Beiträge von i123sat

I checked the /var/log/messages a few times after a bad recording, but there never were error messages, everything looked ok. Are there other log files I have to check?

, I123Sat

Lately when I record something on my VDR, The recording is not playable. I'm experiencing the problem with 1.2.6 and 1.3.1. It's not with every recording, but random. If i try to play a bad recording with vdr itself, it's all scrambled up and it quits. If I play a recording with mplayer, I'm getting a "LMLM4 Stream Format not found". Just now I tried to convert something with vdrsync.pl, but then i'm getting: "There was not a single timestamp in this GOP, giving up" I don't know what else to try at the moment. It would be nice if I could restore some bad recordings.

Is there anyone who knows something else i can try.

Thanks in advance, I123Sat

@ Juri

yes, you're right

It is the total opposite of the problem discussed in the mailinglist. And next to this, my cpu load is never above 35 to 40 % with sound and without. This is the most confusing thing. The first thing i'll do now is install the alsa drivers to test the sound over oss.

Greetings. I123sat

This weekend I had some time to play with my vdr, so i tried some new things.

@ Juri
    Sorry this reply took some time, but it was a bit hectic at work.
    I tried the patch you send me, but with it even the pal starts trembling. I tried a lot of different settings, but the result is worse than the normal use of mplayer. Maybe for others this will be different.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The next thing I tried was the new mplayer.sh 0.8.5pre1.
    This is working perfect for me, so I'm really happy with it.

But then i saw the latest messages in the dvb mailinglist about the sound output and the cpu load. Because of this I thought I'd give it a try with the -nosound parameter with ntsc set to true. This worked perfect, even with lavc set to 9000. No stuttering of trembling, just a perfect smooth picture. If I take the nosoud away and use the ao=mpegpes setting (with ac3 set to false), all the problems start again.

Now I was wondering if I could do anything about this, to play a smooth picture with sound? I haven't tried the sound over oss yet, but I will try as soon as possible.

Greetings, i123sat

Because I thought that the problem was my hardware, yesterday I tried 2 other computers. An athlon xp1800 and a PIII-800. Both with a linvdr 0.4 install. The result: Both exactly the same problems.

I have set pal and ntsc both to true.
    When I put the slow_cpu to true, the ntsc videos stutter a little bit. When I change the slow_cpu to false the ntsc videos start trembling.

If I put ntsc to false, all the videos play well, but that way with ntsc movies the audio isn't synchronised most of the time.

I haven't got a ntsc mpeg file, but i'm working on that.

Can the DVB card (both the rev 1.3 and 1.6) be the problem? Because the tv supports ntsc and I now tried 3 different computers (with a lot of different clean installs and setups), And it all gives me the same result.

greetings, I123Sat

Last time I totally forgot to test the ntsc dvd's in my vdr, so I tried it this time.

I noticed that all the NTSC dvd's have got a 29.97 framerate, while all my divx movies are either 23.976 of 23 FPS. If I try to play a ntsc dvd (with 29.97) in my vdr, it works fine. Only all my divx (23 and 23.976 FPS) don't.

Could it be that the telecine function doesn't work correct with my configuration, or is telecine not to be configured?, I tried some things with the -fps attribute, but this only made the stuttering worse.

Thanx in advance, I123Sat

This weekend I loaned a region free dvd-player from a friend and I got myself 4 different ntsc dvd's and a couple of ntsc vcd's. Then I tested it with my tv and it played perfect.

I also loaned a tv from someone. This was an aristona tv with ntsc support. I connected it to my vdr machine and it gave the exact ame output as on my own tv. It always keeps stuttering a little with non 25fps movies.

So the problem must be my vdr machine. I don't think installing everything again will help, because the previous 3 times it didn't work either.

Is there anything I can still try, or is my hardware just....Not compatible.

greetings, I123Sat

Hey jha,

I haven't tried to play a ntsc vcd or dvd, they were all pal. I don't think I have one around here, but I'll tryto find one.

I both tried composite out and J2 scart out(default) and they give me both the same results. Both with my rev 1.3 and 1.6 card.

