[SOLVED Rescanning channels with wirbelscan] ERROR: invalid value for parameter 'M' in yaVDR with VDR 1.7.26 (testing version)

• Hi.

The error of the subject has appeared since I updated VDR version to VDR 1.7.26 (testing version):

Code
    Mar 29 07:42:03 yaVDR04 vdr: [1168] ERROR: invalid value for parameter 'M'

This is my syslog:
    http://paste.ubuntu.com/905390/

There are some answers in another thread trying to solve the error, but no luck so far.

Regards.
    jbjbjb

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

• Hi Javier.

You can try the following to increase the watchdog.

Code
    /etc/default/vdr
    OPTIONS="-w 0"

Set the value 0 to 120.
    Let you know if it helped.

Albert

• jbjbjb

Since I'm also perplexed, I did dig a bit and found this thread: vdr-sxfe freezt beim Abspielen von Aufzeichnungen Yavdr

That guy had the same errors, which did obviously disappear after he did disable "vdr-plugin-extrecmenu". What plugins do you have running?

Code
    #/> vdr -V

Regards
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

• Hi.

Results for vdr -V:

Regards.
    jbjbjb

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

• And? Did it help?

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• Hi.

Done, but not difference in the syslog:

Code
    Mar 30 20:12:12 yaVDR04 vdr: last message repeated 2 times
    Mar 30 20:12:12 yaVDR04 vdr: [3842] ERROR: invalid value for parameter 'M'
    Mar 30 20:12:12 yaVDR04 vdr: [3848] ERROR: invalid value for parameter 'M'
    Mar 30 20:12:12 yaVDR04 vdr: [3851] ERROR: invalid value for parameter 'M'
    Mar 30 20:12:15 yaVDR04 vdr: [3852] channel 4 (CUATRO) event Vie 30.03.2012 20:00-20:45 'NOTICIAS CUATRO' status 4
    Mar 30 20:12:15 yaVDR04 vdr: [3849] channel 3 (Antena3 HD) event Vie 30.03.2012 20:00-21:00 'Atrapa un millón diario especial famosos' status 4
    Mar 30 20:12:16 yaVDR04 vdr: [3852] channel 6 (laSexta HD) event Vie 30.03.2012 19:55-20:49 'LASEXTA NOTICIAS 2ª EDICIÓN' status 4
    Mar 30 20:12:33 yaVDR04 vdr: [3759] ERROR: invalid value for parameter 'M'
    Mar 30 20:12:33 yaVDR04 vdr: [3851] ERROR: invalid value for parameter 'M'

Regards.
    jbjbjb

• Do what fnu asks for.

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• And? Did it help?

Gerald

When I arrive home tomorrow I will try to disable extrecmenu.

Regards.
    jbjbjb

• Hi.

I have done:

Code
    nano /etc/vdr/plugins/order.conf

Added the line:

Code
    -extrecmenu

And

Code
    sudo restart vdr

But afterwards the error keeps on.

Did I unplug well extrecmenu plugin?

Regards.
    jbjbjb

• Did I unplug well extrecmenu plugin?

Yes, you did, but I'm still the opinion, that one of the plugins may pollute syslog.

Do you use XBMC actively, means could you testwise disable "xvdr"?

Regards
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

• Yes, you did, but I'm still the opinion, that one of the plugins may pollute syslog.

Do you use XBMC actively, means could you testwise disable "xvdr"?

Regards
    fnu

No, I do not use XBMC. I try to disable "xvdr" then.

Regards.
    jbjbjb

• Done, but the error appears again in syslog.

Should I try one by one all the plugins?

Regards.
    jbjbjb

• Done, but the error appears again in syslog.

Back to the root. Did you changed your channel list, as I have suggested this to you? Link.
    Why do not uninstall the extrecmenu experimentally?

Albert

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von DaKilla ()

• Back to the root. Did you changed your channel list, as I have suggested this to you? Link.
    Why do not uninstall the extrecmenu experimentally?

Albert

Doing it...

I will report the results

Regards
    jbjbjb

• Well, after 30 minutes, only seven channels of the same mux of the channel I leave in channels.conf, had been found.

My wife is not as patient as me, so I will try that in another moment and I will report.

Thx.

jbjbjb

• My wife is not as patient as me, so I will try that in another moment and I will report.

I can understand it very well. This is surely something more spirited in Spain. :D

Albert

• Hi again.

After the try I made, deleting all channels in channels.conf, I recovered again the safety copy of channels.conf to watch tv, but the scheduled recordings had dissapeared and the plugin epg-search does not work again and it does not recover the scheduled recordings. (The plugin is activated to schedule automaticaly the recordings).

Can anyone help me to make it work again?

Thanks
    jbjbjb

• After the try I made, deleting all channels in channels.conf

Why that? I wrote:

Delete all channels except only one that works.

not all channels!

Better during the search, the timer should be empty.

Albert

• Hi
    I deleted all channels except the first one.

After 30 min. only appeared the channels of the mux in the channel that I did not delete.

After that I recovered the copy of my channels.conf but epg-search do not do his work scheduling again the recordings scheduled that were deleted in the process.

Now I am scheduling manually the next recordings to do. How can I restore the way of work of epg-search?

Regards
    jbjbjb

• How can I restore the way of work of epg-search?

If you lose the timer for any reason, you have to remove the epgsearch-internal list of completed timers.
    I think this goes via the OSD. Menu, search, actions, show created timers, delete all.

Albert

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!