0.6.0 and TBS card + drivers [SOLVED]

• Hi,

I have used many years yavdr but now I just no longer understand what I am doing wrong. I have installed 0.6.0 and when I start install newest TBS drivers I can make all installation option including this make menuconfig. I need make that because I need use Technotrend USB-IR module. When I activated this in menuconfig and start make, it only make few modules (2) and then that is ready. Now I don't know what I am doing wrong.
    https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TBS6280#Compiling

Card is TBS6285 but installation is same way.

• Hi,

you probably just need the firmware.

Take a look at:
    TBS 6981 / Ubuntu 14.04 / Treiber / Aktiv ? Inaktiv ? im Kernel ?

Zitat

wget http://www.tbsdtv.com/download/document/…ers_v130901.zip
    unzip -p tbs-linux-drivers_v130901.zip linux-tbs-drivers.tar.bz2 | tar jxOf - linux-tbs-drivers/v4l/tbs6981fe_driver.o.x86_64 | dd bs=1 skip=10144 count=55486 of=dvb-fe-cx24117.fw

You need to adapt this to your card of course...
    Place the resulting *.fw file in /lib/firmware/

• Genau, das kann ich so bestätigen: :]
    Mit dem Einfügen der fehlenden Firmware "dvb-fe-cx24117.fw" gibt es sofort ein Bild mit meiner TBS-6981-DVB-Karte.
    Allerdings meine neuere TBS-DVB-PCI-Karte TBS-8922 funktioniert leider damit noch nicht. Da fehlen vermutlich noch die erforderlichen Treiber im Kernel!

In der nächsten Woche habe ich etwas Zeit, da werde ich mal versuchen den TBS-Treiber zu installieren.
    Ich hatte das schon mal kurz versucht, aber da funktionierte anschließend "lirc_serial" nicht mehr. Da muss ich noch suchen, wo da der Fehler ist!

Paulaner

• I dont need any firmwares. Only make those modules.

Paulaner your problem is that when you make those driver before that you need run menuconfig and activate which modules you want to do. That is now problem with this new 0.6 because its only make 2 modules not any more. Like this make didn't read that config which you make in menuconfig.

• perusmuro,
    yes, I know this issue with "make menuconfig" and then only build 2 modules. That's not an issue from yavdr-0.6, that's an issue with kernel >= 3.13.
    At the moment I haven't a solution for that, but I hope next week to make some tests to compile the linux-tbs-drivers with a working "lirc_serial".

Paulaner

• Aah ok, this is kernel problem then. Good to know.

Edit. These open source drivers works but don't know why not get picture.
    https://github.com/ljalves/linux_media/wiki

Edit2. Also tried Crazycat drivers
    https://bitbucket.org/CrazyCat/linux-tbs-drivers

But same problem which has TBS driver but readed that CrazyCat drivers are almost same that TBS drivers and uses same tree.

Edit3. make config
    ./scripts/fix_kconfig.pl
    There's a known bug with the building system with this kernel. Working around.

• perusmuro
    do you have test this workaround?
    When I tested this workaround (with kernel-3.16) I get the same error like without the workaround. It will compile only 2 modules! :(

Paulaner

• Paulaner

I think that now I got this working.

Run also first make clean and make distclean if you are going to use old downloaded packages and made something already.

First

Then

Code
    make

CTRL+C and check that you got something in ./v4l/.config file.

Now paste this code in the end

And if you want to activate that CONFIG_LIRC_SERIAL module put in config CONFIG_LIRC_SERIAL=m

When you have made these changes you can also run again script example ./v4l/tbs-x86_64.sh if you want but I think that is not needed necessary.

Then run make again and now you should see in last that there text found 531 modules and if this is not working you see only found 530 modules.

Code
    make

And last

Code
    sudo make install

y is only when you activate that section like CONFIG_STAGING, if you want to activate module you need use m.

You can also find these same CONFIG_STAGING text in default .config file which has created after this make which you has stopped. You can also change there CONFIG_STAGING=y and CONFIG_LIRC_STAGING=y and CONFIG_LIRC_SERIAL=m.
    Or something else module which you will need.

Tell if this helps. Now I need resolve why gpu is not regonize anymore.

• And if you want to activate that CONFIG_LIRC_SERIAL module put in config CONFIG_LIRC_SERIAL=m

So I've tested to compile the linux-tbs-drivers a second time, because I made at first a mistake: I used CONFIG_LIRC_SERIAL=y instead of CONFIG_LIRC_SERIAL=m. :evil:

Now with the correct "CONFIG_LIRC_SERIAL=m" it works with this really large workaround. 8)
    I've tested with kernel-3.16 and with the newest linux-tbs-drivers_v151229.

There is only one additionally thing, if lirc_serial doesn't work! In this case you have to copy the new created "lirc_serial.ko" from:
    /lib/modules/x.xx.xx-generic/kernel/drivers/linux/drivers/staging/lirc
    to
    /lib/modules/x.xx.xx-generic/kernel/drivers/staging/media/lirc/media/

perusmuro
    thanks for your help! :]
    I've also used a Nvidia-GeForce-GT630 grafik card and these card works very well with yavdr-0.6.0.
    There are no issues. Yavdr-0.6.0 installs a new nvidia-driver-version-352
    You can made a "apt-get update" and a "apt-get dist-upgrade" to get the newest driver.

Paulaner

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!