sample where the problem occurred after the first jump in the record:

Testvideo_HD_DasErste - Download - 4shared - TorstenW
    Download Testvideo_HD_DasErste at 4shared free online storage service
    www.4shared.com

Hope it helps for analyzing.

• Ich habe jetzt gerade keine Zeit es zu testen, aber du kannst mal in audio.c sowohl in AudioVideoReady() als auch in AudioEnqueue() die Zeilen:

if (!EnoughVideo && SoftIsPlayingVideo) { // not enough video ersetzen durch

if (!EnoughVideo && SoftIsPlayingVideo && !IsReplay()) { // not enough video and no replay und sehen, ob das hilft.

• Thanks, the duped frame problem is gone, but with this version i got a new one. If i stop the replay (stop key), now the picture trembles for a second or two before the replay is really stopped. I rechecked, but this doesn't happen with the version before. There i got at still picture for a second at most. Seems to be a side effect of your change. Any ideas about that?

VDR: Silverstone SG05 Lite, ASRock MB H510M-HDV R2.0, I3 10100, 8GB RAM, Ubuntu 22.04, vdr 2.6.4, 120GB SSD, 8TB SSD, Digital Devices Max S8X, Nvidia GT730, IR-WAKEUP USB

• Since version 2.0.4 I have had a high system load of over 80% and picture/sound dropouts. In version 2.0.3 everything is still fine...

I have an Intel-System with a i3 and use va-api-egl...

Code
    [softhddevice]
    -D
    -a pulse
    -p pulse
    -c PCM
    -d :0.0
    -f
    -g 1920x1080+0+0
    -v va-api-egl
  • Nothing unusual to see. Only the load and CPU temperature are very high and pixels and sound hangs occur sporadically.

Does the high computing load/temp cause hangs after a certain amount of time (The lowest is 70%) ? Or is the i3 too slow?

• BTW:

After the errors on the TV I also have no log entries!

• Hello, I'm using EasyVDR and we are testing actual the latest softhddevice version 2.0.3.

Here I found with my system (see spoiler) that the PIP function of softhddevice linked with HD-TV programs shows no useful pictures. The HD picture is rarely visible and it is flickering.

With the stable version of softhd 1.12.1 in EasyVDR HD-TV programs will be shown visible but not continuously. The picture will be changed or refreshed ca. every 0.5s. Non-HD programs don't have this problem.

Does anyone have this behaviour with the 2.0.3 version too? Or is this maybe only linked in combination with EasyVDR?

Thank you. Regards Steffen

Mein System

• hmmm, but that's what it looks like:

Video Decoder: VAAPI OSD: OpenGL

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!