Aktuelle Treiber für Octopus(ddbridge), CineS2(ngene/ddbridge), DuoFlex-S2, DuoFlex-CT, CineCT sowie TT S2-6400 (Teil 2)

• It is not allowed to discuss this here.

Gerald

Gerald,

I don't understand. You quote the part of my message that is the least intrusive. This patch is just to enable a loopback device. Here in the Netherlands I need it to be able to watch the Pubic channels. There is no harm in that I suppose? Otherwise where is the correct location to ask?

thx

• I don't understand. You quote the part of my message that is the least intrusive.

This is true, but if I quote the significant part, then I would do something that is not allowed here.

This patch is just to enable a loopback device. Here in the Netherlands I need it to be able to watch the Pubic channels.

Maybe, but it is not allowed to discuss this here.

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• Maybe, but it is not allowed to discuss this here.

I didn't want to reply on the main forum but since you have pm set to only friends and my friend request failed... The reason I wanted to reply in person was that its not clear to me atm what is allowed and what not. I thought that a patch of 2 lines which enables a loopback interface is of no harm at all and does not violate any laws? I can imagine that some of the software that uses it does but if you going to take that into account there is not a single line of code left to write anymore ;-). Actually I think that including it in the main version it will make sure that less people start asking those kind of questions in the forums because there will be no issues in the drivers anymore but only in the software doing illegal stuff. To me it seems a waste of resources to deny 2 lines of code and force people to download and compile the stuff. It is easily done but takes up unnecessarily bandwidth on the repository server and wastes electricity... I thought Germany was so green ;-).

I cannot seem to find the forum rules. Could you point me towards them?

thx a lot.
    dvbdvb

• Forum rules.

I don't know you, so you can't be my friend. Additionally I don't like pms.

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• It is not allowed to discuss this here.

Gerald

Sorry,

die Frage war unglücklich bzw. ungenau gestellt!
    Was unbedachter Text gleich auslöst --> respect for the board-rules

Bin nicht auf der suche nach EMU's, softcams ... und alles in diesem Bereich. <-- Dafür gibts die Suchmaschinen mit genügend Antworten!!

Die Frage war:

CAM: (xy) ___ Firmware: (XX.XX) ____ Original-Key-Card (?? ?? ??) ____ (ja / nein / geht so)

als Entscheidungshilfe für eine Anschaffung.

Grüße

TV-Karte: DigitalDevices Octopus Dual-CI + 1 DuoFlex S2
    Treiber: ddbridge V0.8 (media_build_experimental)

• Hallo Leute,

ich bekomme nach dem "redirect" und erstmaligem Zugriff auf das dvb-frontend folgende Meldung im syslog:

Code
    Apr 14 14:44:02 mythtv kernel: [  480.273256] Overflow dma 4

Habe das soweit lokalisiert, das es aus dem ddbridge-Treiber gemeldet wird (ddbridge-core.c):

Um sicher zu gehen, habe ich mir die Ausgabe erweitert --> es ist definitiv aus dieser Funktion.

Habt Ihr eine Idee dazu?

Ohne redirect, nur der Treiber sowohl mit wie auch ohne adapter_alloc liefert KEINE Meldung.

Grüße,
    Peter

TV-Karte: DigitalDevices Octopus Dual-CI + 1 DuoFlex S2
    Treiber: ddbridge V0.8 (media_build_experimental)

• On the website of digital-devices it mentions that UniCable/EN50494 support is handled at the driver level and does not require anything from the software. How the driver has to be configured to use unicable or is that handled automatically without any configuration?

thx!

• that is the windows driver. You need to configure your vdr by adapting the diseq.conf and scr.onf.

Zum Guggen: yavdr0.6 + Silverstone GD04 + Intel DH57DD + Intel G6950 + Nvidia GT630 + Unicable/Jess-Sat (JPS0501-12) mit DD/L4M Max8 + 4TB WD-red + bequiet SFX300W
    Zum Testen : yavdr-Ansible + GMC Toast + B365M+i3-8100+ Nvidia GT1030 + L4M CineS2v6 o. SAT>IP Plugin mit DD-O'net
    VaaS (VDR-as-a-Service): yavdr06 + ML03+DH67BL+G530+2GB RAM + 2TB WD-EARX + Zotac GT610 + L4M v5.4 + bequiet SFX300W
    Squeezeboxserver: DN2800ML im Streacom F1CS NAS: HP ProLiant MicroServer NL36+ Smart Array P212

• that is the windows driver. You need to configure your vdr by adapting the diseq.conf and scr.onf.

In that case it's pretty misleading of Digital Devices to put it on their site that way.

Can it be integrated into the linux driver also and would it be much work? (I doubt that the version of VDR on the latest version of the OS I am using does have support and neither does MythTV or mumudvb).

• In that case it's pretty misleading of Digital Devices to put it on their site that way.

From my point of view this is not missleading, because the hardware is possible to work in EN50494 layouts, which is btw. just a sibling of DiSEqC 1.0.

DD does offer a Windows driver which implements the usage, but Windows drivers an Linux drivers are complete different worlds, closed source compared to open source. DD does not offer Linux drivers, these are offered by the open source community, so somewhat outside of their product responsibilty. But L4M/DD does support all developers strongly, to provide the drivers rock solid as they are right now.

Btw. 90%+ of all DVB devices can run in EN50494 environments, they are just DiSEqC 1.0 compatible, but for none of them is this function built into the linux-media drivers!

Can it be integrated into the linux driver also and would it be much work?

There was one guy offering a generell EN50494 functionality for the DVB stack, but this was rejected, because it is not linux-media compliant. So this will never happen officially, maybe there are still patches somewhere out there ...

