Development Environment

• Hi All

Now that I have a semi working system I'd like to do more I need to compile a few plugins not included in Mahlzeit-ISO 3.2 and I also have a friend of a friend that can help translate the SETUP.pl to english. I'd like to contribute to the project in some way and to do that I will need a development environment. To do this I will need help.

Can someone explain to me how to setup the environement and where can the source for all the utilities added to Mahlzeit-ISO 3.2.

Also can someone explain what linvdrupdater and mylinvdr do and how to use them

Thanks
    Hugues

• Ok

I see there is not a whole lot of insterest in helping me with this, all I ask is a few pointers.

I've attached my first translation of SETUP.pl if someone is interested in adding it to linvdr or Mahlzeit ISO 3.2.

Thanks again

Hugues

• Zitat

Original von hbelanger
    I see there is not a whole lot of insterest in helping me with this, all I ask is a few pointers.

You opened your thread in the german speaking forum - would be a better idea , to open a thread in the english forum ;)

On the other hand your question is not really new .
    The LinVDR Base is debian woody .
    If you have installed a woody system , that should be enough as a development Sys .

HJS

Working VDR : VDR-1.4.6 - ACPI/NVRAM Wakeup - working on hjslfs

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hjs ()

• Zitat

Original von hbelanger
    Can someone explain to me how to setup the environement and where can the source for all the utilities added to Mahlzeit-ISO 3.2.

Hi,

you can find information about how to set up a development system on linvdr.org. Here you can find the VDR and Plugin sources which Toxic Tonic compiled for Mahlzeit-3.2. There is a (experimental) script for installing a development environment within Mahlzeit-ISO 3.2 and gcc-3.3.3. With this newer gcc, you are able to compile any kernel (not only up to 2.6.1[67]) with gcc-2.95. But this is, as described, experimental.

Zitat

Also can someone explain what linvdrupdater and mylinvdr do and how to use them

mylinvdr.sh:
    This shell script helps you to create a bootable backup CD of your current LinVDR System (without recordings and without any files under /pub). It is also used to generate the Mahlzeit-ISO's you can download.
    Running the script in the shell with "mylinvdr.sh -miso -oshell" to get an image of a bootable CD from your current installation. More options can be seen in the help-Page "mylinvdr.sh -h"

linvdrupdater.sh:
    The shell script assists you to install additional packages (e.g. VDR Updates, lib-Updates etc.) without the need to know where they can be downloaded or how they are installed. Additional, linvdrupdater.sh is used to fix bugs in Mahlzeit-ISO's oder in LinVDR (e.g. scp-Bug).
    Simply type "linvdrupdater.sh" in the shell, the script will catch the Installation-script and will install all needed updates/fixes/additional packages. For more parameters, have a look at the help Page with "linvdrupdater.sh -h".

Since linvdrupdater.sh v0.4, there is the possibility to install packages marked as "beta", especially this ist the package VDR-1.4.5-1 with burn 0.0.10 and java from Toxic-Tonic. This packages are not yet testet in Mahlzeit-ISO in combiantion with a PVR350 and a DXR3, therefore they are not yet in the "normal" update-script. You can force linvdrupdater to install these packages by calling linvdrupdater with Parameter "-b". Be sure to have the latest version (currently 0.4) of linvdrupdater installed.

cu
    Mar(Mahlzeit)kus

• Thanks for you help

I've started the install and downloaded hoochvdr prepatch version of VDR and so far it's now compiling looks like I'm in for a long weekend of compiling

if someone has time to kill try to compile
    wget http://www.hoochvdr.info/files…lugins.20070108.1.tar.bz2

to get the api set use:

cd /usr/local/src/VDR/vdr-x.x.xx/PLUGINS/src/<plugin>
    sed -i -e s/VDRVERSION/APIVERSION/g Makefile
    sed -i -e '/^DVBDIR/d' -e 's|-I$(DVBDIR)/include||' Makefile

Thanks again

Hugues

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!