[yaVDR 0.5] Freezes randomly

• Hi all,

I have little problem with my yaVDR 0.5 what I installed today. It's freezes randomly and I don't know why. Where I can look what may cause this? First I thinked that problem is this vdr-plugin-softhddevice (experimental) but I changed that to vdr-sxfe@vdr-plugin-xineliboutput, that didn't helped.

My specs are: Fujitsu-Siemens ESPRIMO P5625 EPA, 40GB + 2T, 8GB RAM, Asus GT520, 2x Terratec Cinergy C PCI HD CI, TechnoTrend USB-IR, Card Reader TBS3102

Here is little bit of syslog before freeze:

My friend have also exactly same computer but different gpu and hard drive and his system also randomly freezes. Sometimes 0.4 do same but not so often.

Edit.

I run about 10 hours memtest and all if fine and also updated new bios. Let's see what happens. But help is needed.

• Hi,

Little more log before freezing:

• My friend have also exactly same computer but different gpu and hard drive and his system also randomly freezes. Sometimes 0.4 do same but not so often.

Hi, what does freeze exactly mean?

Frozen Video, fixable with a restart of the frontend or does the box freeze completly, so no reaction anymore, no ssh login possible, only fixable with a hard reset?

Regards
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

• Hi,

My VDR is freezing totally. Web interface and ssh is not working. So maybe this is hardware problem. I will try with new ATX power and see what happens.

i had such a freeze recently. ssh did not work anymore, but the connection was not closed.
    I could still ping the box.
    Had it once, no logs in syslog.

Buti saw some segfaults of VDR some time before after i added Hauppauge Nova-S-Plus

(gt601,Hauppauge S+, DD cine quad. Asus AMD Board)

• perusmuro

You need to look into your mainboard's manual, but I would say this connection is that one which does allow the mainboard to control the PSU, in consumer devices rarely more than its fans. This has no impact to the power supply of your components in the computer, but if connected it does obviously harm the stability of that one.

Regards
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• perusmuro

You need to look into your mainboard's manual, but I would say this connection is that one which does allow the mainboard to control the PSU, in consumer devices rarely more than its fans. This has no impact to the power supply of your components in the computer, but if connected it does obviously harm the stability of that one.

Regards
    fnu

Hi,

Thanks for that. I found that manual: http://i.imgur.com/kwd7W.png

And seems that you are right but system is now stabilize so if something got broken I bought new HW.

• Thanks for that. I found that manual: http://i.imgur.com/kwd7W.png

And seems that you are right but system is now stabilize so if something got broken I bought new HW.

It looks like a Fujitsu board D2721
    Isn't the plug you unplugged named "Power supply control" on the diagram?
    Maybe it powers down the board in away linux is not aware?
    Have you ask the vendor or reseller für more information?

The german article
    http://newsgroups.derkeiler.co…isc/2005-07/msg00373.html
    says, that there are just Fan Control, Tacho and SMBUS Signals from/for the power supply on the "Power supply control" plug.
    So maybe the supply is broken (fan blocked?) and an emergency shutdown is attempted?
    In the BIOS is an error loging feature. Maybe you can find some information?
    Fujitsu offers a bootable free hardware test utlity for the boards on the support page. Give it try.

• Hi,

I found that Bios error log but that was empty. I also got new power but still I got these random freezes. Now I have tested hard drives, temperatures, memorys. So motherboard and processor are only what I have left... But this computer is only AMD computer so those testing are little bit difficult... Maybe I need buy new components...

Edit.

I think that i found solution.

I added this command to rc.local: /usr/bin/nvidia-smi -pm 1

That command make that nvidia kernel -module is not removed when X make shutdown.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!