In Linux world Unicable®/EN50494 must be driven from user space means application, thankfully it found it's way into the VDR.

Regards
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• Apart from what fnu has answered:
    VDR supports unicable since version 1.7.22 . See http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/in…Single_Cable_Distribution (only german - probabely you have to put that in a translator)
    Don't know if your OS can provide that. But as 2.0 is released, maybe the maintainer will provide that for your OS.
    For the other apps you have to check with them. A quick google showed for example this .

Zum Guggen: yavdr0.6 + Silverstone GD04 + Intel DH57DD + Intel G6950 + Nvidia GT630 + Unicable/Jess-Sat (JPS0501-12) mit DD/L4M Max8 + 4TB WD-red + bequiet SFX300W
    Zum Testen : yavdr-Ansible + GMC Toast + B365M+i3-8100+ Nvidia GT1030 + L4M CineS2v6 o. SAT>IP Plugin mit DD-O'net
    VaaS (VDR-as-a-Service): yavdr06 + ML03+DH67BL+G530+2GB RAM + 2TB WD-EARX + Zotac GT610 + L4M v5.4 + bequiet SFX300W
    Squeezeboxserver: DN2800ML im Streacom F1CS NAS: HP ProLiant MicroServer NL36+ Smart Array P212

• From my point of view this is not missleading, because the hardware is possible to work in EN50494 layouts, which is btw. just a sibling of DiSEqC 1.0.

You don't think this is misleading?
    Drivers: Linux kernel 2.6.xx current ® Open Source
    Signed Drivers for Windows Vista ® 32-bit / 64-bit
    Signed drivers for Windows 7 ® 32-bit / 64-bit - Windows 7 Media Center compatible
    Signed drivers for Windows 8 ® 32-bit / 64-bit - Windows 8 Media Center compatible
    Drivers for Microsoft ® Windows ® XP with Service Pack 2

One Cable Solution at EN50494 (UniCable®) - support driver side.
    The TV Software must have no UniCable® Support.

Well. to me it was. I upgraded my whole setup for hundreds of euro's which is now pretty much useless. The _least_ they can do is mention there that on linux the software does require support.

• The TV Software must have no UniCable® Support.

The _least_ they can do is mention there that on linux the software does require support.

They did, look at your quote ... Sorry, to stupid to read the little "no" ...

No, this not missleading, they don't offer Linux drivers, they mention there are Linux drivers (open source) and they are excellent. These drivers would be same even if DVB stack would offer EN50494 support, these are to different pairs of shoes. But by Linux driver design, DVB stack does not offer EN50494 support on driver level, user space application must provide it. It's not their fault that you misunderstand that and as I said you would discuss this issue with every other vendor ...

And one last word here, this is VDR portal and VDR does provide Unicable®/EN50494 support, quite a long time now ...

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• we are not DD. Tell them...
    (and maybe consider installing a bit more up2date vdr version )

• they say _no_ support.

Right, didn't got that, sorry.

But does not change the facts, Linux DVB stack does not offer EN50494 at all, independent from the hardware vendor. Go and complain at the responsible persons, Linus Torvalds, Mauro Carvalho Chehab and all the other guys ...

And one last word here, this is VDR portal and VDR does provide Unicable®/EN50494 support, quite a long time now ...

Regards
    fnu

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• Habe Cine S2 V6.5 neu

auf zwei Systemen
    - ASUS M3A-H/HDMI
    - Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H

Software auf beiden Systemen praktisch identisch.
    OpenSUSE 12.3 64 bit (Kernel 3.7.10)

Exakt nach Anleitung UFO Treiber installiert.

Auf ASUS einwandfrei. Struktur /dev/dvb/adapterXX erscheint.
    Auf Gigabyte wird Treiber nicht geladen. Struktur /dev/dvb/adapterXX erscheint nicht.

Habe schon Karten der Systeme gegeneinander getauscht. Verhalten identisch.

lspci -vnn zeigt bei beiden identische Ausgaben (bis auf IRQ)

dmesg | grep ddb zeigt auf:
    - ASUS ngene-octopus-test: 4....7 ddbridge: Add ID of Digital Devices Octopus V3. Also voll OK.
    - Gigabyte gar nichts, d.h. Treiber werden nicht geladen.

Gibt es Probleme mit Intel / ZX77 / Gigabyte / UEFI?

G.

• Gibt es Probleme mit Intel / ZX77 / Gigabyte / UEFI?

Ja, es gibt hier und da Berichte das ein benötigter PCI Standard nicht von Mainboards mit Intelchipsätzen unterstützt ist. Für einige Consumer, Desktop, Mainboards gab es dann auch BIOS Updates.

Ich bin mir nicht sicher, aber ich meine mich an PCI 1.0a zu erinnern, aber bitte nicht auf die Goldwaage legen. Hier im Portal ist schon ein Nutzer drüber gestolpert und hat dann geschimpft wie ein Rohrspatz ... ;)

Regards
    fnu

• Ich bin mir nicht sicher, aber ich meine mich an PCI 1.0a zu erinnern

Danke für die Info.

Laut Handbuch hat der x1- "Slot PCI Express 2.0 standard".
    Leider weiss ich nicht, welche pEx-Version die Karte hat. Weiss das jemand?

Wenn die Standards nicht zusammen passen, würde da nicht "lspci" gar nichts anzeigen?

G.

• Wenn die Standards nicht zusammen passen, würde da nicht "lspci" gar nichts anzeigen?

Tja, wenn mal nur alles zu binär wäre in der IT Welt, dann wäre vmtl. viele hier arbeitslos ... ;)

Aber was anderes evtl. machst Du einen eigenen Thread zum Thema auf? Ist zwar nicht völlig OffTopic hier, aber an hier muß keiner an Threads sparen ... ?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!