Sometimes there is no image and no sound after exiting XBMC in yaVDR 0.5

• Hi.

Sometimes (about 20%-30% times) when I return from XBMC to yaVDR 0.5, the screen remains black or with the yaVDR logo, but I can no watch neither tv image nor sound. To solve the problem I have to do a "sudo restart vdr" command by mean ssh conection.

The last time it happened /var/log/syslog returned those lines:

Over the first dotted line, at 23:40:34 I exit from XBMC according with syslog, and at 23:42:38 (over the last dotted line) I have to do the "sudo restart vdr" to recover the tv image and sound.

Can someone tell me if I can do something to solve the issue?

Thanks and regards.

jbjbjb

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

• How do you start and stop XBMC?

I am wondering why there are two XBMC exit messages - it seems xbmc-exit is called twice.

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

• Hi.

I press the shutdown button in the remote control (I do not go to the exit/shutdown button in the screen of XMBC).

jbjbjb

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

• Sorry, it was my mistake, I realized that there was copied the same portion twice in the syslog I attached.

Now the syslog is the correct.

Sorry again.

jbjbjb

• Are there any errors in /var/log/upstart/vdr-frontend.log?

• Hi.

This is the content of the file:

jbjbjb

• Ok, there is noch critical error, just warnings.
    Can you paste a complete syslog?

Code
    # if not already installed
    sudo apt-get install pastebinit
    sudo pastebinit /var/log/syslog

• Hi.

Here you have:

syslog: http://paste.ubuntu.com/6158020/

syslog.1: http://paste.ubuntu.com/6158024/

Regards
    jbjbjb

• Hi.

More than one week ago that the issue does not appear again. Now I exit from XBMC from the shutdown button in the main menu screen and I select exit option.

I guess that the problem was that I was finishing XBMC by pressing the power button in my remote.

Is there any way to force XBMC to use "exit" option instead "shutdown" option when the remote shutdown button is pressed?

Regards.
    jbjbjb

• Is there any way to force XBMC to use "exit" option instead "shutdown" option when the remote shutdown button is pressed?

If you did not alter the default key settings KEY_POWER2 gets mapped to <power> which calls XBMC.Quit(): https://github.com/yavdr/yavdr…ps/remote.xml/10_main#L69 - this should be the same as choosing "exit" in the shutdown menu.

• Do you use the testing-repo ?
    Maybe you should check this

[size=10]nOpacity: Icons
    [size=10]skindesigner: tryoutsglassy

• If you did not alter the default key settings KEY_POWER2 gets mapped to <power> which calls XBMC.Quit(): https://github.com/yavdr/yavdr…ps/remote.xml/10_main#L69 - this should be the same as choosing "exit" in the shutdown menu.

Well, I have checked and I do not have any change in remote.xml (at least not in the <power> line), but It seems to me that the behaviour is not the same, pressing de shutdown button or by exitting with the exit option on the screen.

Regards.
    jbjbjb

• Do you use the testing-repo ?

I do not know, but I do not think so.

Regards.
    jbjbjb

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!