lazy menu

• Hi.

I have a little problem with the menus in yavdr 0.3. It takes its time to respond, it is a little bit lazy in my case.
    When I have XBMC activated, its menus are faster than vdr and I do not know why.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

• Should I give more information?

Thanks.

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

• According to this topic the ION Chipset of the shuttle xs35gt has only 8 instead of 16 Cuda Cores so VDPAU won't work flawless. This could explain some of your other problems (e.g. corrupted sound) you posted.

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

• Thanks for the answer.

After an apt-get dist-upgrade it seems to work better but it is not totally solved.

• Zitat

Originally posted by hotzenplotz5
    change skin to pearlhd, should be faster.

I had enigma working, but as you say ,pearlhd is faster. Thanks again.

• Zitat

Original von jbjbjb

I had enigma working, but as you say ,pearlhd is faster. Thanks again.

You changed from the default skin to another, complained about the slowness and didn't tell that you changed the skin?

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• Zitat

Originally posted by seahawk1986
    According to this topic the ION Chipset of the shuttle xs35gt has only 8 instead of 16 Cuda Cores so VDPAU won't work flawless. This could explain some of your other problems (e.g. corrupted sound) you posted.

I tried to move on the menu with enigma skin by mean a keyboard and the movements are very, very faster than moving with the remote control (although a little freeze -miliseconds- is produced in the tv image every time the option of the menu changes).

Could be a problem with IR and its time of answer more than the graphic card?

Could be solved by mean an starting parameter in vdr-sxfe@vdr-plugin-xineliboutput?

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

• Zitat

Originally posted by gda

You changed from the default skin to another, complained about the slowness and didn't tell that you changed the skin?

Gerald

I am sorry. I though that enigma skin was better in that aspect than others, then I do not realize that the information was important (I am novice :wand ) but as I said in the previous post, I am not sure the problem is the graphic card.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

• Someone knows if I can try something like a starting parameter in vdr-sxfe@vdr-plugin-xineliboutput?

• Hi again.

I have achieved to avoid the microsecond freezing when moving over the menu.

In:
    osd/system/configuration/plugins/xineliboutput.....plugin/OSD

I have changed:
    Blending method: Software (instead of hardware, that is the default value)

With that change, the movements over the menus do not produce the little freeze in the screen, BUT... the letters in the menus have lost quality, as if the resolution is wrong. The aspect is much worst.

Any idea to achieve the same result without the loss of quality in the menu?

• When I am moving on the menu options the use of CPU increases from 3 till 50%.

Is that normal? This operation should be run by the graphic card (VPAU), not by CPU, should not it?

jbjbjb

• with current implementation the rendering is done on CPU, this should improve in future (with next vdr release and adoptions of the plugins thereafter), You can try another skin like enigmang which should reduce the load as less colors are used and the skin is done in code and not generated like text2skin anthra/Pearlhd

VDR User: 87 - LaScala LC14B - LG/Phillipps 6,4" VGA Display | Asrock H61/U3S3 | G630T | 1x 16GB Mobi Mtron 3035 1x WD 750GB 2,5" |1x L4m DVB-S2 Version 5.4

• Zitat

Originally posted by steffen_b
    with current implementation the rendering is done on CPU, this should improve in future (with next vdr release and adoptions of the plugins thereafter), You can try another skin like enigmang which should reduce the load as less colors are used and the skin is done in code and not generated like text2skin anthra/Pearlhd

Thanks.

I thought this option of the setup is for changing that behavior:
    osd/system/setup/plugins/xineliboutput.....plugin/OSD/Blending method: Software/Harware

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!