[minor annoyance] selection in timerlist jumps to end on timer modification

• Hi,

I am experiencing a minor annoyance when I modify a timer:

Let's assume that I select a timer in the middle of the timer list. Though it might not be relevant, let's specify that the timer is active and that it has been created by epgsearch. If I open the timer, add for example 20 minutes to the end time of the timer and close the timer, the timer is not anymore selected in the timer list, but the selection has jumped to the last timer of the timerlist.

Can anybody reproduce this on his vdr? If so, it might be worth considering whether this should not be changed in order to keep the selection on the modified timer when closing the timerview.

By the way, I am running vdr 2.1.7, but I saw this already on previous vdr versions.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

• First of all, thanks for your reply.

Is it the original vdr timer menu or the menu of epgsearch (if it makes a difference...)?

Good point: I am not able to find how to switch between the timerlist of epgsearch and the timerlist of vdr. I only found the deactivation of the "Schedule" of epgsearch and the "Use VDR's Timer edit menu" in epgsearch. I suppose that you mean the latter. But unfortunately, I don't see any difference setting "Use VDR's timer edit menu" to yes or no. The OSD to edit a timer (I am not talking about the timer list) seems to remain the same, regardless of that setting. Am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

• I just tested this with the original 2.1.7 Timers menu and was unable to observe the behavior you described.

Thanks Klaus for testing. Unfortunately, it seems that I did not identify the problem with enough precision.

Could anybody please also test the following:
    - Select an inctive timer
    - Activate it with the red button on the remote
    - Open it to get to the OSD to edit the timer
    - Close it again
    The selection jumps to the end of the timer list. In fact, further tests I performed later seem to indicate that activating the timer before opening it is crucial. In fact, if the step with the activation of the timer is missing, the problem did not occur on my system during my last tests.

Zitat

Must be either a plugin or a patch causing this.

I am also wondering whether I am not using the timer edit window of epgsearch, as I don't see any difference when I change the "Use VDR's timer edit menu" setting in epgsearch. According to the Help of epgsearch, it adds among others a field for the recording directory. Thus, my question: Does the original timer edit window from the VDR also have as its bottom configuration field a configuration line named "File"?

Thanks in advance for any reply and sorry for the inaccuracy of the starting message of this thread.

Cheers

• Still behaves as expected when I do this here.
    Maybe this depends on some fine detail of the timer's parameters.
    Can you provide a timers.conf file with which you can reproduce this? Together with exact instructions on how to do so.

Zitat

I am also wondering whether I am not using the timer edit window of epgsearch, as I don't see any difference when I change the "Use VDR's timer edit menu" setting in epgsearch. According to the Help of epgsearch, it adds among others a field for the recording directory. Thus, my question: Does the original timer edit window from the VDR also have as its bottom configuration field a configuration line named "File"?

Yes, that's part of VDR's "Edit timer" menu.

Klaus

• Sorry, I don't know anymore what to say:

I uninstalled the epgsearch plugin, which also removed the vdr-addon-seriestimer, to verify whether the problem also occurs without that plugin. I tried the procedure explained above which starts with the activation of the timer on various timers (about ten timers) and I was not able to reproduce it.

So I reinstalled the vdr-plugin-epgsearch plugin (with the inactive timer action patch) and tried to reproduce it again. From the about 20 trials I made, it happened only once. (I don't think that the inactive timer action patch is directly related to the problem as I saw the problem already sometimes before using the patch.)

Finally, I also installed the vdr-seriestimer and tried to reproduce the problem about twenty times without success.

If you still want me to send you my timers.conf, please let me know. But since I am not able to reproduce the problem reliably myself, I don't want to waste your time.

I will add more information to this thread, when I happen to know more about the problem.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!