5.1 output with sblive & dtt2500

• First at all, i want to congratulate all the people in this forum.
    You make a good work!
    I'm a french guy that's why i'm using english language.

I hope there will be someone who could explain me: how to have 5.1 output with my configuration.
    I have tried several things and nothing seems to work:
    - ac3overdvb doesn't work for me
    - bitstreamout, the same.

so, i think i could try the -a setting of VDR.

Here is my configuration:
    - Hauppauge Nexus DVB-s 2.1
    - SBLive 1024 (with coaxial digital output)
    - DTT2500 Creative 5.1 speakers
    - VDR 1.1.22
    - ALSA Drivers 0.90rc6 installed
    - emu10k1 drivers from sf.net installed

What must i do to have 5.1 output through the S/PDIF of the sblive?

thanks in advance
    eclipsedvd

• Hi you missout the important details about you system to help you directly but how should one know that does not know :)

OK the basic thing is: do you
    1: want the PC to decode AC3 to 6 analog channels _OR_
    2. do you want to pass AC3 to some EXTERNAL (HARDWARE) AC Decoder

For case 1. OK that quite undokumented, you should be able to use VDR's -a option pass all AC3 to mplayer, whom you have to tell "-channels 6" and perhaps the right audio demuxer options (see mplayer mailing list)

For case 2. next question:
    do you want do "abuse" the SPDIF Output (Yes the connector is named SPDIF, the Data Format AC3), for all AC3 which might occur in your VDR BOX (from DVB,DVD or mplayer (avi files)):
    in that case you'll also want to modify transfer.c and uncomment the lines found by searching for " buffer empty" to add an extra buffer which is needed for extra AC3 handling. againe the mplayer mailinglist will help you to find the exact date when the AC3 passthrough to the DVB hardware SPDIF output was working in mplayer (it was broken with the new head driver but thats fixed, just check the date)
    the next is to install the AC3overDVB stuff, but for that make a new thread stating that you need (English) help on AC3overDVB and post what you allready did (played testfiles, tried tv stations, check your equipment for any sensfull mesage / information like tech specs of your DD reciever)

pm me if you need help on Case 1 (Software AC3 decoding) :)

C U
    MeMeD

--
    viel spass am geraet
    ---
    AMD1100/512 # 200GB-VDR # 220GB-DIVX #
    1.3 Siemens # 2.1 Haupauge(primary) # RH 7.3

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!