Problem with movies over mplayer

• This weekend I had some time to play with my vdr, so i tried some new things.

@ Juri
    Sorry this reply took some time, but it was a bit hectic at work.
    I tried the patch you send me, but with it even the pal starts trembling. I tried a lot of different settings, but the result is worse than the normal use of mplayer. Maybe for others this will be different.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The next thing I tried was the new mplayer.sh 0.8.5pre1.
    This is working perfect for me, so I'm really happy with it.

But then i saw the latest messages in the dvb mailinglist about the sound output and the cpu load. Because of this I thought I'd give it a try with the -nosound parameter with ntsc set to true. This worked perfect, even with lavc set to 9000. No stuttering of trembling, just a perfect smooth picture. If I take the nosoud away and use the ao=mpegpes setting (with ac3 set to false), all the problems start again.

Now I was wondering if I could do anything about this, to play a smooth picture with sound? I haven't tried the sound over oss yet, but I will try as soon as possible.

Greetings, i123sat

• Well, this confuses me more and more.

The problem with the CPU load that you mentioned actually happens if you *don't* use -ao mpegpes, but -ao oss.
    So what you're seeing is the opposite of this, but you seem to be on the right track.
    I must admit that I'm not very familiar with the mplayer internals and I can only recommend to subscribe to the mplayer-dvb mailing list and to take part in the current discussion regarding the CPU load.

Good luck,
    Juri

• @ Juri

yes, you're right

It is the total opposite of the problem discussed in the mailinglist. And next to this, my cpu load is never above 35 to 40 % with sound and without. This is the most confusing thing. The first thing i'll do now is install the alsa drivers to test the sound over oss.

Greetings. I123sat

• Has this up/down trembling problem been solved? I'm experiencing exactly the same issue myself. It only happens with NTSC material (I have tested only with xvid content, haven't got any NTSC mpegs), PAL material is fine.

I'm using mplayer.sh 0.8.6, and I get the same behaviour with for example the following command line:

Code
    mplayer -vo mpegpes -ao mpegpes -vf scale=640:362,expand=640:480:-1:-1:1,lavc=5000:30 -framedrop -cache 4096 -nolirc -subpos 80 -sub-bg-color 0 -sub-bg-alpha 30 -ac -hwac3, movie.avi

I have tried mplayer versions 1.0-pre5 (unofficial debian packages) and a few weeks old CVS build.

Again, as told in this thread, adding -nosound fixes the problem, -ao null however does not. I'm also seeing some framedrops but I think that's all thanks to my slow cpu (Celeron II 800 MHz).

I have a Hauppauge DVB-C rev. 2.1 full-featured card and I'm using 2.6.10-rc3 kernel and DVB drivers from CVS.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!