vdr-plugin-mpv

• Dear All, I hope one can help me on this:

BM2LTS is using output plugin softhddrm which does not use X ... what do I have to configure ...

togther with -v drm in mpv.conf I get this:

Code
    Mar  2 18:08:21 BM2LTS-N64native-MCLI vdr: [1831] [mpv]: Can't open TTY for VT control: Kein passendes Gerät bzw. keine passende Adresse gefunden#012
    Mar  2 18:08:21 BM2LTS-N64native-MCLI vdr: [1831] [mpv]: Creating filter 'vdpaupp' failed.#012

Liebe Grüße g ;)

NCV6dvbS2+Alphacrypt+ORF, BM2LTS4.4 NUC11i3 NVMe+HDD, BM2LTS2.94.4 AVG1 T7400 SSD+HDD NvidiaGT720

• Hi,

anbei das mpv-plugin aus dem aktuellem Git-Stand für BM2LTS

und mpv 0.33.0 für Ubuntu Focal

cinfo

• Hi,

it's probably not handled in the plugin now, but mpv itself should be able to use the drm interface like "mpv -v --hwdec=auto --vo=drm"

CU

9000h

Es ist eagl in wlehcer Reiehnfogle die Bchustebaen in Woeretrn vokrmomen. Huapstache der estre und leztte Bchustbae sitmmen.

• First run mpv or find with what options to launch mpv with drm, and then try the plugin.

And of course the mpv must be compiled with support for drm.

I not use drm and can't test it.

The plugin doesn't care if there is X or not, what parameters so will work.

• Hi,

it's probably not handled in the plugin now, but mpv itself should be able to use the drm interface like "mpv -v --hwdec=auto --vo=drm"

CU

9000h

cinfo

(VDR) NUC11PAH & GEEKOM MINI-IT11-11. Generation * BM2LTS * DD NET S2 Max * NC * (Sound) Cinebar Lux Set * (Stream) Apple TV 4K (2022) *

(Light) PHILIPS Hue Play HDMI Sync Box & Gradient Lightstrip * (OLED TV) LG OLED65G29LA

• Sorry, but I got confused now. As said BM2LTS on NUC uses softhddrm (no X)... and is connected via HDMI ... therefore I tried: -v drm -h auto

1 Video runs fine, but no sound

2 After stopping the video the 1st time liveTV is back but after the second movieplayback vdr crashes

Here is the syslog (loglevel=3)

Liebe Grüße g ;)

NCV6dvbS2+Alphacrypt+ORF, BM2LTS4.4 NUC11i3 NVMe+HDD, BM2LTS2.94.4 AVG1 T7400 SSD+HDD NvidiaGT720

• Hello lnj

I have some issues with the latest commit of the plugin (Added keyboard support. Version 1.0.0.)

vdr: latest git

skindesigner: latest git

Zapcockpit patch enabled

start mpv with: -P"mpv -v vdpau -a alsa -d /dev/sr0 -b /files/Media/Video\'s -r -g -l en,de,fr,nl"

When I play a video it starts in fast forward (x2) and I can't change it.

Closing the plugin fails, and in the end there''s a watchdog timeout

Thanks for having a look!

Carel

• Mm same here: Start in fast forward (x2) not reproduced anymore.

I noticed that after VDR restart spooling work, but the "2x FWD" sign in the skin (shady) doesn't appear anymore.

Found one other minor thing:

Code
    svdrpsend plug mpv
    220 woonkamer SVDRP VideoDiskRecorder 2.5.1; Thu Mar  4 14:10:44 2021; UTF-8
    214-Plugin mpv v1.0.0-GITv0.2.2-21-gf1d7f5b - mpv player plugin
    214 This plugin has no SVDRP commands
    221 woonkamer closing connection

But it has the "play" option which also works.

Tested with a stream.

Recording also works, index gets created by VDR upon playing :)

In fact, I'd like start a stream play using the remote.

Maybe a file can be chosen that contains the stream that should be played?

Cheers

• THX @Inj and cinfo !!!

One thing left is that the audio E/AC downmix does not seem to work = the TV claims "format not supported" as it gets 5.1 (as we ;) know it is capable only of DD2.0 or PCM)

Code
    -v drm
    -h auto
    -a alsa/hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    -r
    -b /media/hd/video

Liebe Grüße g ;)

• What you setting in plugin menu?

Zitat

One thing left is that the audio E/AC downmix does not seem to work = the TV claims "format not supported" as it gets 5.1 (as we ;) know it is capable only of DD2.0 or PCM)

It would be great to see the mpv log, if the plugin is compiled with the debug option.

And syslog too.

• What you setting in plugin menu?

It would be great to see the mpv log, if the plugin is compiled with the debug option.

And syslog too.

hier das MPV-Plugin mit Debug-Funktion für BM2LTS v3.4.32

cinfo

• THX cinfo. @Inj we like the plugin !!

My bad I did not think of the plugin settings and so I had downmix disabled. Here are the tests with downmix enabled. Sound in general works, but please see little probs below. All logs can be found here.

1 _210307a_no_reaction_to_volume_keys.txt

2 _210307b_vdr_crash_after pressing_stop_key.txt

The following tests are with mpv.SoftVol = 1

3 syslog_210307c_volume_control.txt

When starting playback volume is on the same level like liveTV before. After pressing the volume key, the volume is set to a very low level which seems to correspond to the level shown on the scale. But in reality the sound is hardly to hear. So one increases volume to about 2/3 of maximum. After pressing stop key it exits directly to liveTV which is way to loud then

4 _210307d_liveTV_sreen_flickers_after_stop.txt

After pressing stop key it returns to liveTV, but the screen flickers with about 20-30Hz. This happens one out of ten times. Changing liveTV channels does not help.

I entered mpv playback again, pressed stop and vdr crashed. Find this in _210307e_vdr_crash_after_stop.txt. This log includes the previous log entries from _210307d_.

Common things:

5 Pressing the stop key should exit to liveTV (or black screen) but it should stay in the filebrowser (right now it exits all menues).

6 Pressing the exit key (instead of stop) shows the filebrowser, but the movie continous to play. Shouldnt this stop playback, exit all menues and activate liveTV ?

7 -r option does not seem to change/improve any of the above probs ... e.g. I had those crashes and flicker probs also when I tested the days before ...

All tests with this media.file:

Liebe Grüße g ;)

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von gggggg ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!