Directing channels to cards

• I am having problems adjusting LinVDR to work with a new DVB card. At the moment I have FF as DVB1 and capture Hotbird (TPS). Now I have added a second card to receive Astra 1. Everything works ok (!!) except the picture for C+nal is black. VDR signal information says that C+nal channels are encrpyted with Viaccess, I see a video date rate of the right size (not always Audio data rate). TPeS - which is Viaccess - decrypts without any problems. So does anyone know how I can tell VDR to run the encrypted signal from card 2 through the cam modules on card 1.
    KingofSat indicates the C+nal is encrpyted with Seeca or mediagard, and not Viaccess. Does anyone know which one is correct?i
    I suppose it might also be the same problem I'm having with the Free-To-Air channels from Astra. They arrive via card 2 and then are lost; because it seems VDR likes the Free-to-air channels to arrive at card 1. Does anyone know how, or where, I can tell VDR to accept free to air on card 2?
    I have spent a long time without success trying to find out where VDR keeps information about which card can deal with which channel now that the ca.conf file is redundant.
    Any help would be very welcome.
    Thanks.

• Hello,

i don't really know, if i understand, what's your problem.
    But if you use 2 dvs-s cards with different sources (astra + hotbird), then plain vdr will not handle this correct. you must use a patched vdr with the "sourcecaps"-patch and the correct entrys in "setup.conf".

Greeting
    Frank

• That's interesting. How do you use the "sourcecaps" patch? I',m using LinVDR and I have patched it up to version 1.3.37. Can you explain what does sourcecaps does?
    I guess the problem is "how do I make sure vdr looks to the right card, and decryption process, for the selected channel. And also what system does C+nal use? Because if its not Viaccess then I need another cam module.
    Thanks Franck.

• hi pinklynx,

to configure the source caps patch you have to add these lines to your /etc/vdr/setup.conf :

Code
    SourceCaps = 1 S19.2E S28.2E
    SourceCaps = 2 S19.2E

= "Use card 1 for Astra1 and Astra2 and use card 2 for Astra1 only."

The "1" is the number of your dvb device and the "S19.2E" in this example is the position of astra1.

2.6.29-gentoo-r5, vdr-1.7.9, xine-vdpau-284, vdr-xine 0.93 - 5050e, M3A78-EM, Postville, 2xTTS21600

PearlHD text2skin

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!