softhddevice toggle surround sound

• Hi. Is it possible to toggle surround sound/stereo downmix on-the-fly? Currently you have to navigate through the VDR menus until you reach the downmix option in softhddevice, change it, change the channel, then change it back to the channel you were originally on. This is very inconvenient and would be far better if a downmix toggle option were available that could be mapped to a remote control button or something. If this doesn't exist then Johns, will you please consider adding it? Wouldn't it just be a matter of flipping the downmix flag and restarting the audio engine (or whatever)?

Many people don't leave their surround sound on 24/7 and/or may have noise considerations where using surround isn't wanted or isn't preferred. An easy way to toggle this on-the-fly from the remote control would be great!

• The README.txt contains a description how to toggle, enable or disable passthrough output using the keymacros.conf: http://projects.vdr-developer.….git/tree/README.txt#n312

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

• When I turn ac3 and eac3 passthrough on, leave ac3 downmix on, and then use that toggle I get either the downmixed audio (non-passthrough I guess), or static when passthrough is enabled. I am using an Nvidia card with only an HDMI cable to my receiver. My /etc/asound.conf is as follows:

pcm.!default {
    type hw
    card NVidia
    device 7
    }

That's it. When softhddevice passthrough it enabled I ultimately need the surround sound to go to my receiver as pcm. Could the problem be my asound.conf? If I could toggle downmix there wouldn't be any problems.

• "static" you mean noice? Than you must use AES to tell the receiver if it is AC3 codiert.

Search forum/google for AES AC3 SoftHdDevice.

Johns

Sag mir, wo die Developer sind. Wo sind sie geblieben? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . SoftHdDevice - A software and GPU emulated HD output device plugin.
    Sag mir, wo die Developer sind. Was ist geschehn?

Client0: Crown CW02 MSI_C847MS-E33 Zotac_GT640_passiv Cine-S2 iMon-MCE / streamdev softhddevice
    Client1: Lian_Li_PC-Q09FB ASRock_H67M-ITX/HT I3-2100 ASUS_ENGT520_passiv / streamdev softhddevice
    Test: Lian_Li_PC-Q09R Asus C60M1-I / streamdev
    Server0: Dockstar TT-S2-3600-USB / streamdev
    Server2: Lian_Li_PC-Q07R Intel_DH61DL G620 WD20EARX 90W PicoPSU Cine-S2+DuoFlex-S2+DuoFlex-CT / streamdev / 22 Watt Verbrauch

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!