Kanotix with vdr 1.52

• Hi all,

after a long fight with suse I decided to try another distribution.

I went for Kanotix, which is Debian derivative (etch), and must say that I am quite happy.

In addition the support on the IRC by the master KANO is very good.

However, one thing is buging me all this time.

There are plugins which are not in the original repository of Debian nor of Tobi and I would like to play and learn how to compile and install plugins in Debian.

I know that I need vdr-dev and I have got it, but what now....

How to build deb packages or how to compile plugins so they work with vdr.

Help will be extremely appreciated.

thanks in advance
    senad

• try using sidux or nativ debian.

sidux have own very well worked and supported vdr-packages for the most cases. but of course you can mix them with the tobi packages, knowledge about package management preconditioned.

• Zitat

Original von basicsenad
    I went for Kanotix, which is Debian derivative (etch), and must say that I am quite happy.
    There are plugins which are not in the original repository of Debian nor of Tobi and I would like to play and learn how to compile and install plugins in Debian....

Zitat

Original von raha
    try using sidux or nativ debian.

sidux have own very well worked and supported vdr-packages for the most cases. but of course you can mix them with the tobi packages, knowledge about package management preconditioned.

???

• well, moving and installing another set of tools is not an option at the moment

Kanotix is debian based, and I have a lot of things working on it, where I did spend some considerable time to get it to my liking.

therefore, i was wondering if someone could help me how to use vdr-dev to compile plugins locally and install them

thanks
    senad

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!