loadepg + vdr-1.7.0

Originally posted by Grégoire
    Nein, leider nicht, ich habe einigen email mit Luca (der Entwicker von loadepg) aber wir können nicht finden warum es nicht lauft.

Hi, I have found a quick and dirty solution to let it work, tested on French Csat and working well.

As long loadepg cannot tune to channel due to frontend return error, simply remove the part of code who tune :

in loadepg.c return TRUE directly

bool cLoadepgOsd::SwitchToEpgChannel( void )
    {
    char ProviderName[64];
    char Frequency[64];
    char Polarization[64];
    char SourceName[64];
    char SymbolRate[64];
    return true ;
    if( OldChannel )
    {
    EpgChannel = new cChannel();
    *EpgChannel = *OldChannel;
    sscanf( EpgProviderValue1[MenuItem], "%[^:]:%[^:]:%[^:]:%[^:]:%[^:]", ProviderName, Frequency, P
    olarization, SourceName, SymbolRate );
    #if (APIVERSNUM == 10514) || (APIVERSNUM >= 10700)

and tune manually to channel who contain mhw data before running loadepg

Best regards

• [edit] removed source change and send email to plugins Author. [/edit]

• DVB-S has also a Rolloff, but its always the same.

Anyway, can you pls test?

Originally posted by wirbel
    DVB-S has also a Rolloff, but its always the same.
    Anyway, can you pls test?

Current value set is Unknow rollof corresponding to zero .. zero is the value currently registered on channel
    My solution give what I want for my own usage .. if you want to test yourself, here is some channels to add to your conf
    @+

TF1;CSAT:11895:vC34:S19.2E:27500:171:124=fra,125=eng:53:500,100:8371:1:1074:0:CFR192
    FRANCE 2;CSAT:12012:vC34:S19.2E:27500:160:80=fra:32:500,100:8801:1:1080:0:CFR4
    FRANCE 3;CSAT:12012:vC34:S19.2E:27500:161:84=fra:35:500,100:8802:1:1080:0:CFR80
    CANAL+;CSAT:11856:vC34:S19.2E:27500:160:80=fra,81=eng:32:0:8201:1:1072:0:CFR34
    ARTE;CANALSATELLITE:11568:vC56:S19.2E:22000:167:136=fra,137=deu:71:0:9019:1:1024:0:CFR111
    M6;CSAT:11895:vC34:S19.2E:27500:163:92=fra:59:500,100:8372:1:1074:0:CFR118

• If I could test DVB-S by my own - i wouldnt had asked you.

I can only access DVB-T and DVB-C.

• Hello

I'm the author of LoadEPG

There is a small bug.
    Open the file loadepg.h and change:
    #define DVBFE_FEC_AUTO 999
    #define DVBFE_MOD_AUTO 999
    #define DVBFE_DELSYS_DVBS 0
    #define DVBFE_ROLLOFF_UNKNOWN 0

In:
    //#define DVBFE_FEC_AUTO 999
    //#define DVBFE_MOD_AUTO 999
    //#define DVBFE_DELSYS_DVBS 0
    //#define DVBFE_ROLLOFF_UNKNOWN 0

I have tested with vdr-1.7.0 and working well.
    I have used both drivers, classic and multiproto.
    I use a FF card, Hauppauge Nexus 2.1

I think that the problem is the tuning, perhaps is need to create a channel for epg and not to use the function SetSatTransponderData().

Hi, Luca
    P.S. Sorry for my English

Originally posted by lukkinosat
    I think that the problem is the tuning, perhaps is need to create a channel for epg and not to use the function SetSatTransponderData().

Hi, yes it seems, when you remove the tuning part all is well. By the way I allready make a try to put value directly and not using #define (value based on real vdr epg channels) , result was the same on my install

@+

Originally posted by dplu

Hi, yes it seems, when you remove the tuning part all is well. By the way I allready make a try to put value directly and not using #define (value based on real vdr epg channels) , result was the same on my install

@+

Hi, back again with test. Latest dev version (0.2.1 - 20080701) is working well to retrieve epg. It still cannot switch (OSD message "Channel not available") but if you switch first to EPG channel and run plugin after, all is OK

Now I will test Free sat part :]
    @+

EDIT : All is working now, the trick for Free sat is to create an empty channel for guide like this :
    SKYEPG_UK;BSkyB:11778:vC23I1M2O0S0:S28.2E:27500:0:0:0:0:4090:2:2004:0
    Let SID to 1, as long this channel is encrypted, it provoque a segfault every time with real channels

• thx very much Luca it's working again for Canal Digitaal + Canal+

Unfortunately I don't get SKY Uk working. I tried d0m's patch and dplu's line in channels.conf

After a while of "loading" it says Download Complete but no extended epg on any BSkyB channel :(

could it be a conflict with the freesat patch from d0m?

• Hi, when loadepg has run, it write many files on tmp folder, especially epg.channels where indicated channels and if epg is available or not.
    When you've said no epg data, did you check from vdr or from vdradmin ? if vdradmin, it take time to come
    @+

• I directly checked from vdr but no luck.

when checking /tmp/epg.channels there are all the sky channels but the EPG row says "NO" or "..."

one thing is really strange: Channel ID is always "S13.0E-"... and not "S28.2E-" how to change that?

Originally posted by newsy
    I directly checked from vdr but no luck.

when checking /tmp/epg.channels there are all the sky channels but the EPG row says "NO" or "..."

one thing is really strange: Channel ID is always "S13.0E-"... and not "S28.2E-" how to change that?

When you have scan astra/eurobird you may have mix sat ID and transponder list. you may check your config first or mass replace sat ID. Take care of diseqc.conf if you have one, the entry may be also wrong. When all will be clean, make a new retrieve of epg

You can find channels.conf ready made here : http://www.vdr-settings.com/

@+

• dplu: sorry it was a stupid mistake, had an old loadepg.conf file in my /video/plugins/ folder. I forgot to copy it from my PLUGINS/src directory.

thx to d0m and luca for their great work. :lovevdr

BTW are there also epg plugins for VIASAT or Canal Digital Nordic?

• Hi

Just try to compile it but failed :

I use vdr 1.7.0 with patch for H264 + DVB-S2 only, previous dev release was compiling OK

If you need more information or debug, I can test this evening

@+

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!