How to change between vdr-frontend and XBMC with one button press

• Hi,

I want to be able to change between vdr-frontend and XBMC with one button press. I want it to be only one button and it should toggle between vdr-frontend and XBMC. I know this can be done with irexec. I've read about problems people have had when using scripts that kill vdr-frontend without doing the frontend closing properly.

Can someone share a script that would do this The Right Way?

• Your will find here a script wich should helps you. Point 4 is for the irexec command.

It solveds (not in the best bay) the kill xine problem and gives you a key for the remote for changing between xine/vdr-sxfe and xbmc.

You can read it in German?

Proxmox VE, Tyan Xeon Server, OMV, MLD-Server 5.1
    MLD 5.1 64bit: Asus AT5iont-t, ION2, 4GB Ram, SSHD 2,5" 1Tb, HEX TFX 300W 82+, Cine S2 V6.2 , 38W max.
    Yavdr 0.5:
    Zotac D2550ITXS-A-E mit GT610 OB, TT S2-4100 PCI-e ,Joujye NU-0568I-B
    Yavdr 0.5:
    Sandy Bridge G840, Tests und Energieverbrauch , CoHaus CIR, Cine S2 V6.2
    MLD 5.1 Beebox N3150
    , DVBSky S960 und 1Tb WD Blue

• Zitat

Originally posted by Torsten73
    Your will find here a script wich should helps you. Point 4 is for the irexec command.

It solveds (not in the best bay) the kill xine problem and gives you a key for the remote for changing between xine/vdr-sxfe and xbmc.

You can read it in German?

I can't understand German but luckily I don't have to because of Google. For some reason I hadn't found that thread earlier. I will try with the instructions there.

Thanks a lot!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!