Posts by Alexandro77

    Hi cinfo,

    First thank you for the new image.

    I am still using a heavily modified Reelbox with a relatively modern hardware in it and the last BM2LTS supporting HDE card.

    In this regard I have some questions to ask you for my case:

    1. Having in mind the 2020 BM2LTS is not supporting HDE anymore, does it mean I will have VDR output insted?

    2. May I switch from VDR interface to Kodi as it is the case with YAVDR?

    3. Will I be able to use the Reelbox display and the remote control as it was possible with your older distributions?

    4. What is the needed SSD size to install 2020 BM2LTS image? I remember your past images could be only installed on 120gb disk or larger? May I use 64 GB?

    Thank you for your answers in advance.

    Best regards.

    I have DD-Cine S2 PCI-e and 2 daughter boards connected to the main one.

    In order that I can have OSD via Kodi I need to have Primary DVB interdace set to 1 or 2.

    every time the system reboots the Primary DVB interface is again set to default (7).

    How can I set it properly?

    Thank you in advance.

    Best regards.

    Dear seahawk,

    Do you think a plugin/script for installing big picture with one click can be developed?

    I am sure such a plugin will be of great interest for many non-tech users and YaVDR will be completed as a full all-in-one system (for LiveTV, Media and Games).

    Hello seahawk,

    Tis is my ALSA custom sound configuration:

    Except the YaVDR server, there are also 4 more machines with libreelec installed around the house but the problem is only with the VDR. If I switch to Kodi on the server, the sound is fine. The absence of sound can only be experienced under VDR server after a wakeup from suspended output.

    The reason I need suspendoutput plugin is due to the fact that I would like to disengage a tuner from activity to give room of other clients and also for recordings (my timer list is not busy at all but for the sake of good order to prevent any possible scenario to run out of free tuners).

    Sadly cannot attach the syslog as it is 2mb large and pastebin also do not permit so many rows.

    In case you think I can detach softhddevice by any other method I would gladly do so. I do not necessarily need vdr-plugin-suspendoutput.

    Thank you for your input.

    Best regards

    Dear all,

    I am using vdr-plugin-suspendoutput. It is working good except I have the following issue. Whenever the output is suspended, no audio is presented after wakeup. To restore the sound I need not only to restart the VDR but to reboot the whole system.

    My frontend is vdr-plugin-softhddevice.

    Do I have an option to force audio after exit from suspendoutput mode?


    Dear All,

    I have 4 DVB-S tuners, each of them receiving 4 sat positions via diseqc 4x1 switch.

    1. 23.5 east

    2. 19.5 east

    3. 13.5 east

    4. 39.0 east

    I have the following configuration and everything is working as expected:

    Recently acquired a new tuner which will be separately connected to a dish, pointed at 1.0 west.

    Could you please let me know what additional diseqc lines should be added so that the 5th tuner can lock at 1.0 west position.

    Thank you very much in advance.

    Best regards.

    Wow, it is working now:

    I have executed the following command:


    sudo dpkg -i /home/vdr_2.2.0-13yavdr0~trustylocal1_amd64.deb

    It is so much better experience to have automatically selected audio and subtitles language now.

    Thank you so much for this patch and the overall help.

    What a fantastic board.

    Hope one day in the future it will be implemented in the next VDR versions and YaVDR distributions by default.

    Best regards.

    Hello again seahawk1986 ,

    I have successfully managed to compile the VDR with the patch following the steps you kindly provided.

    Now I have the following in my home directory:

    I understand that I have to install the VDR in the system.

    Which one do I need and how to proceed further?

    I can see that some plugins have been compiled as well.

    Once again, sorry for all the questions, but I am really a rookie in the Linux world.

    Thank you.

    Best regards


    I am still using VDR2.2.0 for my main server.

    Noticed that there is no Language code for Bulgarian implemented.

    As I have set preference for English audio, every time I switch to Bulgarian channel the audio/subtitle settings have to be amended so that I have Bulgarian audio or subtitles.

    Is there any way that I can set Bulgarian as a proffered language?

    Thanks in advance.

    Best regards.

    Thank you for your comment.

    I am really happy with my Digital Devices cards and do not plan on changing them for TBS for now.

    Already have purchased a Syba I/O Crest SI-PEX60016. WIll report how it works once I receive it and install it.


    Probably such a topic already exists but couldn't managed to find it.

    I am building a separate headless YaVDR server. The mainboard has only one PCI-Ex16 slot.

    I have 2x DD Cine S2 cards and one Duoflex. Obviously I have one PCI-E slot missing to accomodate both cards and I was wondering what you guys are using as an extender.

    There are many extenders/splitters on the market nowadays but I would like to avoid any "tests" and find a proven and tested model.

    Will be very gratefull for any comments and suggestions.

    Best regards.