Vdr 2 Dvd

• Hi,

What is the best tool to convert vdr to dvd/svcd/vcd without vdr on the machine.

When i have to use vdr, is it possible to use vdr without dvb hardware.

I use vdr on a 400 mhz machine, i won't try to use it for this purpose.

dorpsgek

• Hi,

Zitat

When i have to use vdr, is it possible to use vdr without dvb hardware.

Sure, think of streamdev-clients. Even without streamdev, you'll see VDR complain about no reception on each channel, but this is no problem (as long as there's an output device).

• Hi,

1. use vdrconvert. It runs as a seperate demon with queues and converters for every known transformation.

2. You will be able to record DVB-Streams with a budget dvb-card but 400MHz will not suffice to play Recordings without any hardware decoder, which is part of full featured DVB-cards or might be a seperate component, like Hollywood cards.

I'm not sure if I got you right - next time try to be more verbose about what you want to establish.

--schmettow.

VDR 1.4.0 [dvd, dvdselect, mp3ng,remote, control, graphTFT, taste, tvonscreen, streamdev-server] - FW f32623
    OpenSuse 10.0 Vanilla 2.6.15.4 - vdrconvert - Noad
    Dign HV5, Asus P4P800 deluxe, Celeron M (silent modded) - TT 1.5 - Budget-S - AVBoard 1.3 - 12" TFT
    Peripherals: Kameleon 8060 - Philips DFR-9000 - Sharp 26GA4E - Pinnacle Showcenter 1000g

• Hi,

You asked if i could be more specific about what i want.

I record a movie or a serie on my vdr box, i don't want to convert it on that machine, it got a 400 mhz cpu and 2 dvb-s fullfeatured cards in it.

I have also an 2400+ machine, but no vdr or dvb-s card in it.

I download the .vdr from the 400 machine to the 2400+, is it possible to convert the vdr file to dvd/divx/svcd (whatever) on the 2400+ machine.

I hope this is more verbose for the readers.

dorpsgek

• yes and yes

I use vdrconvert. It will require transcode and other bits and pieces.

Tony

hush Mini-ITX Epia M10000, Sony 40" fullHD LCD @ 1920x1080, Skystar2, ubuntu 10.10 (sucks with VDR), VDR 1.6.0, neufbox HD and media center for recording playback

• Hi dorpsgek,

what you could do is:
    1) mount your slowpc:/video to fastpc:/video via nfs
    2) Install vdrconvert on fastpc
    3) To convert 1 or many Recordings, do
    a) ins.sh vdr2dvd /path/to/recording/
    b) Repeat a) for every recording
    c) startconv.sh vdr2dvd

As I said: vdrconvert is separate to vdr and above you see part of it's interface.

--schmettow.

VDR 1.4.0 [dvd, dvdselect, mp3ng,remote, control, graphTFT, taste, tvonscreen, streamdev-server] - FW f32623
    OpenSuse 10.0 Vanilla 2.6.15.4 - vdrconvert - Noad
    Dign HV5, Asus P4P800 deluxe, Celeron M (silent modded) - TT 1.5 - Budget-S - AVBoard 1.3 - 12" TFT
    Peripherals: Kameleon 8060 - Philips DFR-9000 - Sharp 26GA4E - Pinnacle Showcenter 1000g

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!