LinVDR & Activy (Newbie)

• Hi all,
    I am looking at installing LinVDR on an Activy 300 - I get the impresion that it should be fairly easy and will only involve patching the .iso with a special prog to allow it to boot on the Activiy.

BUT

I will want to make some changes to the basic install - how could this bewst be done? - Can I log in via the network? :(

Would I be better off trying another approach?

Thanks for your help / ideas in advance.

• i´m not aware if the activy has an vga-out. in case it has, connect a monitor to your activy and you can set up linvdr by keying in user: root, pw: linvdr.

otherwise you can connect via lan with putty or winscp from your win-pc just by keying in the ip-adress and user: linvdr pw: linvdr. than you will have the command-shell on your win-pc and you can administrate your linvdr as you want.

regards
    charly

Zotac Ion ITX mit Celeron (CULV) und Geforce 9, L4m Twin, Atric Rev. 4, OneForAll URC 7960, YAVDR 0.5 stable mit Diseqc, ADATA 40 GB SSD, 1,5 TB Seagate

• Hello,

Zitat

I will want to make some changes to the basic install

Which ones?

Zitat

how could this bewst be done?

You can install Debianpackages via "debtool", but be careful, many packages will kill your system because they overwrite busybox.

Zitat

Can I log in via the network? :(

Of course, sshd is running per default, accepting root connects.

Oh, and be careful on the console, you have a german keyboard layout.

Bye, Mirko

• Zitat

Original von Blackbeard
    I am looking at installing LinVDR on an Activy 300 - I get the impresion that it should be fairly easy and will only involve patching the .iso with a special prog to allow it to boot on the Activiy.

search for pat_nrg.exe, this allows you to change the catalog type (or
    was it the publisher?) of the linvdr iso and then the bix boots from this cd.

-- randy

• Zitat

Originally posted by Blackbeard
    Thanks for so much feeback so quickly. :D

As regards the changes I will need to put some config filse for UK cable networks in etc.

Hi,

that should be fairly easy. AFAIK the only localised item is the channels.conf which is located in /etc/vdr/.
    You can either upload the file to the vdr through a samba mount or scp over the network or read it from USB (not sure if USB works), CD/DVD or floppy disk.

Once LinVDR is installed you can login to the box as an ordinary Linux PC.

Bye Jo

yaVDR 0.7, ASRock Q1900M, Zotac GT630 1GB, DD Cine S2 V6.5, 2x2GB, 64 GB SSD, PicoPSU 80W, MeanWell Netzteil 90W mit eingebautem Tinnitus, HAMA MCE-Remote Control

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!