Beiträge von hbelanger

Thanks for you help

I've started the install and downloaded hoochvdr prepatch version of VDR and so far it's now compiling looks like I'm in for a long weekend of compiling

if someone has time to kill try to compile
    wget http://www.hoochvdr.info/files…lugins.20070108.1.tar.bz2

to get the api set use:

cd /usr/local/src/VDR/vdr-x.x.xx/PLUGINS/src/<plugin>
    sed -i -e s/VDRVERSION/APIVERSION/g Makefile
    sed -i -e '/^DVBDIR/d' -e 's|-I$(DVBDIR)/include||' Makefile

Thanks again

Hugues

Well

After hours of testing and troubleshooting I must say that I'm disapointed.
    The DXR3 plugins is just to unstable and the OSD rescaling on NTSC is brutal and the text in low resolution is unreadable ..!

What resolution works with DXR3 ? I'd like to know how are you guys using this plugin ?

Anyhow I have to switch back to softdevice and directFB and still don't know how to setup a development environment.

Ok

I see there is not a whole lot of insterest in helping me with this, all I ask is a few pointers.

I've attached my first translation of SETUP.pl if someone is interested in adding it to linvdr or Mahlzeit ISO 3.2.

Thanks again

Hugues

Hi All

Now that I have a semi working system I'd like to do more I need to compile a few plugins not included in Mahlzeit-ISO 3.2 and I also have a friend of a friend that can help translate the SETUP.pl to english. I'd like to contribute to the project in some way and to do that I will need a development environment. To do this I will need help.

Can someone explain to me how to setup the environement and where can the source for all the utilities added to Mahlzeit-ISO 3.2.

Also can someone explain what linvdrupdater and mylinvdr do and how to use them

Thanks
    Hugues

Almost forgot

I'd like to have the ability to build my own kernel and VDR modules from a VMware enviroment is there anyone out there that can send me a prebuilt vmware instance

Thanks

Hugues

Hi All

Just wanted to let you know that DXR3 is now working in NTSC mode on Mahlzeit-ISO 3.2 with Dr. Seltsam's linvdr-kernel-2.6.18-em8300-NTSC.tgz modules.

Now I need to get the rest of the stuff working can anyone translate the setup program so I can do a setup_english PLEASE...!

I'll keep everyone posted

Thanks to everyone that helped me..!

Hugues

I keep clicking the wrong button it's in German and I have no clue what it means,

I changed the language to english in my profile but the images are still in German..!

I installed Fedora Core 5 and I get teh same problem I just realize that the DXR# svideo 4-pin cable is connected to a svideo to cable (catv/coax) converter. This works with my Nvidea video out card just fine. I'll move my system closer to the tv and give tha a try

Thanks

hugues

That worked ok now the screen is started in NTSC

but I get the same grey screen, looks like this is a bug with the driver I guess I need a newer
    em8300.ko module..!

Thanks for all your help

Hugues

That worked ok now the screen is started in NTSC

but I get the same grey screen, looks like this is a bug with the driver I guess I need a newer
    em8300.ko module..!

Thanks for all your help

Hugues

Good Morning
    I get this error when using mplayer -vo dxr3 dvd://, since vdr seems to always reset the driver to pal at startup (not sure how to change that)

when I use mplayer about 1/4 of the left screen is black and the rest is oversizr and grey, but I can see part of the movie player. I've tried almos all the settins but here's with no change exept for a completely black screen. I use a 4 pin S-video cable does that matter ?

Here's what I have in /etc/modprobe.d/em8300

#configuration for adv717x bt865 em8300, generated by dxr3config 0.3.2
    #chip-parameterset: 3
    alias char-major-121 em8300
    install em8300 /sbin/modprobe adv717x && /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install em8300
    remove em8300 /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove em8300 && /sbin/modprobe -r adv717x
    options adv717x pixelport_16bit=1 pixelport_other_pal=1 output_mode=svideo pixeldata_adjust_ntsc=1
    options em8300 dicom_fix=1 dicom_control=1 dicom_other_pal=1

Ok I've got the module istalled a I'm almos there screen is in NTSC mode, but the screen is a quater black and the rest is oversized and grey, I see there is a video syn error in the log.

Thanks you so much for you help I'll see what else I can figure out before I beg for help again

em8300: EM8300 8300 (rev 1) bus: 0, devfn: 64, irq: 209, memory: 0xe6000000.
    em8300: mapped-memory at 0xe0f80000
    em8300: using MTRR
    em8300_main.o: Chip revision: 2
    adv717x.o: ADV7175A chip detected
    adv717x.o: Configuring for PAL 60
    adv717x.o: Configuring for NTSC
    em8300_audio.o: Analog audio enabled
    em8300: Microcode version 0x29 loaded
    adv717x.o: Configuring for PAL
    em8300_audio.o: Analog audio enabled

eror :

em8300_video.o: Video sync rdptr is stuck at 0x0002d4cf, wrptr 0x00034275, left 28070
    em8300_video.o: Video sync timeout

Hi All,

Althought I can speak German I managed to get Mahlzeit 3.2 installed and almost working
    I have tw Skystar 2 card that are recognized and my DXR3 also working the only problem I have is that since I'm in Canada I need to set the DXR3 to NTSC and the em8300setup utlity is not on the system ??? Can this be added please ?

I really like the LinVDR concept and wish it was extentend to work in North America There is a huge VDR following, but all of the use full blown distro like Debian Gentoo etc. I like the mini distro approch and plan to install it on a Compact Flash and use a hard drive to store Media.

Anyhow I just need that up and running.

I would like to get my hands on a recent development tree from Mahlzeit I downloaded a VMware version and it's missing a lot of stuff ?

Thanks

Hi all,

I managed to get Mahlzeit ISO 3.2 installed and I'm tryng to get dxr3 working

I looks like all is fine exept I have a scrolling screen and in the log it looks like dxr3-plugin is set to PAL how to I chage it to NTSC ?

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

I've manage to get VDR working here in Canada on ubuntu, but to be honest I'm having a hard time getting some of the plugin's to work. I'm using softdevice-XV and would like to do the following:

Install VDR on AMD Sempherong 2200+
    Skystart 2
    pvr-150
    matrox or dxr3 output
    I also want to test softdevice on Nvidia
    I need SC also

I need someone that can give m a little guidance and describe the install process
    or maybe LinVDR 0.8 will have a complete english install.

Please help

Thanks
    Hugues