Beiträge von perusmuro

Hi,

What is changed in yaVDR 0.6.0 installation? I installed this system yesterday and today made reinstallation. Now Nvidia card not recognize anymore.

Code
    dpkg-query -l | grep nvidia
    rc  nvidia-304                            304.131-0ubuntu0.14.04.1                     amd64        NVIDIA legacy binary driver - version 304.131
    ii  nvidia-352                            352.63-0ubuntu0.14.04.1                      amd64        NVIDIA binary driver - version 352.63
    ii  nvidia-common                         1:0.2.91.11                                  amd64        transitional package for ubuntu-drivers-common
    rc  nvidia-libopencl1-304                 304.131-0ubuntu0.14.04.1                     amd64        NVIDIA OpenCL Driver and ICD Loader library
    rc  nvidia-opencl-icd-304                 304.131-0ubuntu0.14.04.1                     amd64        NVIDIA OpenCL ICD
    ii  nvidia-settings                       331.20-0ubuntu8                              amd64        Tool for configuring the NVIDIA graphics driver

Code
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GK107 [GeForce GT 630 OEM] (rev a1)

Code
    dmesg | grep nvidia
    [    2.206869] nvidia: module license 'NVIDIA' taints kernel.
    [    2.209845] nvidia: module verification failed: signature and/or  required key missing - tainting kernel
    [    2.226441] [drm] Initialized nvidia-drm 0.0.0 20150116 for 0000:01:00.0 on minor 0
    [    2.226894] nvidia 0000:01:00.0: irq 50 for MSI/MSI-X
    [   16.911900] nvidia 0000:01:00.0: irq 50 for MSI/MSI-X

Default there is no xorg.conf but I have created that using command

Code
    sudo nvidia-xconfig

I have also tried reinstall drivers 304, 352 and use different kernels 3.19 and 4.2.

Paulaner

I think that now I got this working.

Run also first make clean and make distclean if you are going to use old downloaded packages and made something already.

First

Then

Code
    make

CTRL+C and check that you got something in ./v4l/.config file.

Now paste this code in the end

And if you want to activate that CONFIG_LIRC_SERIAL module put in config CONFIG_LIRC_SERIAL=m

When you have made these changes you can also run again script example ./v4l/tbs-x86_64.sh if you want but I think that is not needed necessary.

Then run make again and now you should see in last that there text found 531 modules and if this is not working you see only found 530 modules.

Code
    make

And last

Code
    sudo make install

y is only when you activate that section like CONFIG_STAGING, if you want to activate module you need use m.

You can also find these same CONFIG_STAGING text in default .config file which has created after this make which you has stopped. You can also change there CONFIG_STAGING=y and CONFIG_LIRC_STAGING=y and CONFIG_LIRC_SERIAL=m.
    Or something else module which you will need.

Tell if this helps. Now I need resolve why gpu is not regonize anymore.

I have this same problem. Yesterday when I installed system and start using it worked fine. But when I broken that I made reinstall now screen stays black. Now 0.6.0 not regonize Nvidia card anymore. 0.5 works fine so this is not hardware issue. I don't know what is changed but something is.
    Tried reinstall nvidia drivers 304, 352, tested dev versions too. Make new xorg.conf. Tested vivid and wily lts kernels. No solution yet.

Aah ok, this is kernel problem then. Good to know.

Edit. These open source drivers works but don't know why not get picture.
    https://github.com/ljalves/linux_media/wiki

Edit2. Also tried Crazycat drivers
    https://bitbucket.org/CrazyCat/linux-tbs-drivers

But same problem which has TBS driver but readed that CrazyCat drivers are almost same that TBS drivers and uses same tree.

Edit3. make config
    ./scripts/fix_kconfig.pl
    There's a known bug with the building system with this kernel. Working around.

I dont need any firmwares. Only make those modules.

Paulaner your problem is that when you make those driver before that you need run menuconfig and activate which modules you want to do. That is now problem with this new 0.6 because its only make 2 modules not any more. Like this make didn't read that config which you make in menuconfig.

Hi,

I have used many years yavdr but now I just no longer understand what I am doing wrong. I have installed 0.6.0 and when I start install newest TBS drivers I can make all installation option including this make menuconfig. I need make that because I need use Technotrend USB-IR module. When I activated this in menuconfig and start make, it only make few modules (2) and then that is ready. Now I don't know what I am doing wrong.
    https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TBS6280#Compiling

Card is TBS6285 but installation is same way.

I've got a similar issue with the linux-tbs-drivers and my Homebrew-Serial-IR-Receiver. After installation the linux-tbs-drivers the remote control doesn't work.
    The only way that I know and use to solve this issue is to save the "original" lirc kernel module before I compile the linux-tbs-drivers.
    After installation of the linux-tbs-drivers you can copy back the "original" (saved) lirc kernel module and make a reboot.

You can try it and I hope this will help you. 8)

Paulaner

Is the correct location to save this: /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/staging/lirc ?

Hi,

I bought TBS6285 DVB-card. I used these drivers: http://www.tbsdtv.com/download…linux-drivers_v140323.zip
    I got card working fine but now my remote is not anymore working. :wand

So how I can start solving this case?

I am using TechnoTrend USB IR receiver tt-usbir.

lsusb show this:

Code
    Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0b48:2003 TechnoTrend AG

sudo modprobe lirc_ttusbir

Code
    FATAL: Error inserting lirc_ttusbir (/lib/modules/3.2.0-60-generic/kernel/drivers/staging/media/lirc/lirc_ttusbir.ko): Invalid argument

dmesg | grep ir

Code
    [  537.690293] lirc_ttusbir: module is from the staging directory, the quality is unknown, you have been warned.
    [  537.690397] lirc_ttusbir: disagrees about version of symbol lirc_register_driver
    [  537.690401] lirc_ttusbir: Unknown symbol lirc_register_driver (err -22)
    [  913.303717] lirc_ttusbir: module is from the staging directory, the quality is unknown, you have been warned.
    [  913.303818] lirc_ttusbir: disagrees about version of symbol lirc_register_driver
    [  913.303822] lirc_ttusbir: Unknown symbol lirc_register_driver (err -22)
    [ 1298.105406] lirc_ttusbir: module is from the staging directory, the quality is unknown, you have been warned.
    [ 1298.105509] lirc_ttusbir: disagrees about version of symbol lirc_register_driver
    [ 1298.105513] lirc_ttusbir: Unknown symbol lirc_register_driver (err -22)

Edit2.

Now I have noticed that when I run this command I got Lirc working:

Code
    sudo ln -s /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/staging/media/lirc /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/staging/lirc

But then TBS6285 card is not working anymore.

Edit3.

I noticed that when I installed that TBS-driver package that replaced yaVDR lirc-drivers. It's possible to someway install those back?

Edit4. Linux-dkms works but after that card is missing... So how I can install those TBS and preventing that tt-usbir overwrite?