[ANNOUNCE] iStreamdev-1.0.1 - stream vdr & media files to your Iphone

• yep,

now try the command :

/var/www/istreamdev/segmenter/ffmpeg -i http://localhost:3000/TS/1 -deinterlace -f mpegts -acodec libmp3lame -ab 64k -ac 1 -s 480x320 -vcodec libx264 -b 512k -flags +loop -cmp +chroma -partitions +parti4x4+partp8x8+partb8x8 -subq 5 -trellis 1 -refs 1 -coder 0 -me_range 16 -keyint_min 25 -sc_threshold 40 -i_qfactor 0.71 -bt 512k -maxrate 512k -bufsize 512k -rc_eq blurCplx^(1-qComp) -qcomp 0.6 -qmin 10 -qmax 51 -qdiff 4 -level 30 -g 30 -async 2 -threads 4 ./test.ts

and see is test.ts is correct ( with mediainfo for instance)

• Hi,
    first I got a syntax error, quoting 'blurCplx^(1-qComp)' fixed it. No I get "sh: /var/www/istreamdev/segmenter/ffmpeg: is a directory"
    I've read somewhere that in some ffmpeg versions the path to the binary is hardcoded as usr/bin - could this be the reason, and if so, how do I get ffmpeg out of /var/www/istreamdev/segmenter/ffmpeg into /usr/bin without running into trouble?

ffmpeg gives BTW:

so I guess its installed all right?
    Martin

• Arghhh... ist seems that ffmpeg IS installed, but actually in /usr/local/bin. So now I am at the point:

The file test.ts is generated in /var/www/, but its 0 bytes of course.
    Any idea what is going wrong?
    Martin

• May I suggest to recommend more restrictive file permissions in the readme.. Here is what I did (I tested live tv, recordings, video & audio afterwards without any problems):

# set owner and group
    sudo chown -R root.www-data /var/www/istreamdev/*

# strict default permissions for files and directories
    sudo find /var/www/istreamdev -type f | xargs sudo chmod 644
    sudo find /var/www/istreamdev -type d | xargs sudo chmod 755

# ram and playlist directories need to be group-writable
    sudo chmod 775 /var/www/istreamdev/ram /var/www/istreamdev/playlist

# make istream.sh executable
    sudo chmod 755 /var/www/istreamdev/istream.sh

# if you moved the ram directory to a ramdisk as suggested:
    sudo chown root.www-data /dev/shm/ram
    sudo chmod 775 /dev/shm/ram

• Zitat

Original von TheTroll
    Well it means that a chan called "I,TELE" should be reported as "I" ?
    Bad bad bad...

know we have the rigth way ...

• Hi,
    I thinlk I'm very close to streaming on iPhone from c't vdr, but I still need a little help:

• ffmpeg and segmenter now seem to work. Command line "./istream.sh http://localhost:3000/TS/1 512k 64k 1 480x320 ./ 3 /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg /usr/bin/segmenter" generates TS segments and playlist all right.
    • When trying to start streaming from the iPhone, the sessionx-subfolder is generated with two files, "streaminfo" and "logo.png".
    • After a while ("Now streaming is displayed"), the iPhone displays the error message "Error: encoding did not start correctly"
    • The source code of the iphone page says "<input name="url" type="hidden" id="url" value="http://127.0.0.1:3000/TS/4" />" or, when trying to stream recordings, "<input name="url" type="hidden" id="url" value="/var/lib/video/Metropolis/2010-02-12.20.05.99.99.rec" />". Seems to be correct?
    • exec seems to work o.k. for www-data, permissions are set accodingly.

I have been trying hard, but just can't find a way to get it working. I hope it is not some stupid error as a wrong variable at $httppath = '/istreamdev/" I've installed istreamdev at /var/www/istreamdev

I can't find any hints in the logs, no further error messages - what am I doing wrong?
    Martin

PD: Just noticed that the iPhone grants complete read-access to the file structure of the vdr machine when trying to stream recordings: hitting the Stop streaming-button after a frustrated intent to stream a recording and then the Back button in the upper left corner brings you up to root level.

• RESOLVED: ok, I've re-installed istreamdev, and now it seems to work fine, as far as I can say being away from home and vdr (testing via dyndns & co, still get some interruptions of the stream, but this might be caused by the network connection, I will test it this night in the LAN..
    Thanks to all that have been working on this. This is a great piece of software, if there was an election of the top vdr enhancements of the last years, it would be my absolute favourite.

One question: Is it supposed to work on an iPod Touch, too?

Martin

• Hello,

when try to compile segmenter i got :

Code
    root@yavdr:/usr/local/src/istreamdev-0.3.7/segmenter# make
    gcc -Wall -g segmenter.c -o segmenter -lavformat -lavcodec -lavutil -lbz2
    segmenter.c: In function ‘main’:
    segmenter.c:253: warning: ‘guess_format’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/local/include/libavformat/avformat.h:771)
    /tmp/ccOM8VrQ.o: In function `main':
    /usr/local/src/istreamdev-0.3.7/segmenter/segmenter.c:327: undefined reference to `av_free_packet'
    /usr/local/src/istreamdev-0.3.7/segmenter/segmenter.c:377: undefined reference to `av_free_packet'
    /usr/local/src/istreamdev-0.3.7/segmenter/segmenter.c:381: undefined reference to `av_free_packet'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [all] Fehler 1

Any suggestions what i can do?

