[Solved stopping vdr and with process-template]ERROR: unknown config parameter:... in yaVDR 0.4 with vdr-testing

• Hi.

I have those errors (in syslog) when the computer starts:

I made:

Code
    sudo process-template /var/lib/vdr/setup.conf

but the errors keeps on.

What else can I do to solve them?.

Thanks and regards.
    jbjbjb

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

• var/lib/vdr -> user vdr owner vdr

so : process-template --owner=vdr --group=vdr /var/lib/vdr/setup.conf

• process-template --owner=vdr --group=vdr /var/lib/vdr/setup.conf

var/lib/vdr -> user vdr owner vdr

so : process-template --owner=vdr --group=vdr /var/lib/vdr/setup.conf

Hi.

Done:

Code
    sudo process-template --owner=vdr --group=vdr /var/lib/vdr/setup.conf

but same result than before. Errors appear again in syslog after reboot.

Regards.
    jbjbjb

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

• Ok, I will delete the parameters or I will mark as comment line (#). I guess that there is a nonsense to keep them if they are not used.

Anyway, the last time I run:
    #> sudo process-template /var/lib/vdr/setup.conf

I lost all the vdr configuration I had made manually, and I had to reconfigure vdr. But this time, this behaviour does not have happened, and remains the configuration I had. Is that normal/correct?

Regards.
    jbjbjb

• Hi,

process-template restores the given file on base of the templates in /usr/share/yavdr/templates and your custom templates at /etc/yavdr/templates_custom. I don't think, that this is "the right thing (tm)" for the setup.conf, but at the moment, it is like it is.
    I think it depends if your vdr is running or not, while you start process-template.
    If vdr is running, the file gets changed but vdr will overwrite it at the next stop.
    Otherwise the file will be overwritten and your settings are lost.

Hm, we have to think about removing setup.conf from the templates.
    I will discuss this with the team.

Lars.

• Hi Lars.

You are absolutely right, I did "sudo stop vdr", then I launch "sudo process-template /var/lib/vdr/setup.conf", then rebooted, and after reboot the errors for parameters had dissapeared.

Thanks for the clue.

Regards.
    Javier

• Hi,

Digging through the events of yavdr, setup.conf will only be created with process-template after an install. (thanks hoplo!)
    On an upgrade, the setup.conf won't be overwritten.

It's just not a good idea to recreate the setup.conf with process-template unless you misconfigured your system and want a fresh start. :)

Anyway, if you have such messages of unknown parameters just delete them by hand if you don't want them. On the other side they don't really hurt...

Lars.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!