Kodi plugin VNSI - no more updates

• According to this post VNSI plugin won't be maintained anymore.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=340163

The author is looking for developers who would like to take over the maintaining process.

Server: YaVDR Ansible VM (VDR 2.4.8) as a VNSI Server and Streamdev Server. DD CINE S2 + 2 x DD Duoflex S2 (6 tuners)

VDR1 Client- ASUS AT3IONTI, 4gb RAM, 32GB SSD, MCE Remote, Custom case, YAVDR 0.6.2

VDR2 Client- ASUS AT5IONTI, 4gb RAM, 128GB SSD, MCE Remote, D-Vine 5 HTPC Case, YAVDR Ansible, Ubuntu 20.04.2

VDR3 Client- Modified Reelbox AVG II with working display: Gigabyte C1037UN-EU + EHD + 4GB ram + 32GB SSD. Streamdev client only.BM2LTS

UNRAID - 110 TB storage, Supermicro X10SRL -F + Xeon E5-2680 v3 + 256 GB DDR4 ECC Ram.

• I don't have such programming skills to continue this work, but would be a shame, if nobody continues this work. Then i and mabye many others also have to switch to TVH.

- Client1: Thermaltake DH 102 mit 7" TouchTFT * Debian Stretch/vdr-2.4.0/graphtft/MainMenuHooks-Patch * Zotac H55-ITX WiFi * Core i3 540 * 4GB RAM ** Zotac GT630 * 1 TB System HDD * 4 GB RAM * Harmony 900 * satip-Plugin

- Client2: Alfawise H96 Pro Plus * KODI
    - Server: Intel Pentium G3220 * DH87RL * 16GB RAM * 4x4TB 3.5" WD RED + 1x500GB 2.5" * satip-Plugin
    - SAT>IP: Inverto iLNB

• Sad news indeed. For what I understand, it is just a matter of a major change in Kodi and then VNSI will be dead.

Server: YaVDR Ansible VM (VDR 2.4.8) as a VNSI Server and Streamdev Server. DD CINE S2 + 2 x DD Duoflex S2 (6 tuners)

VDR1 Client- ASUS AT3IONTI, 4gb RAM, 32GB SSD, MCE Remote, Custom case, YAVDR 0.6.2

VDR2 Client- ASUS AT5IONTI, 4gb RAM, 128GB SSD, MCE Remote, D-Vine 5 HTPC Case, YAVDR Ansible, Ubuntu 20.04.2

VDR3 Client- Modified Reelbox AVG II with working display: Gigabyte C1037UN-EU + EHD + 4GB ram + 32GB SSD. Streamdev client only.BM2LTS

UNRAID - 110 TB storage, Supermicro X10SRL -F + Xeon E5-2680 v3 + 256 GB DDR4 ECC Ram.

• Sad news. Maybe this should get another thread in German here?

VDR itself is not "dead". The major problem is that important plugins are (at least partially) unmaintained and VDR without any plugins is pretty useless.

To get to tvheadends builtin functionality with VDR, you at least need:

• VDR itself
    • epgsearch plugin
    • live plugin (or similar webinterface solution)
    • eepg plugin
    • satip plugin
    • wirbelscan plugin (or other channelscan solution)
    • xmltv2vdr plugin or script
    • dynamite plugin
    • vnsi server plugin
    • streamdev plugin

And I'm pretty sure that I've missed some as I just had a pretty short look at tvheadend, so far.

The reason why I went back to VDR is, that tvheadend doesn't seem to have any way to detect schedule conflicts.

• TVHeadend is not always an option.
    For an example there are still people (decreasing number) using netceivers.

To use netceiver with TVH one needs also an SatIP backend and this is where the things start being complicated. VDR (even though older version) is much more acceptable solution.

I just hope that a developer with the needed knowledge and free time will continue keeping the VNSI alive.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Alexandro77 ()

• The author says that - in his opinion - VDR is kind of dead. However, I would assume the same applies to any other FTA/DVB based Live TV solution in the long-term since user preference seem to steadily shift towards VOD and streaming platforms.

To me the question is not whether TVH or VDR is the better solution, but how long will a Live-TV & recording solution survive in general.

Personally, I still watch Live-TV quite frequently. I don't need many of the extra bells & whistles of TVH and the pure combo of VDR and VNSI meets 99% of my demands and has been giving me a rock solid performance, even more with the improvements that came with the recent 2.4.0 release.

I hope a skilled programmer will pick up this great project and maintain VNSI in the future. Maybe there is also a slight chance the current maintainer will reconsider his decision.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!