DVB card for Windows... Connecting XBOX and VHS?

• Hello!

I have a friend who uses Windows and would like to get a TV card. He has stronger computer (at least > 1GHz) and a LCD monitor.

He wants to use the computer as a normal desktop and also do these things:

- Connect the XBOX to the LCD monitor
    - Connect his old VHS recorder to the computer and digitalize old tapes
    - and of course watch DVB-s on his LCD

Regarding the XBOX:

I don't think one can directly connect the XBOX to an LCD monitor, right? So he would have to connect the XBOX to the computer? Is this possible.

Regarding VHS:

Should be no problem to do this. It'd be good if he had a dvb card with a mpeg2 encoder so his computer wouldn't have to encode. Is there such a card? I think the Hauppauge PVR has a mpeg2 encoder but is for analog TV only.

Any input highly appreciated!

Thank you

micmac

• You cannot connect your analog XBox to your digital DVB-S-Card (afaik).

You need a least another card providing a (analog) composite video input to connect the xbox or vhs (or you could use an external device connected via USB or Firewire).

Try http://www.pinnaclesys.com

Deus

VDR: Activy 300 (733MHz, 256MB, 160GB, TT 1.6, AVB 1.3), Gen2VDR 1.2

• Thanks for your reply!

How about using the graphics card for this? Let's say you got a graphics card with video in (say s-video). For sure you can grab the stream and encode it to another format in software.
    Could you also display the stream (whatever it is, be it xbox video or an old vhs vid) on your monitor in fullscreen? If that's the case what software would you use?

Thank you

Sebastian

• displaying this "stream" depends on the original software delivered with your video/gfxcard. Full size video-overlay should be possible.... just give it a try..

VDR: Activy 300 (733MHz, 256MB, 160GB, TT 1.6, AVB 1.3), Gen2VDR 1.2

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!