Beiträge von mbacon

Hi,

I installed yaVDR 0.5 to a pc with Terratec Cinergy C PCI HD. I can see that /dev/dvb/adapterX gets created and works as expected but there is no input device for the IR receiver in the DVB card. With my previous yaVDR 0.3 there was a node created to /dev/input for the IR receiver but not anymore. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Zitat

Originally posted by Torsten73
    Your will find here a script wich should helps you. Point 4 is for the irexec command.

It solveds (not in the best bay) the kill xine problem and gives you a key for the remote for changing between xine/vdr-sxfe and xbmc.

You can read it in German?

I can't understand German but luckily I don't have to because of Google. For some reason I hadn't found that thread earlier. I will try with the instructions there.

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

I want to be able to change between vdr-frontend and XBMC with one button press. I want it to be only one button and it should toggle between vdr-frontend and XBMC. I know this can be done with irexec. I've read about problems people have had when using scripts that kill vdr-frontend without doing the frontend closing properly.

Can someone share a script that would do this The Right Way?

Fair enough. :)

What about the other way around? If I install plain Ubuntu 10.04 and then install the yaVDR stuff from yaVDR repositories? As I understand it, then I would miss the fast startup (not an issue since I plan to keep the machine on 24/7) and yaVDR Web frontend. I would have to do a whole lot of VDR related configuring by hand. This shouldn't be impossible since I can see from the settings template system what kind of things the web interface sets and do it manually myself instead.

I understand that I shouldn't expect any support from you if I do this, but does this seem like something feasible?

I decided not to use tha ATI card at all, so now I only use the nVidia card and after some tuning I got HDMI audio etc. working.

However, I would not like to waste all the processing power my quad core processor offers, so I was wondering if anyone has installed X desktop to their yaVDR setup? Does anyone know of any tutorial of the matter or if there is none, could someone point me to the right direction how to install X along side with yaVDR? Is it a simple case of installing some .deb packages or is there some expert level configuring involved?

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply! I will try this as soon as I have the time.

The primary use of the PC is to use it as a HTPC but for some very rare occasions it would be nice to use it for gaming. The ATI card is far more suitable for gaming than the nVidia.

I assembled the PC a few months ago and at that time I still had an office room. Now the room will become a room for my son so the PC will have to move to the living room and I have to get a laptop. It would be a shame to have all the power of 4-core Intel i5-750 and not to be able to play some modern game every now and then.

But I agree, it doesn't make sense to have dual boot with yaVDR. That doesn't mean that I don't want to do it anyway. :)

Hi,

I have ATI HD4770 display card in the primary PCIe x16 slot of my Asus P7P55D motherboard and an nVidia GT220 display card in the secondary PCIe x16 slot of the motherboard.

I have dual boot with Windows 7 and yaVDR Linux.

Currently whenever I boot to yaVDR, I get no picture from either of the cards. Is it somehow possible to tell yaVDR (and Linux in general) to use the nVidia display card from the secondary PCIe slot?