Bug in skindesigner Schedules menu (all skins affected)

• Hi Jinx,

now we found the bastard:

Code
    2015-05-10T07:52:18-07:00 [4370] skindesigner: SetItem 13 - Mon 11.05.2015

This is a day separator :wand

When i developed nOpacity, obviously i handeled this issue correctly (normally SetItemEvent is called by VDR, but in case of a day separator no event object is available, so SetItem() is called). But in parallel i developed a solution together with Wini, the author of the epgsearch Plugin, that EPGSearch (when replacing the original VDR schedules menu) also calls SetItemEvent and provides a Dummy event Object in case of a day separator. The skindesigner code is based on the nopacity code, but in this area some things have changed. So now skindesigner handles this not correctly anymore. Obviously everybody is using the epgsearch Plugin and replaces the schedules menu, so this bug was realized only by you ;)

As a quick fix: could you try to install the epgsearch Plugin and replace the original VDR schedules menu with the epgsearch schedules menu? Then the problems should be gone...for sure i'll also look for a proper implementation in skindesigner handling this case correctly in the next days...

Thanks for helping debugging ;) Cheers Louis

• lol!

Zitat

When i developed nOpacity, obviously i handeled this issue correctly (normally SetItemEvent is called by VDR, but in case of a day separator no event object is available, so SetItem() is called). But in parallel i developed a solution together with Wini, the author of the epgsearch Plugin, that EPGSearch (when replacing the original VDR schedules menu) also calls SetItemEvent and provides a Dummy event Object in case of a day separator. The skindesigner code is based on the nopacity code, but in this area some things have changed. So now skindesigner handles this not correctly anymore. Obviously everybody is using the epgsearch Plugin and replaces the schedules menu, so this bug was realized only by you ;)

Ahh, now it finally makes more sense! Until now it seemed really mysterious. I think it also explains why it worked randomly -- depends on what time of day I check Schedule, and if the day changes during that view? :)

Zitat

As a quick fix: could you try to install the epgsearch Plugin and replace the original VDR schedules menu with the epgsearch schedules menu? Then the problems should be gone...for sure i'll also look for a proper implementation in skindesigner handling this case correctly in the next days...

I tried this just to test but it only worked from main menu->Program Guide. When I set "replace original schedule" to yes and then opened the Schedule with the green button the remote, the broken Schedule was displayed, not the epgsearch version. Maybe there's a bug in epgsearch now @ replacing the stock Schedule with its own? At any rate, I'll wait for the proper fix since I don't want epgsearch replacing anything.

Zitat

Thanks for helping debugging ;) Cheers Louis

No, no! You did all the real work, I just pasted logs! Thanks 100x for the effort to solve this! Now we can finally have something to see in Schedule view again! The WAF will go back up now and everyone knows the higher the WAF, the better for everyone! :D

• Hi,

forgot to mention that you need the MainMenuHooks Patch that replacing the original VDR Menus by Plugins works properly. But however...just wait on my fix, then is is not necessary anymore.

Cheers Louis

• Hi Jinx,

i've now deactivated epgsearch, but i see no day separators in the schedules menu. Checking the VDR code itself shows that VDR does not provide day separators in the schedules menu. That means that you use a patch for that?! :§$% I found an old patch from 2006 which exactly provides this functionality, but this patch does not fit to VDR 2.0.0.

However, i've tried to fix the issue in the current version 0.4.6 "blindly"...if it is not working, provide me a valid patch for VDR 2.2.0 so that i can try it myself...

Cheers Louis

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!