New skin LCARS after update, is that right?

• Hi.

After last update of YaVDR 0.5, I can not display the default previous skin and I have by default LCARS?. Is that correct? or did I make something wrong when I updated YaVDR?

Regards.
    jbjbjb

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

• What was your previous skin?
    The skin shouldn't change by an update. But text2skin is now an optional plugin so it can be uninstalled by people who have problems with it.

Lars.

• What was your previous skin?
    The skin shouldn't change by an update. But text2skin is now an optional plugin so it can be uninstalled by people who have problems with it.

Lars.

Nope, my previous skin was the default one, but I do not remember the name and I think it is not among the actual sking list.

jbjbjb

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

• http://projects.vdr-developer.org/projects/skin-narrowhd
    Hasn't been updated for years, I don't know if it's compatible with the current text2skin. There had been some changes in the plugin.

Lars.

• Maybe it was "NarrowHD". I don't know, if it's a text2skin skin or a native skin or in which package it was.

Lars.

Yes it was, but it seems to be dissapeared, how can I recover the skin?

jbjbjb

• Maybe it was "NarrowHD". I don't know, if it's a text2skin skin or a native skin or in which package it was.

Lars.

The only skins I have to select are:
    - LCARS
    - ST:TNG Panels
    - Classic VDR

But I do not have any more skins. Is that right?

jbjbjb

• I'm not an expert for text2skin, but maybe you should contact the author.
    On the other hand there are some new skins (vdr-plugin-skinflat, vdr-plugin-skinflatplus, vdr-plugin-skinnopacity) which are actively maintained.

Have found a thread with a new version, the git has only the old version:
    NarrowHD v0.2

I don't know if I can find the time tonight to try to make a new package with it. I'll try.

Lars.

• But I do not have any more skins. Is that right?

You can install them with "sudo apt-get update ; sudo apt-get install vdr-plugin-skinflat".

Lars.

• Is vdr-plugin-text2skin installed and enabled? Does it match the installed vdr version?

Code
    apt-cache policy vdr vdr-plugin-text2skin

The default skin for yaVDR 0.5 was text2skin with an anthra 1920 theme.

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

• Is vdr-plugin-text2skin installed and enabled? Does it match the installed vdr version?

Code
    apt-cache policy vdr vdr-plugin-text2skin

The default skin for yaVDR 0.5 was text2skin with an anthra 1920 theme.

Hi.

You are right, I have installed test2skin and anthra 1920 theme and I recovered the same skin as before the update.

I do not know why text2skin and anthra have been uninstalled in last update????

Now, I can not display wareagle icons.....how can I recover them?

jbjbjb

• Hi again.

How can I recover wareagle icons? They are also missing after the update.

Regards
    jbjbjb

• Wareagle icons are not a package, they are part of a patch for VDR itself. So, if they are really missing in VDR package, there's no easy way to recover them ...

I don't know if the patch is included, but do you have the option in setup to enable them?

Regards
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

• I don't know if the patch is included, but do you have the option in setup to enable them?

Hi
    The option menu is:

Menu-->7.- System-->2.-Setup-->1.-Screen Menu-->>> The 4 option is to Enable/Disable Wareagle icons.

jbjbjb

Mod.: Please don't do fullquotes, they are not needed nor necessary.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• Do you use osd-fonts which include wareagle symbols?

• The 4 option is to Enable/Disable Wareagle icons.

So, patch is included. Symbols are IIRC part of the package "vdrsymbols-ttf", please check if this is installed or maybe just do a reinstall.

Regards
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

• Symbols are IIRC part of the package "vdrsymbols-ttf", please check if this is installed or maybe just do a reinstall.

Hi

The packet vdrsymbols-ttf was not installed, I have installed them and I restart vdr, but wareagle icons keep on missing. Instead of them, a rectangle symbol appears.

Something else to solve the problem?

Regards
    jbjbjb

Mod.: Stop doing fullquotes! Please learn to quote right: Richtig zitieren und URLs posten ..., fnu.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• Do you use osd-fonts which include wareagle symbols?

I do not know, I have that symbols from the beginning of my yaVDR installation. I never though they can uninstall by themselves, just like text2skin did.

• They do not uninstall themselves (I have tested the update behaviour in a normal yaVDR 0.5 stable Machine before) - they are just not a dependency of yavdr-essential anymore. So normally these packages are removed only if "apt-get autoremove" is called (unless you set their installation status to "manual")(http://manpages.ubuntu.com/man…e/en/man8/apt-mark.8.html)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!