I'm very sure that my tv is ntsc capable. If I configure an ntsc output on my windows machine (GForce card output) it works fine. Also on the same scart input.

The only problem is that when I enable the ntsc setting, there's much more stuttering and the picture starts trembling.

First I'll try to find a ntsc dvd or vcd, to test my ntsc over dvb.

thanx, I123Sat

This weekend I tried some things with mplayer. For pal everything works fine now. I changed ntsc to false and they run perfect. The problem is that most of my movies are ntsc and I just can't find a way to make them run smoothly. I searched a lot of forums and most of the conclusions are that if you wan't to play an ntsc movie perfectly, you'll have to buy a tv that supports ntsc.

My tv supports ntsc, but when I switch ntsc to true in mplayer.sh, the picture trebles once of twice a second. With this trembling I mean that the picture moves up and down a millimeter. I tried to play some movies from the commandline, but the results are the same. If I change slow_cpu to true, it doesn't tremble anymore, but the quality is really bad and the movies stutter a little bit. I tested the ntsc from my tv and it works fine. I take it that the DVB card can't be the problem, because it supports ntsc. I tried another DVB-S card and the results are exactly the same.

Is there anything left that I can try to make my ntsc movies run smooth?

Hello, my adsl modem/router broke down last week and I'm at work right now, so my reply's may take a while.

This weekend I tried a lot of different options and the one that stutteres the least is the 704x576 scaling, but with this scaling, some scenes (no action of something special) just begins stuttering a lot (sound also). I also tried to change the lavc option. I tried every option from 9000 to 1000 with steps of 500, and the only thing that changes is that the block artifacts get bigger. The stuttering stays the same.

This happens with every possible movie file on my hd (divx, xvid, mov, ...). If I play a dvd or a vcd over mplayer, it runs perfect.

Is it possible to encode(convert) a divx or xvid file to mpeg2 (HQ) and then to a vdr video file, so I can play it smooth over vdr?

I tried some things with mencoder and mjpeg, but i got really strange outputs, with bad quality that also stutter, and some of them can't even be read.

juri
    I just started with movies over mplayer and I first wan't to experiment for a while, so I know what to talk about. I think I'll end up with the same problem you,or maybe everyone, have, but I first want to experience the problem before I can report it.

I’m having a problem with mplayer. None of my divx/xvid/mpeg/… is running ok. The problem with all of them is that they don’t run smooth. Some 25fps movies do run ok, but when special effects show up, the smoothness is gone and it starts stuttering. An extra problem with the 23.976 movies is that the picture moves up and down a little (trembles). I’ve set the mplayer.sh(0.8.4) ntsc and pal to true, framedrop to false and lavc to 9000, but next to this I tried almost every possible option. I’m using VDR 1.2.5 with the 050903 dvb drivers and I tried mplayer version 0.92 and 1.0pre2. My tv supports pal and ntsc(auto). The whole thing is running on a clean (non-x) slackware with kernel 2.4.22. The rest of the specs are: PIV-2.4 Ghz 512 internal(dual-ddr400) 160Gb sata Maxtor disk, DVB-S rev1.6.

Next to all this I also tried the linvdr0.3 distro witch runs great, but has exactly the same problem with my movies. If I use top to check the activity, mplayer is taking about 30 %. Hdparm –t gives me 56 MB/sec.

Is there anything that I can try to fix this problem

I'm using peanut linux and foolishly this morning i threw away the rc.local file. I tried to recover it, but it didn't work. Can someone send me the peanut rc.local file?

thanx already, I123Sat

Thanks for the link, adding the + 1 to
    cStatus::MsgOsdChannel(buffer + 1);
    did the job. Stupid of me i did't find the topic myself, my German is not that good.

Thanx, I123Sat

I am now running vdr 1.1.29 with lcdproc 0.4.4, but when i change channel and the onscreen info disapears after 5 seconds my 2nd line on my 40x4 hd44780 where the current channel is shown also disapears. It worked well wiith other vdr and (lcdproc) versions. I can't find it anywhere in the vdr setup. Does anyone know how to fix this.

thanx, I123Sat