dvd-plugin not working

• I have VDR installed in Ubuntu Edgy, tv-out via TT S2300 FF-card. There are installed subtitles-plugin, mplayer-plugin, femon-plugin and games-plugin from e-tobis.

Now I tried to get dvd-plugin working. Installation was ok, but when I try to start dvd-watching VDR just turns black and mute for a while and then returns back to last channel.

Dvd works with mplayer-plugin, so I guess css-library and file rights are ok? (Anyway I wuold prefer dvd-plugin to get all the dvd-menus working.)

Where could I start finding the problem with dvd-plugin?

• Did you give the correct dvd device as startup parameter?

--dvd=<DEV>

Default is /dev/dvd.

• Zitat

Originally posted by wirbel
    Did you give the correct dvd device as startup parameter?

--dvd=<DEV>

Default is /dev/dvd.

Thank you! For some reason there was "-C /var/cache/vdr/dvd" in the file plugin.dvd.conf. After I changed it to
    "-C /dev/dvd"
    dvd started working.

Unfortunately dvd sound is still missing:-(

• Zitat

Originally posted by cokekola

Thank you! For some reason there was "-C /var/cache/vdr/dvd" in the file plugin.dvd.conf. After I changed it to
    "-C /dev/dvd"
    dvd started working.

Unfortunately dvd sound is still missing:-(

I´m affraid my joy was premature :( After restarting the computer problem was back again.

I noticed that dvd-plugin will work if I first stop the VDR
    $ sudo /etc/init.d/vdr stop
    and then restart it again
    $ sudo /etc/init.d/vdr stop

This seem odd enough for a newbie!

Any ideas what could be wrong?

P.S. The sounds started working with dvd after checking "setup - dvb - use dolby digital = no".

• Zitat

Original von cokekola
    P.S. The sounds started working with dvd after checking "setup - dvb - use dolby digital = no".

If you don't have a dolby digital reciver connected to your VDR (on the J2 of the full-fatured DVB Card) AND you don't pipe the ac3 sound through command-line option "-a" of vdr (or using some plugin) - you simply will not hear anything when an ac3 audio channel is selected.

Most DVDs have such a channel and i think it is picked by default. Only some TV stations have AC3.

Regards, Felix

PS: Use the green button in VDRs main menu to switch audio channel while playing.

Asrock A75 Pro4-M
    Debian wheezy (testing, stock) (aktuell 2012-08-24: Linux 3.2, VDR 1.7.28)
    vdr-sxfe (xineliboutput)
    Pioneer VSX-520-K

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!