The prior Version 0.3.6 works fine.

I got ffmpeg from SVN :

Code
    FFmpeg version SVN-r22092, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 the FFmpeg developers
      built on Feb 27 2010 15:16:30 with gcc 4.4.1
      configuration: --prefix=/usr --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-nonfree --enable-postproc --enable-pthreads --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid --enable-x11grab
      libavutil     50. 9. 0 / 50. 9. 0
      libavcodec    52.55. 0 / 52.55. 0
      libavformat   52.54. 0 / 52.54. 0
      libavdevice   52. 2. 0 / 52. 2. 0
      libswscale     0.10. 0 /  0.10. 0
      libpostproc   51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0

and compiled the old segmenter with:

Code
    gcc -Wall -g segmenter.c -o segmenter -L/usr/local/src/ffmpeg/libavformat -lavformat -L/usr/local/src/ffmpeg/libavcodec -lavcodec -L/usr/local/src/ffmpeg/libavutil -lavutil -I/usr/local/src/ffmpeg/ -lm -lmp3lame -lxvidcore -lx264 -lfaad -lfaac -lbz2 -lpthread -lz

Thanks,
    heh5

VDR 1.7 - DVB-S 1.3 - DVB-S 1.6 - DVB-S2 - Intel D820 -25,5 TB Plattenplatz - 19" Gehäuse - Graph.-LCD 240x128 - VDRburn mit DVD-RW - Clients: Reelbox Lite, Reelbox AVG, Netclient, Dreambox 5620, DBox2, MediaMVP, SMT-7020

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von heh5 ()

• :schiel ffmpeg Version SVN-r22061

• i dont understand why all istall ffmpeg from svn ... my stable verion works greatly with HD and segmenter..

perhaps try an older version .. your ffmpeg is to new....

Code
    segmenter.c:253: warning: ‘guess_format’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavformat/avformat.h:771)
  • Hi,
    I've tested now in LAN, and streaming quality has not improved :(
    Recordings are streaming perfectly with 512k; With live TV at Wifi/512k setting, the stream starts stuttering after a few seconds, freezes, starts again, artefacts etc. Setting bitrate to 256k doesn't help; Streaming live TV in Edge mode works fine.

Could this be the same problem as kuminamoya described on p. 2 of this thread, machine too old or too less RAM? I'm runnig latest c't vdr (Debian) on a P4 2,4 GHZ 512 MB RAM, Fully Featured DVB-S card.

When I test TS generation via command line, lots of error messages are produced, but the TS test file is generated. However, it presents the same artefacts and problem as the stream TS files. One of the error messages says "Seems stream 0 codec frame rate differs from container frame rate: 50.00 (50/1) -> 25.00 (25/1)" Actually, the resulting TS files have 50fps - ist this normal/correct?

Are there any hints to finetune the TS generation or do I have to buy a new machine/RAM?
    Tnaks
    Martin

• Hi all,

I have the same problem with stuttering stream after a few seconds. Its due to ffmpeg using about 99% cpu time even with the lowest quality. I´m running a 1,8GHz Pentium M with the ram dir in /dev/shm (which makes a huge difference).
    There are some hardware h264 encoders like Elgatos Turbo.h264 ro the ADS Tech RDX-160-EF. Someone managed to create linux drivers and an ffmpeg patch for the encoding chip of this devices: http://tipok.org.ua/ru/node/13.
    I will purchase on of this units and give it a try. Maybe someone here can make a test before I recieve one.

Henning

• I 've been using iStreamdev for a while now and everything works like a charm. Great work, guys! I've been wondering, though, whether it would be possible to watch Live-TV and recordings through iStreamdev in a browser on the PC. I've tried it with Safari, Firefox, Chrome and Opera, doesn't seem to work.

• Zitat

Originally posted by alib
    How much does it costs ?

The Elgato Turbo costs ~90EUR new and there are not many offered in the bay. The ADS Tech device costs around 20$ + shipping in the bay (new). I ordered the ADS one for ~30EUR incl shipping from an US dealer. It will take some time until I receive it so more news in a few (more) days.

• "whether it would be possible to watch Live-TV and recordings through iStreamdev in a browser on the PC. I've tried it with Safari, Firefox, Chrome and Opera, doesn't seem to work."
    This would be great

• Hi there

New version 1.0 is now out.

Everything has changed. Now based on JQtouch/Jquery, full ajax/json client/server.

Now have logs file to debug more easily.
    And smooth eyecandy transitions:

[Blockierte Grafik: http://xmltv.free.fr/istreamde…s/thumbs/3dtransition.png]

:)

For supports please submit bug reports or feature request to vdr-developer page:

http://projects.vdr-developer.…cts/istreamdev/issues/new

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!