MaxVideoFileSize

• Just set it to a higher value, vdr > 1.7.4 should allow nearly 1 TB file size, so setting for example 220 GB (MaxVideoFileSize = 220000) in your setup.conf should be fine and allow 24 hours long recordings (24 hours is the limit for recordings without user interaction resetting the timer's end time while the recording is running) at up to 20 Mbit/s without splitting the recording.

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

• It's very annoying.

Well, neither VDR nor OS does have any problems with these cropped containers ...

I still record to max. 1GB files up today, even smaller in the past. Keep in mind in case you want to transfer these recordings it's easier to deal with smaller containers.

Regards
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

• Unfortunately it appears the version in Debian wheezy is limited to 2GB files. I tried setting maxfilesize to 50GB and restarting, but it still chopped the recording at 2GB. :(

fnu, I don't watch the recordings in VDR. Currently I have to launch a new file several times in the middle of a show.

• Hello you can't edit the setup.conf while the vdr ist still running.
    You must first stop the vdr and then edit the setup.conf.

If you edit the setup.conf und restart vdr, your changes will not be saved in the config file.

Wohnzimmer: NUC10I3 - Logitech z-5500 - Panasonic 55" TV - Hauppauge Dual DVB-C Stick - Ubuntu 22.04 LTS - yavdr ansible
    Schlafzimmer: NUC10I3 - LG 42" TV - Hauppauge Dual DVB-C Stick - Ubuntu 22.04 LTS - yavdr ansible

Streamingserver: -im Aufbau-
    diverse Test Clients: -Raspberry Pi + openelec, i3 mit Geforce1030

• Thanks! I just checked and the file had reverted back to 2GB. This time I stopped VDR and edited the file.

If that doesn't work I plan on switching to Debian testing, which has a package for VDR 2.0.3. :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!