Beiträge von cokekola

Zitat

Originally posted by cokekola

Thank you! For some reason there was "-C /var/cache/vdr/dvd" in the file plugin.dvd.conf. After I changed it to
    "-C /dev/dvd"
    dvd started working.

Unfortunately dvd sound is still missing:-(

I´m affraid my joy was premature :( After restarting the computer problem was back again.

I noticed that dvd-plugin will work if I first stop the VDR
    $ sudo /etc/init.d/vdr stop
    and then restart it again
    $ sudo /etc/init.d/vdr stop

This seem odd enough for a newbie!

Any ideas what could be wrong?

P.S. The sounds started working with dvd after checking "setup - dvb - use dolby digital = no".

Zitat

Originally posted by wirbel
    Did you give the correct dvd device as startup parameter?

--dvd=<DEV>

Default is /dev/dvd.

Thank you! For some reason there was "-C /var/cache/vdr/dvd" in the file plugin.dvd.conf. After I changed it to
    "-C /dev/dvd"
    dvd started working.

Unfortunately dvd sound is still missing:-(

I have VDR installed in Ubuntu Edgy, tv-out via TT S2300 FF-card. There are installed subtitles-plugin, mplayer-plugin, femon-plugin and games-plugin from e-tobis.

Now I tried to get dvd-plugin working. Installation was ok, but when I try to start dvd-watching VDR just turns black and mute for a while and then returns back to last channel.

Dvd works with mplayer-plugin, so I guess css-library and file rights are ok? (Anyway I wuold prefer dvd-plugin to get all the dvd-menus working.)

Where could I start finding the problem with dvd-plugin?

Hi,

I have VDR, lirc and remote-plugin working otherwise fine, but I have a little problem with remote control behavior:

VDR seems to interprete every remote-control keystroke as two strokes. If I press key "1" on remote-control, VDR changes channel to 11. If I press key "up", VDR changes by two channels, or jumps two items on menu-list depending on status.

I have tested lirc with "irw" running same time with VDR. Even if there seems to be one output for remote keystroke according to irw, VDRtakes it as two strokes.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Basic setup:
    Ubuntu 6.10 + vdr + TT C1500 (+ "silver" remote control) + TT S2300 FF
    Lirc is not in use, but TT C1500's own remote control.

Problem:

When starting vdr, it will ask on tv-screen to setup remote control by pressing different remote control keys. This works ok.

After the remote key setup, vdr will show after a long pause RTL-channel on tv-screen, but remote will NOT work.

What could be wrong?

Does someone have a working similar setup? Is there somewhere a working remote.conf for this setup (NOT lircd.conf!)