Windows Media Center + activy, Help!

• Dear friends;

I have bought an activy 370. I cannot use the system to the full here in Denmark. I have bought a new hard disk and attempted to install Windows Media Center 2005. It does not boot from the CD. I tried to load the system in another computer and transfer the disk, no luck. Can anyone help me?

Daniel

• Hello Daniel,

I'm not shure but try to install the Windows on the other System and copy the System Files to Disk.
    Stop the Installation when the Windows Installation try to reboot and install the Hardware....

Now transfer the Disk into the Activy and boot the Windows.
    The Installation should now install the Hardware an finish the installation.

A other Way is to make an Nero Image File (Image Recorder) and patch it with this tool and burn a new Windows CD.....

Greetings
    Thomas

• Thank you Thomas! I have tried the "other computer" way. Did not help (probably the HAL question. I shall now try your second suggestion.

Daniel

• Dear Thomas;

I have burnt the image and run the Patch but it says: "Patch position not found!". Suggestions?

Daniel

• Hello Daniel,

try to burn the image to Harddisk in the same folder like the patch Software.

Thomas

Edit: I have test the patch with a Windows XP CD-Rom and it works fine..

the image name was image.nrg and I enter in the dos promt pat_nrg image.nrg

sorry about my bad english :D

• Dear Thomas;

I did that. The program runs for a couple of minutes (searching....) and then writes: "Patch position not found !"

Daniel

• Dear Thomas;

I do understand your english (I wish my german was as good as you english :D )
    I did just as you explain. What does the program say when the patch is applied?
    Can I change my BIOS?

Daniel

• Thank you. I tried it yesterday, does not work (I get an "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_...." message. Installation aborts

Daniel :§$%

• OK, I just do not get that result but the "Patch position not found! message. I shall continue tomorrow (got to work)

Daniel

• Dear Thomas;

Thank you for your patience. I discovered the new cd did not have boot files, so I downloaded them, included in the compilation and now I can boot but get the following message:

"CDBOOT cannot boot from cd code: 4"

Suggestions. Can I get the boot files from the original CD?

Thank again

Daniel

• Dear Thomas;

The CD is indeed bootable. (it is a LEGAL, ORIGINAL, PAYED FOR OEM Disk)
    Apparently Nero does not copy the boot files.

Daniel

• Zitat

Original von Danieldk
    Dear Thomas;

The CD is indeed bootable. (it is a LEGAL, ORIGINAL, PAYED FOR OEM Disk)
    Apparently Nero does not copy the boot files.

Daniel

How did you copy the CD?

You should have made an ISO out of the MCE CD and then patched it with patch_nrg. After this burn the patched ISO to CD.

arghgra

• It is not that simple. If you just make an image, the boot files do not get copied. Now I have extracted them with ISOBUSTER and am burning another one, lets see....

I tried that, does not work. I am afraid that if I can not obtain a new bios, I am screwed up!

Daniel

• Zitat

Original von Danieldk
    It is not that simple. If you just make an image, the boot files do not get copied. Now I have extracted them with ISOBUSTER and am burning another one, lets see....

I tried that, does not work. I am afraid that if I can not obtain a new bios, I am screwed up!

Daniel

Hmm, never of heard of that?!?! Some kind of a new copy-proptection?

arghgra

• if you can boot from the 1st disk, copy all files and folder from the CD on a 2nd hdd (also the hidden files) connect the 2nd Hdd as Slave, insert the hdd in the bios, boot from the 1st -> break the boot and go into the shell - change to the hdd and call setup from the install folder.

Good luck

otherwise, connect a fdd at the mainboard, use e.g. Xp boot disk set or W98 should be also enough. Boot with CD Rom driver - look at the screen with Char the mscdex driver become , change on Cd - search setup and execute it...

Hardware : Hewlett500 130mm Geh.,DVB-C,PVR350,Nova-T,MVP,248*128 GLCD,DVD NEC 3540,Intel 2,4Ghz mit Pipe101&SK2,Asus P4P800VM,512RAM,Powermate,STB-Erw.,mod. Hardware Wakeup von Steini,2*MVP

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Wesie ()

• Dear Friends;

I DID IT!!!!!

The solution was to take an image from the net and apply pat_nrg.exe to it and burn it. Apparently I have been making mistakes in extracting the boot files or MS tries to make life difficult. Summa Summarum: it is possible.

NOW, where do I find the drivers? :D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!