softhddevice - jerky/bad frame order(?) playback for live/recorded sd mpeg2

• That's interesting. If you compare the video.c files of both Johns' original version and the pesintta fork, then you see that there are quite a lot of changes been done here. Probably one of the changes fixed your issue. Is there any issue for you to use the pesintta fork? In my opinion, this one has more features (better vaapi support incl. post-processing, HEVC support which is needed for German DVB-T2) and it seems to be more actively developed.

• I haven't done a git-bisect yet to find which commit fixes the problem but I've switched all my VDR boxes over to the pesintta fork now and so far everything is fine. I didn't realize how many different forks there were (vpp, openglosd, gles, hevc, etc). It would be great if instead of all these forks, we had one main branch with all support in one and you select what you need in the Makefile/config settings. But, unfortunately that seems unlikely.

• It would be great if instead of all these forks, we had one main branch with all support in one and you select what you need in the Makefile/config settings.

Yes, that would be fine.

vdr-User-# 755 to_h264 chk_r vdr-transcode github

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!